12-0 Milton Union vs 11-1 Brookville

who will win

• Milton Union

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Brookville

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Here we go again....
You know, if you're going to post on here, why not post something of substance? These trolls hang out looking for a post to complain about or a poster to single out. Every school has "super fans" as you call them. Again, if you don't like it, don't read it. I'm tired of all of these posters coming on Yappi to start crap anonymously. Post about the game, the teams or a player... Using facts or here say.
If you reread what I said that started this whole thing I am not on here to "start crap anonymously". I was simply commenting on a previous post where an individual brought up valid points about strength of schedule and then was ridiculed for their post. If you don't think strength of schedule matters than your delusional. Having said that I will say that while a team's schedule matters it obviously isn't the determining factor. Milton is a very good team that has played for the most part a weak schedule. It isnt Milton's fault the TRC is weak this year or that one of perks to being ranked high in a bracket is you play subpar opponents in the first two rounds.
My take as requested-
-Milton has a great team this year. 18 seniors and a community that backs them can go a long way. Their line is big for Div 5. The lane kid will be a problem up front. Two very athletic receivers and a big tight end all three are dangerous targets for a defense. I personally think #38 is their best weapon. He follows his lead block on ISO's and traps very well. They like to take shots throwing the ball vertically to keep your DB's on their heels in hopes to soften a teams coverage and cause cushion. Their real bread and butter are the basics of the wing T block down/kick out. Defensively odd front w man coverage behind it. They will mix in some zone in passing situations.
-Brookville a relatively young team w only 5 seniors. They start 4 sophomores on both sides of the ball. Offensively its a multi T offense that can attack all gaps with their blocking schemes. Quick backs that hit the hole hard. They have had some success throwing the ball but want to keep it on the ground. Defensively its an odd front as well. For the most part man coverage but I could see them going a lot of zone this week. Similar Dline that can cause havoc for a run game. Held Northeastern to zero rushing yards.

Special Teams-MU The braumbaugh (spelling?) is a great athlete and a dangerous returner
Offense-split Which team is going to turn the ball over?
Defense-very close Ill give MU the size advantage but Bville defensive speed advantage
Depth- MU. Bville is young and paper thin in most positions
Strength of schedule- Bville- Milton had a great win over VV in week two but hasn't been tested since.

On paper Milton Union should win this game in a close one. Though I think either team has the ability to pull away by two scores.
35-24.

Oh and ROCCO "okay 😂 who’s your team" Thanks for asking, its Dixie.
Lighten up a little, your responses look like insecurities. No one is bashing your mighty dogs.

Does a wet track hurt Milton or Brookville more? One side aspect of a soft schedule, Milton is pretty healthy!!! A big deal this time of year.

I smack anyone who mocks the TRC strength. We routinley field 11 players each game.

I feel the difference will be that Milton has a senior class that only comes around every so often.(with small schools) Brookville has had some great teams now and in the past. However, I think Milton will wins 35-10. Best of luck to both teams and may you both come out of this injury free.

interesting. What's their all time record since Milton rejoined in 2000? I think Milton leads but I couldnt find the info.
I tried to sort through Joe Eitel's site and all the years. Since 2000, I have Brookville leading the series 9-5. It looks like the schools played every year from 2000-2009. Then played again from 2014-2017. Unless I missed it, these schools have not played (besides maybe a scrimmage), since 2017.

interesting. What's their all time record since Milton rejoined in 2000? I think Milton leads but I couldnt find the info.
that wouldn't be an "all-time" record, would it? Don't they teach that in Brookville schools? Again, I am not getting into a pissing match with you. If you can post with substance and not in an attacking manner, then please go ahead. Being new means that you are being monitored for spam and other issues that come on Yappi.
I am trying to help you. that's all. I have the utmost respect for Brookville and their program and Coach. That scrimmage you guys played against us was a very tough game. I felt that Brookville was the aggressor and MU was on their heels a bit. My gut tells me you are connected to the Brookville program and likely graduated from Dixie. MU's new principal is the former Head Coach at Dixie. He's a great guy and a Valley View graduate.

Last edited:
As both of teams wind up for one of the best local games in recent history, I give the edge to MU by 2 scores late. I’ll say

The amazing undefeated Milton Union Bulldogs. 35
The scrappy Devils of Brookville that are the wrong color
I would have really enjoyed it if MU took the trip down 571 this year to play Tipp even though I might not enjoy the results this year. Go Bulldogs!

As both of teams wind up for one of the best local games in recent history, I give the edge to MU by 2 scores late. I’ll say

The amazing undefeated Milton Union Bulldogs. 35
The scrappy Devils of Brookville that are the wrong color
I would have really enjoyed it if MU took the trip down 571 this year to play Tipp even though I might not enjoy the results this year. Go Bulldogs!
i respect that. for the first time in my life i will say goodluck tipp 🤣

I challenge the Dogs to be the best Milton team ever. Prove to the old codger teams of 69, 78 and 06 that you are better. Let Coach Dickison and Mitchell Evans know that you guys are heads and tails better than them.

I challenge the Dogs to be the best Milton team ever. Prove to the old codger teams of 69, 78 and 06 that you are better. Let Coach Dickison and Mitchell Evans know that you guys are heads and tails better than them.
Dickinson is a coach this year. Mitch was the best football player ever but this is the best team ever.
Pearce has the ability to use this to launch a program that he wants. After the'12 season he had to step down and that set the program back. Lane did a good job but this is Pearces program now. No longer is it Farrar's, Maggie's or any one else.
Pearce is the man now. Good luck, boys.

Milton will have to come out fast and hit the Devil's fast and hard. No way can they get a slow start like the scrimmage. Hetrick teams play fast and they hit hard.

60-70s team wouldn’t touch this team

If you reread what I said that started this whole thing I am not on here to "start crap anonymously". I was simply commenting on a previous post where an individual brought up valid points about strength of schedule and then was ridiculed for their post. If you don't think strength of schedule matters than your delusional. Having said that I will say that while a team's schedule matters it obviously isn't the determining factor. Milton is a very good team that has played for the most part a weak schedule. It isnt Milton's fault the TRC is weak this year or that one of perks to being ranked high in a bracket is you play subpar opponents in the first two rounds.
My take as requested-
-Milton has a great team this year. 18 seniors and a community that backs them can go a long way. Their line is big for Div 5. The lane kid will be a problem up front. Two very athletic receivers and a big tight end all three are dangerous targets for a defense. I personally think #38 is their best weapon. He follows his lead block on ISO's and traps very well. They like to take shots throwing the ball vertically to keep your DB's on their heels in hopes to soften a teams coverage and cause cushion. Their real bread and butter are the basics of the wing T block down/kick out. Defensively odd front w man coverage behind it. They will mix in some zone in passing situations.
-Brookville a relatively young team w only 5 seniors. They start 4 sophomores on both sides of the ball. Offensively its a multi T offense that can attack all gaps with their blocking schemes. Quick backs that hit the hole hard. They have had some success throwing the ball but want to keep it on the ground. Defensively its an odd front as well. For the most part man coverage but I could see them going a lot of zone this week. Similar Dline that can cause havoc for a run game. Held Northeastern to zero rushing yards.

Special Teams-MU The braumbaugh (spelling?) is a great athlete and a dangerous returner
Offense-split Which team is going to turn the ball over?
Defense-very close Ill give MU the size advantage but Bville defensive speed advantage
Depth- MU. Bville is young and paper thin in most positions
Strength of schedule- Bville- Milton had a great win over VV in week two but hasn't been tested since.

On paper Milton Union should win this game in a close one. Though I think either team has the ability to pull away by two scores.
35-24.

Oh and ROCCO "okay 😂 who’s your team" Thanks for asking, its Dixie.
Lighten up a little, your responses look like insecurities. No one is bashing your mighty dogs.
Yeah lighten up Rocco! 🤣

One of these kids ran into a Dave Cripe, Russ Sergeant, Or any linemen from back then, it would be over. These kids are faster but back then they were harder, meaner. It was a different time and you can't compare the two.
I don't know Milton union history that much. The topic of today vs 30-50 years ago is always a fun debate about teams today vs back in the 60's/70's/80's

People always feel their personal era was the toughest, meanest, hardest, etc. when compared to modern eras. It's fun to discuss but everyone tends to be a little biased towards their own teams or people they personally know.

One of these kids ran into a Dave Cripe, Russ Sergeant, Or any linemen from back then, it would be over. These kids are faster but back then they were harder, meaner. It was a different time and you can't compare the two.
that’s fine, but you’re telling me jake brown? jake brown couldn’t stop this man? he absolutely, this d line can stop d1 rbs. This team 12 or 06 era is the top 3 teams and i think it’s defined imho

I like tough and mean as much as any football fan, but speed kills and as a whole today's kids aren't just faster, but also bigger and stronger. I agree it's hard to compare eras because if the Cripe's and Sargeant's of the old school era trained like today's guys it might be a different story.

My comparisons are based on how they dominated their era. Sure the kids today are bigger and are products of advanced weight training and nutrition. Those old style players were meaner. On speed, Scott Strain was as fast as they came. I liked how Doc Ginn broke down the stats of some of Milton's great teams and compared them on last weeks pre-game video. Stats do give you insights on how teams did in the era. If Milton keeps winning they no doubt will be Milton's greatest team. Brookville's 76 team was State Runner-up. No doubt that is Brookville's greatest team. Back then, only four teams in each of the three divisions made the playoffs. That 76 Brookville team was not any better than Milton's 77 and 78 teams. It's just that Milton did not earn enough computer points for those limited spots.