100% capacity this season

I was just using August because it is the start of the football season . Don’t think full stadiums would happen in less than two weeks from
Now TBH.
The Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, and nearly every other minor league and college team in the state will be at 100% capacity on June 2, OHSAA track and baseball championships will be at 100% capacity, every track meet and baseball game in the state happening right now is full capacity with no restrictions, and even the university of Xichigan has said they will be at 100% capacity for football. Why is there even still a question as to whether or not we will have full capacity stadiums this fall?

If the question is, "Will fans sell out stadiums in the fall?" that's a different debate. Most HS programs across the state can't "sell out" more than 1 or 2 times a season in a normal year. However, judging by the reaction to full capacity events happening over the last 2 months in other states, I'd say we have a pretty dang good chance of seeing record #'s of people at high school games this year. People are sick of being restricted and realize that they took many things for granted in the past.

The Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, and nearly every other minor league and college team in the state will be at 100% capacity on June 2, OHSAA track and baseball championships will be at 100% capacity, every track meet and baseball game in the state happening right now is full capacity with no restrictions, and even the university of Xichigan has said they will be at 100% capacity for football. Why is there even still a question as to whether or not we will have full capacity stadiums this fall?

If the question is, "Will fans sell out stadiums in the fall?" that's a different debate. Most HS programs across the state can't "sell out" more than 1 or 2 times a season in a normal year. However, judging by the reaction to full capacity events happening over the last 2 months in other states, I'd say we have a pretty dang good chance of seeing record #'s of people at high school games this year. People are sick of being restricted and realize that they took many things for granted in the past.
Be interesting to see the attendance at the track state finals . baseball is not a good barometer. There is no way of knowing about football stadiums NOW, of course, but the thought was less than a month ago from many here and in general was HS stadiums may have some restrictions. So the latest developments in the last month or so has been really encouraging. I agree that it is a moot point in most communities in terms of selling out .. Attendance is really down over the last couple decades . In our community Coffman -Jerome is packed for obvious reasons . The Davidson game does really well but even that has ebbed over the last 6-7 years. It used to be jammed on both sides. As close to an actual sell out as you can get . Before my kids got up there I remember friends with older kids offering to have their kids grab me a ticket during the week to 'make sure " I coudl go . Late 2000's into early 2010's this was a real thing. I remember the 2007 UA game where the hom stands were packed but the visitors was fairly full put not packed. That road attendance that I thought was lacking then would be a HUGE road turnout now.

I really hope even if it is a blip one year thing that attendance is great. Yes the restrictions were over the top I thought last year because at that time the numbers were down late Summer early fall , but the number of deaths were higher than anyone thought there woudl be at the outset and people did what they thought was safe. While there should have been at least 35- 40 percent capacity allowed in last fall IMO, There was a real feeling that another big wave was coming { and it did happen} so they were loathe to 'Open up " more. This year is a much different point in the pandemic of course. There will still be cases and some risk for some people , but those numbers will be much smaller. I think the first month will see HUGE numbers in many areas and that will be good. But as the season goes on and the lack of urgency in terms of making the play-offs takes hold and many less die hard fan numbers will fade. Happens in a normal year as well . Students not being able to go for most of the year was really unfortunate . Even now , many student bodies really like the 'friday night " experience and football brings people out like no other sport. Every Friday night and [Saturday morning which I missed due to another committment { storm cancelled the Friday night game} felt more like an anticipated scrimmage atmosphere.