12-0 Milton Union vs 11-1 Brookville

who will win

• Milton Union

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Brookville

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Saw Madeira last year against Taft and commented on the VV/Madeira thread.
Very weak schedule doesn't always tell the story. MU had a weak schedule but blow-outs were the name of the game. Madeira has talent and VV will have to play their game to win. Ditto for MU.
I like coach Antonides defense to be the difference in this one. Bulldogs should be a little too much and win by 14. 28-14 MU

Very weak schedule doesn't always tell the story. MU had a weak schedule but blow-outs were the name of the game. Madeira has talent and VV will have to play their game to win. Ditto for MU.
If you were to hold my feet to fire, I would say VV is more primed for an upset than MU. Curious to see if Clark plays this week, he could be the difference. Hope all is well with your Dawgs.

Brookville tends to fumble the ball quite often. I see Milton creating turnovers in this game and walk away with it in the second half.
we will see, brookville plays their best game against mu it seems like. it’ll be closer than most think. but i do hope you’re right!

we will see, brookville plays their best game against mu it seems like. it’ll be closer than most think. but i do hope you’re right!
Brookville and Milton go way back to the 50s. This rivalry was lost somewhat due to the downfall of the Devil's program in the late 70s and early 80s. They've been a great program for a very long time and I expect their very best vs MU.

Milton Union hasn't played a quality opponent in 10 weeks and that's a bit concerning for them. They're the better team, but battle tests go a long way at this point in the season. I could see Brookville pulling off the upset, but I'll go with the Bulldogs by a score.

Milton Union hasn't played a quality opponent in 10 weeks and that's a bit concerning for them. They're the better team, but battle tests go a long way at this point in the season. I could see Brookville pulling off the upset, but I'll go with the Bulldogs by a score.
returning regional finalist that lost 3 seniors isn’t a quality opponent?

Did wildcatsDad see Milton play this year? I respect your opinion. Just some background would be appreciated. Many state title teams have played "weak" schedules.
The opinion is that the SWBL teams are battle tested and therefore better? Valley View has a major injury right now and so does Coldwater. Milton is healthy and hungry for competition. That's just one guys opinion, though.

Did wildcatsDad see Milton play this year? I respect your opinion. Just some background would be appreciated. Many state title teams have played "weak" schedules.
The opinion is that the SWBL teams are battle tested and therefore better? Valley View has a major injury right now and so does Coldwater. Milton is healthy and hungry for competition. That's just one guys opinion, though.
Of last years 7 state champions only DIV Clinton Massie plays in a subpar conference and they played a non conference schedule which consisted of two DII schools and two DIII schools, one of whom was the defending state runner up. Eds, Winton Woods, Chardon, Versailles, Carey-opened the season with DVII runner-up, Marion Local play great competition.

Of last years 7 state champions only DIV Clinton Massie plays in a subpar conference and they played a non conference schedule which consisted of two DII schools and two DIII schools, one of whom was the defending state runner up. Eds, Winton Woods, Chardon, Versailles, Carey-opened the season with DVII runner-up, Marion Local play great competition.
2020 state champs kirkland prior to playoffs played 1 team with a winning record , chardon won d3 state that year played 2 teams with winning records

We don't know the strength of Valley View yet. They may be one of the stronger D5's in the state. I feel that they are. It's obvious that MU played in a terrible league this year, that typically would be a bit stronger with Covington at 100% and Miami East at 100%. The decision to move to a conference like the TRC was due to travel and the future movements of the SWBL. To-date, the competition hasn't hurt the Dogs. Shawnee was supposed to be the biggest test since Valley View. While the Arrows were a good team, they weren't as strong as Dohn Community to the eye. The boys made quick work of them and still the narrative is that they are going to struggle with tougher competition. I get it, but this is all conjecture that is not backed up with any eye-test, in most cases, and to me this is very prejudiced on MU's last 10 years of records. Basically, "I don't know that program from prior years, so they can't be any good".
It's all understandable and I might eat crow, but this team has already made it further than many gave them credit for at the beginning of the season. The work-ethic and the belief of these young men is amazing and it's something that I have not seen at MU, ever. I give credit to the parents and the coaches at MU. This is just my opinion

2020 state champs kirkland prior to playoffs played 1 team with a winning record , chardon won d3 state that year played 2 teams with winning records
2020- no one played a full schedule and using Kirtland is ridiculous as they are in the mix for a title each year.

We don't know the strength of Valley View yet. They may be one of the stronger D5's in the state. I feel that they are. It's obvious that MU played in a terrible league this year, that typically would be a bit stronger with Covington at 100% and Miami East at 100%. The decision to move to a conference like the TRC was due to travel and the future movements of the SWBL. To-date, the competition hasn't hurt the Dogs. Shawnee was supposed to be the biggest test since Valley View. While the Arrows were a good team, they weren't as strong as Dohn Community to the eye. The boys made quick work of them and still the narrative is that they are going to struggle with tougher competition. I get it, but this is all conjecture that is not backed up with any eye-test, in most cases, and to me this is very prejudiced on MU's last 10 years of records. Basically, "I don't know that program from prior years, so they can't be any good".
It's all understandable and I might eat crow, but this team has already made it further than many gave them credit for at the beginning of the season. The work-ethic and the belief of these young men is amazing and it's something that I have not seen at MU, ever. I give credit to the parents and the coaches at MU. This is just my opinion
I wasn't diminishing anything MU has or will accomplished I was simply pointing to your blanket statement regarding state champion's schedules. When a football program is a PROGRAM, then you see what a Massie does when they play in a somewhat inferior conference. They schedule some ballclubs to test their mettle. Though conference foe Western Brown is still alive in DIII.

I wasn't diminishing anything MU has or will accomplished I was simply pointing to your blanket statement regarding state champion's schedules. When a football program is a PROGRAM, then you see what a Massie does when they play in a somewhat inferior conference. They schedule some ballclubs to test their mettle. Though conference foe Western Brown is still alive in DIII.
You cant say anything on here without a Milton super fan thinking your attacking their team.

This should be a really good matchup in R20. Brookville should be the best team that MU has faced since it's Week 2 matchup with Valley View. There will be some familiarity between these two schools. Both are well coached. Both have excellent ground games and defenses. I think MU should be favored but won't be surprised at all if Brookville plays well enough to keep this close, perhaps pull it out late in the 4th quarter. I'll go with:

Milton Union 28
Brookville 21

In reference to the schedules, at this point in the season (Week 13/Regional Semi-Final), there aren't any teams here by mistake. In R20 in particular, the region has played out exactly as I expected. No one should be doubting MU in that regard any longer. They obviously are a dominant team and there performances prove it.

I really like this matchup. Both teams are well coached and always seem to get the most out of their kids. This will be an old school ground and pound style game where I think ultimately defense and turnovers will decide the game. To that end, I think MU is better defensively and I think they will win the turnover battle. I'm thinking somewhere in the 28-14 range with it being close at the half. I also won't be surprised if it's much closer than that, especially if Brookville plays a clean game.

You cant say anything on here without a Milton super fan thinking your attacking their team.
Here we go again....
You know, if you're going to post on here, why not post something of substance? These trolls hang out looking for a post to complain about or a poster to single out. Every school has "super fans" as you call them. Again, if you don't like it, don't read it. I'm tired of all of these posters coming on Yappi to start crap anonymously. Post about the game, the teams or a player... Using facts or here say.

Last edited:
Not an MU fan but definitely respect their program. I think the biggest thing people don't understand is the perspective of the MU fans. This isn't just one of their playoff caliber teams, many view this as one of their program's best teams. So if they feel a little slighted, I think that is a big factor. They also take a lot of flak for their conference being down at the moment. Either way, they do have a nice football team this season.

Even using that thought when it relates to this game. This is probably one of Brookville's better teams. I doubt anyone claims it's one of their "best" teams. That may in fact be the ultimate difference in this game. A good MU team against a good Brookville team will also be very even and competitive. This may end up being another opportunity for MU to show how truly dominant this 2022 team. A big win over Brookville would silence more doubters.

I think it'll depend on who wins. If region 18 is won by Liberty Center/Elmwood/Eastwood, then I could see them leaving it like that. If Coldwater were to win the region, then I could see them rebracketing
Makes more sense to play teams closer together. Madeira and Eastwood would be very far apart though.