Search results

1. T

What's the board coming to? No mention of the OATCCC Proposal for 5 XC-6 Track Divisions

I would have figured this to be a major topic of conversation after it was released by our coaches association on Tuesday. Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17O_t9MQE0UDq4eAq4I8w1g2GD4vjFWIB6gCnMsj9W1M/edit Schedules...
  2. T

U.S. Olympic Marathon Team Trials

You should have looked at the women's list Off the top of my head, I saw ex-Cincy St. Ursula state champ Annie Heffernan, former Toledo Notre Dame runner Stephanie Sherman, ex Dublin Scioto athlete Sakiko Minagawa, and - have to rep the alma mater here - former UAHS runner Kaitlyn Peale all...
  3. T

2024 State Meet Three Days

OSU isn't the only 9 lane track. Our high school (a district/regional site) has 9 lanes, as does Findlay High School (also a regional site). I'm sure there are a couple of others. Not saying either could host a state meet, just that OSU doesn't have a monopoly on 9 lane tracks. No doubt, there...
  4. T

State Meet Improvements

Agreed. ‭The kids need the space. Also, I would add from a spectator's perspective, when you have people saving the few spots along the fence so a family can get a GLIMPSE of their athlete for a second or two (which we saw happening Sat.)... you have a course problem. Absolutely my biggest...
  5. T

Best Ohio XC Team EVER?

I would put Magnificat's 2009 team in the conversation for the girl's best also. 5 in the top 21 overall to score 28 points in winning the Division 1 title, then 5th at NXN that year.
  6. T

Timing Companies

Psycho_dad... We were there for the LCCC races immediately after yours. Our results were coming up (with the scores adjusting for each athlete) as our kids were crossing the line. My wife showed me our score on her phone within a minute of our #7 finishing Saturday. I have no idea why there...
  7. T

SOLVED - Request for help from Community

JAVMAN83, our freshman record at Steele is 9:30.7 by Jeff Wilhelm (District Meet, 1974)
  8. T

D2 Boardman

Feeding the officials.
  9. T

Friday Night Updates (8/18/23)

34-21 Amherst in the 4th
  10. T

Tom Byers - The Story

Sorry, no to Tim's whereabouts. I remember him mentioning running backwards. Coach Whetzel was the golf coach of all things when I was there - We had NO idea he had been the XC coach (and a successful one) until roughly our junior/senior year. He just wasn't the kind of guy to talk about himself.
  11. T

Tom Byers - The Story

No, mid-eighties (81-85). But Coach Whetzel shared an office with my coaches, and Tim Barnum still ran local races occasionally. So of course stories got passed on.
  12. T

Tom Byers - The Story

Brad, you wouldn't by chance have run for Marietta College? If so, there were some legendary stories being told to our group of athletes in the mid-eighties about your time with the Pioneers!:)
  13. T

Meet the NEW 2-Mile Queen - KATIE CLUTE - 10:09.97 @ New Balance

First, congrats Don to Rae, Katie, and the girls on an outstanding 4x16 and the most evenly paced 2 mile I think I have ever seen. Those splits are remarkable. Second, six of our boys school records are outside the OHSAA "season" - our 1600/mile (which Sonny Wilburn ran in the Ohio TFA Meet)...
  14. T

Former Stadiums and Fields

Glendale Field is still there, tucked into the side of the hill just below the old HS-JHS-now elementary school...
  15. T

Former Stadiums and Fields

I don't know that MHS ever played up on the hill. I went to college at Marietta, and the Tigers were in my league in high school. The Tigers played at Don Drumm even then (40+years ago). I did like a thousand workouts on what was (back then) that little, 330 yard gravel track. They would...
  16. T

Schools with most OHSAA Tournament Championships

I didn't see a Morgan County school on the list as well. Tried looking for some of the older schools, too Malta & McConnellsville, Chesterhill, York Two., Stockport/Windsor, Etc.
  17. T

Track and Field Divisions?

If they went with 'even' numbers of teams in each division... massive. For discussion purposes (and no, I didn't take the time to parse out every detail - who put 9 kids on the line, Etc.), an even distribution across 4 boys divisions roughly sees 1 (Mason 1300 - Harvey 342), 2 (Norwalk 341 -...
  18. T

Anyone know about regional representation break down to advance to state fall cross country?

Yes, but not always by a tremendous amount. This information is typically released next month (although it has on occasion been later), and will be posted here when it is: https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/cc Look for the OHSAA to release representation for the sports that start earliest...
  19. T

Ohio State Track Coach Karen Dennis Retires

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/rosalind-joseph-named-director-of-track-field-and-cross-country/
  20. T

Ohio State Track Coach Karen Dennis Retires

https://news.osu.edu/ohio-states-karen-dennis-announces-retirement/