10,000th post

arizonawildcat

This is my 10,000th post on Yappi. As I near 75 years old, I thought I would never reach that milestone. But thanks to that wager I made with God five years ago that He would not take me until Massillon won a state title in any sport, boys or girls, I am still here. I have made most of my comments on the football thread, and lately the soccer thread, but I have also appeared on the hockey thread, the basketball thread, and dared to set my foot occasionally in the mudpit that is the debate thread. I reckon that over half of my posts have been directed at Massillon and its ardent supporters who appear on Yappi. I recently hit my all time high of likes, 26, with my post on the curse of Massillon thread. I hope that I haven't bored too many of you with posts about my maudlin battle with cancer, but I think I more than made up for it with with my humorous posts, especially the one where I was drunk and fell into a cactus patch and was literally stuck there for over six hours fighting off scores of (maybe imaginary) desert centipedes. In my years of a boring retirement, Yappi has been a bright spot for me. It has brought me much enjoyment, but I always have the fear that that Massillon will start raiding the Fed for their best girsl X-country runners just to do me in. So I wish to thank all of you, except for posters of a certain school who send me PMs threatening me.

Awesome Sam Didier GIF by Jerology
Awesome Sam Didier GIF by Jerology

This is my 10,000th post on Yappi. As I near 75 years old, I thought I would never reach that milestone. But thanks to that wager I made with God five years ago that He would not take me until Massillon won a state title in any sport, boys or girls, I am still here. I have made most of my comments on the football thread, and lately the soccer thread, but I have also appeared on the hockey thread, the basketball thread, and dared to set my foot occasionally in the mudpit that is the debate thread. I reckon that over half of my posts have been directed at Massillon and its ardent supporters who appear on Yappi. I recently hit my all time high of likes, 26, with my post on the curse of Massillon thread. I hope that I haven't bored too many of you with posts about my maudlin battle with cancer, but I think I more than made up for it with with my humorous posts, especially the one where I was drunk and fell into a cactus patch and was literally stuck there for over six hours fighting off scores of (maybe imaginary) desert centipedes. In my years of a boring retirement, Yappi has been a bright spot for me. It has brought me much enjoyment, but I always have the fear that that Massillon will start raiding the Fed for their best girsl X-country runners just to do me in. So I wish to thank all of you, except for posters of a certain school who send me PMs threatening me.
Did you ever get all the cactus thorns out of your butt?

I can almost assure you that your demise will not be caused by a sudden influx of talent into the Massillon girls X-country program. However, the football coach's wife's interest in that program has been increasing. There might be room for a few female long distance runners in their holiday photo...

The St. Ed's posters are threatening you, eh? ?

You are to be commended! Congrats! Irony: this post will be my 2000th post. May you have many more posts ahead of you. With that Biblical promise, you will live longer than Moses. Lol!

Congrats 'Zona Cat. Thanks for being a consistent voice in pointing out the hypocrisy of other posters. Your team has done it better and longer than most and so have you. (That's what she said right?)

This is my 400th post, so look out. I’m nipping at your heels. It’s not a fair comparison though, as you started on Yappi almost two years before me. ? Seriously, keep up the good work!

Congrats, old timer. This thread will be far more dignified than the "hoffy 5,000" thread that kept getting hof's posts deleted before he could reach 5k.

"mudpit"? Are we that bad over there, really ?

Congrats 'Zona Cat. Thanks for being a consistent voice in pointing out the hypocrisy of other posters. Your team has done it better and longer than most and so have you. (That's what she said right?)
well done, except that I now have a bit of coffee on my screen

Did you ever get all the cactus thorns out of your butt?
Here's how the needle removal went. I called my neighbor at 6:00 am after I had removed most of the needles from my hands. He worked on my backside for half an hour while I started picking them out of my chest. I then called my doctor and he said to come in immediately. My neighbor drove me. When the doctor saw me his reaction was what did I do roll around in the cactus patch. He started removing the needles and proclaimed that I even had some needles in my ear. He then said that he better things to do than spend the day picking needles out of me.. He sent in two of his young attractive assistants in. One kneeled by my right leg, the other on my left to remove the needles. I was removing them from my chest while looking down on the heads of two attractive girls. This reminded me of a fantasy I always had, but they stopped before they got to my crotch. All in all, it was estimated that they had taken about 1000 needles from me.

Here's how the needle removal went. I called my neighbor at 6:00 am after I had removed most of the needles from my hands. He worked on my backside for half an hour while I started picking them out of my chest. I then called my doctor and he said to come in immediately. My neighbor drove me. When the doctor saw me his reaction was what did I do roll around in the cactus patch. He started removing the needles and proclaimed that I even had some needles in my ear. He then said that he better things to do than spend the day picking needles out of me.. He sent in two of his young attractive assistants in. One kneeled by right leg, the other on my left to remove the needles. I was removing them from my chest while looking down on the heads of two attractive girls. This reminded me of a fantasy I always had, but they stopped before they got to my crotch. All in all, it was estimated that they had taken about 1000 needles from me.
Holy crap ?