#13 Col. Independence (5-5 @ #4 Massillon (8-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious too.
The attendance was very low by Massillon standards. Don't know if OHSAA will announce figures later nest week. Someone in the press box told me they counted about 100 people on the visitors side. I would guess attendance was down everywhere. These Round 1 games in an expanded playoffs were not good. Columbus Independence was not a good team.

The attendance was very low by Massillon standards. Don't know if OHSAA will announce figures later nest week. Someone in the press box told me they counted about 100 people on the visitors side. I would guess attendance was down everywhere. These Round 1 games in an expanded playoffs were not good. Columbus Independence was not a good team.
They were close as I had counted 137 right before the first quarter was over. There may have been 1 to 4 people from Columbus there.

The whole point of the conversation is a post in this thread with the belief that there would be more than 8000 people in attendance for this game. It wasn't close.
So what? Why is it a big deal that a poster was over aggressive with their attendance estimate? Is THAT really a big deal?
Maybe you really do need to get a life outside of hating on Massillon.

Relax.

I was going to go 59-7 (because literally that score popped up in my head) and say Massillon fails to cover the -53 but opted for the "Reverse Perrysburg".

About that Perrysburg team still can't believe they lost the following week to brian1227's Nordonia Knights.

This HS Football stuff is just fun for me these days. Not so serious. So much awful going on in the world today. It is nice to see Hoover actually field a good team. Too few of them lately.
Blew a 2 score lead in 4th against Nordonia

I was the one that was hoping for 8K+, since PBTS has a roof over a large
portion of the home stands. I am very disappointed in the Tiger fans.

But I understand; a lot of $$$ spent last week pre & post the win over the
Bulldogs. Big bite in the budget.

Apparently the attendance was not announced, which Massillon usually does.

:>---

SALT

I was the one that was hoping for 8K+, since PBTS has a roof over a large
portion of the home stands. I am very disappointed in the Tiger fans.

But I understand; a lot of $$$ spent last week pre & post the win over the
Bulldogs. Big bite in the budget.

Apparently the attendance was not announced, which Massillon usually does.

:>---

SALT
Whatever led to that conclusion is flawed - BAD. I didn't go and nobody should be disappointed. I pay for 5 season tickets, and when I don't go I throw down 10 additional dollars to watch from home. I contribute plenty - I'll come and go as I please. Also, these arguments about attendance are ridiculous.

I think I now know more about the attendance than what actually happened on the field during the GAME.
It's really very simple.

A fan, leaning on the Massillon Mystique, predicted there would be at least 8000 in attendance.
I questioned it.
A Tigers fan admitted attendance was 2000-2500.
Case closed.
Until the Massillon faithful got all butt-hurt over the truth.

The point is that the Massillon Mystique isn't what people think it is.

The point is that the Massillon Mystique isn't what people think it is.
It isn’t ?
If it isn’t then why are you on here constantly posting about Massillon ?
If it isn’t then why does Massillon have more season ticket holders then anyone in the State ?
If it isn’t then explain the stories every year of someone wearing a Massillon shirt in Europe or in random states around the US and someone coming up to them talking about Massillon Tiger football.
You are a fool if you think otherwise.
No Massillon fan in there right mind thought there would be 8,000 there last night.
The point is you are constantly concerning yourself with Massillon (other then the actual football game) on a daily basis and it’s flat out f’ng weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.