Search results

1. coldshoulder

Anyone know where to access old UPI All Ohio Football teams?

Google News Archives are another pretty decent source.
  2. coldshoulder

Anyone know where to access old UPI All Ohio Football teams?

AP teams here, not sure if UPI teams are: https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/football/history
  3. coldshoulder

Phrases I absolutely can't stand

"...just saying..." 😄
  4. coldshoulder

NE8 2024

Nice try, but bad example. Girard established one of the first ever high school Robotics programs/curriculum in the Mahoning Valley around 25 years ago.
  5. coldshoulder

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

Piggybacking off the Youngstown City Series basketball thread which I "took over" about a year ago and kept rolling, I then started this thread and provided the first 10 to 15 years of Youngstown City Series All-City football teams...but then YTOWN graciously took over and "brought it home" with...
  6. coldshoulder

NE8 2024

It certainly appears Girard has the money, so I'm not sure why the turf replacement hasn't been done yet. Maybe this summer, or next ? I'll have to ask around because the following information sure seems to indicate it can be done. Per the Ohio Department of Education website with links to...
  7. coldshoulder

NE8 2024

One would think~at least hope~that the Girard administration would have been preparing for this eventuality. I do know they have been talking for over 5 years now about building an auditorium ("Performing Arts Center") but every time they seem to be getting closer it fades away. If I recall...
  8. coldshoulder

NE8 2024

That Girard project was spread over two constructions seasons--in 2008 the turf field and new track were installed; then in 2009 the old stadium was demolished and the new stands constructed. Including prep work, both phases took about 5 months each. Which also poses the question, shouldn't it...
  9. coldshoulder

Canfield Coach Cullen Retires (Again)

After 50 years in the basketball coaching ranks, Canfield head coach John Cullen is retiring for good. Former Warren Harding and Canton McKinley head coach Andy Vlajkovich, who was an assistant to Cullen this year at Canfield, seems like his likely successor. Link to Warren Tribune story...
  10. coldshoulder

Let's enjoy the Music!

This is a longer (11-minute) rock video, but this 11-year old is just incredibly masterful on the drums. Amazing!
  11. coldshoulder

Youngstown area boys scores/schedules/discussion

Regional match-ups this week: Division II / Region 5 Youngstown Ursuline (22-3) vs. Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph (18-7) at Canton Fieldhouse, Thursday, 6 p.m. Canfield (22-4) vs. Warrensville Heights (18-6) at Canton Fieldhouse, Thursday, 8 p.m. Regional Final: at Canton Fieldhouse...
  12. coldshoulder

Canfield's head coach John Cullen played his high school basketball at Canal Fulton Northwest.
  13. coldshoulder

Warren Western Reserve's Allen Wade must have been a helluva player...he somehow made the All-SVC second team defense as both an interior lineman and a linebacker !
  14. coldshoulder

Appears that this is their last poll of the season: Ursuline boys take Mahoning Matters Super 7 championship / FEBRUARY 27, 2024 1) URSULINE Youngstown Ursuline has captured the Mahoning Matters boys’ basketball poll title. The Irish (18-3) defeated East Liverpool (72-53) and Howland (62-53)...
  15. coldshoulder

Ursuline boys maintain top spot at Mahoning Matters Super 7 poll / FEBRUARY 21, 2024: 1) URSULINE The Youngstown Ursuline Irish are No. 1 again this week after recording a trio of impressive wins in the past week over Akron Hoban (55-52), Bristol (81-30) and East Liverpool (72-53) on Monday...
  16. coldshoulder

Ya, funny that the (eventual) most famous guy had his name misspelled; and a few other notables from that great Mooney team were: Myke Clarrett, father of future OSU star and NFL player Maurice Clarrett; underclassman Ed Muransky, future Michigan and NFL player; Bob Stoops, future great...
  17. coldshoulder

WM Phoenix Open

Cleveland media guy with his opinion on the Waste(d) Management Open: (Thread continues on for 7 more posts after this initial one, so keep reading if you're so inclined) https://x.com/brendangulick22/status/1756749151549665525?s=20
  18. coldshoulder

Ursuline, East Liverpool, Austintown Fitch tops Mahoning Matters boys Super 7 poll / FEBRUARY 10TH 1) URSULINE Youngstown Ursuline remains No. 1 in this week’s Mahoning Matters Super 7 boys’ basketball poll. The No. 1 Ursuline Irish are 13-3 and split their games last weekend, falling to...
  19. coldshoulder

The 1972 Steel Valley Conference All-Star team:
  20. coldshoulder

Gonna step in to give YTOWN a short break, as I found the 1971 and 1972 All-SVC teams back when I was looking for the Youngstown City Series teams a few months ago. So here's 1971, although I didn't copy the box listing which also showed the second teamers, just the picture here: