#12 Lake Blue Streaks (5-4)@#5 Westerville South (7-2)

Lake heads down to Columbus this Friday to play Westerville South. Any information on Westerville? I hope Lake is ready to play this one. I have no prediction because of not knowing a thing about the opponent except for their record. Any Lake fans making the trip Friday?

Last edited:

Recently saw them in action. Very good team on both sides of the ball. Saunders stretches the field and then they use a lot of slants and screens to exploit space with their athletes. Defense is fast with sideline to sideline coverage. Lines are solid. They are penalty prone and lots of players go two ways. They can hang with anyone in the region but I can see them being vulnerable in the first round with a team that can run the ball and minimize mistakes. However they have big play capability which can atone for a lot of mistakes.

Definitely gonna be a tough battle for Lake. Last year Saunders was the most impressive player Massillon played against in my opinion. Playmaker that don’t quit when he’s on the field, very raw skill level.

Yes but if last year's WS QB has graduated (I'm assuming he has since nobody is mentionin him) is this year's WS QB a game changer like last years?

I'd like to see Lake win because of the proximity and respect for their program. I'll say this, Lake, for a long while, has been the smallest school in the Fed and you never hear their fans #itch or p/ss and moan about it. Never see them on here making excuses. They just line up and go play hard.

GO LAKE

A buddy's son plays for South and said Saunders pretty much single-handedly kept them in the game last year against Massillon. Verballed to Penn State.... He definitely confirmed what everyone is saying. I was thinking of making the trip down, but both games I went to this year, we lost on last-second field goals. I don't want to make it a trifecta.

Yes but if last year's WS QB has graduated (I'm assuming he has since nobody is mentionin him) is this year's WS QB a game changer like last years?

I'd like to see Lake win because of the proximity and respect for their program. I'll say this, Lake, for a long while, has been the smallest school in the Fed and you never hear their fans #itch or p/ss and moan about it. Never see them on here making excuses. They just line up and go play hard.

GO LAKE
Great post JLP! I may be incorrect, but I also don't see their fans on here bashing Massillon's history and success. They seem to be a class act.

Anyone know if this game is being streamed or televised anywhere?
Glad you asked... I didnt think about if the game was going to be streamed.... Check out https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Football/Football-2021/2021-OHSAA-Football-on-Spectrum

1635258423385.png

Attachments

• 1635258377036.png
    1635258377036.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
Most likely, no one will see this that plays for Lake, if They do, Blue Streaks, its time to get focused, to play for each other, play fast, play fierce, and as always ROCK EM !!!

Here is my eye test watching this game tonight. Lake will be average, regardless of talent, until they get rid of their average coach. You are what your record is, and DeGeorge tenure has been average.
I have no doubt he’s a great guy, but definitely not a great football coach. At least not a great offensive football coach. There are a lot of guys on that staff that I like and respect. Unfortunately year after year, when things don’t go their way, we are told that our talent is mostly young underclassmen. At what point is he responsible for developing that young talent into a good football team. 2016? Nope. 2020? Nope. This year? No again. These kids deserve a change at the helm. He’s been given plenty of time to prove he’s not only a good guy but a good coach too. It’s either time for a change, or the Lake AD needs to come out publicly and let everyone, including the kids, know they are willing to trade mediocre results on the field for a good mentor for these young men. I believe there are coaches out there that can be both, but with another new AD at Lake, maybe that’s too big of an ask. Just a shame that another class of talented kids finished their HS years with achievable but unrealized goals.

Won’t Lake will bring almost everyone back next year? Should be better than 5-5 in 2022.

As for the coaching, I did notice that Lake came out really flat against Green in Week 10. Bulldogs just seemed more prepared and wanted it more. No idea if that was a recurring thing throughout the season for Lake.

Won’t Lake will bring almost everyone back next year? Should be better than 5-5 in 2022.

As for the coaching, I did notice that Lake came out really flat against Green in Week 10. Bulldogs just seemed more prepared and wanted it more. No idea if that was a recurring thing throughout the season for Lake.
Not just this season, but all of DeGeorge's tenure.

It’s been a reoccurring thing for years now. Don’t expect anything better than 6-4 next year.

It looks like all the Lake followers who commented here are in agreement.
I doubt that any Lake administrators or board of education members are following this thread on Yappi so our opinions will go unheard.

I currently live in KC but have followed Lake football for years. Things have obviously not been up to Lake standards since Durbin left. Just for conversation, who are some coaches that you foresee being a good fit at Lake?