Search results

1. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Non GCL category, MaCaio Teague (Walnut Hills) started on a national championship team. Darius Bazely (Princeton) skipped college altogether and has gotten a good run in the NBA. Vince Edwards played for Middletown 10 years ago. Top end talent just rarely stays at a public school anymore and the...
  2. J

SWOH D1 Thread

I will also note that the GMC only has 2 state championships ever since the league’s creation in 1968 (the GWOC also only has 2). It’s very hard to win a title in a division with over 200 teams, and that’s why I hate the way they are watering down the divisions. It takes a truly special team to...
  3. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Princeton should be awesome next year if everyone is healthy.
  4. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Public schools are subject to the ebbs and flows of talent, and don’t put Centerville in that category given all the transfers. I will say that Lakota East is the one program that’s done well when they’ve had talent. They have 4 district titles under Adkins playing the Fleming full court man and...
  5. J

SWOH D1 Thread

He needs to get stronger and better offensively, but he moves well and will be able to defend. Plus, he’ll get great coaching at Purdue. Zero chance he plays as a freshman though.
  6. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Nope. District final loss to Fairmont. Sectional final loss to Elder. District final loss to Hamilton. Ran the same offense, just with very different personnel. The offense allows freelance for baseline driving lanes and creates plenty of open 3s, but Sycamore just had zero ability to create...
  7. J

SWOH D1 Thread

The intention is to get him the ball at the high post/top of the key and run hand-offs and back cuts off of it. Hamilton did a very good job of forcing him out and then switching on the action.
  8. J

SWOH D1 Thread

I will say that I thought Sycamore was going to finish 3rd in the GMC this year…..and they were pretty much exactly the team I thought they were going to be. Princeton had injuries and Fairfield decided they just didn’t want to be any good. Sycamore, Middletown, and Hamilton were the 3 GMC teams...
  9. J

SWOH D1 Thread

They needed Burgess as an outlet at the high post because it’s nearly an automatic turnover otherwise. Can’t win a District title scoring only 32 points.
  10. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Sycamore’s guards are their weak link and they couldn’t be playing any worse than they are right now.
  11. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Centerville feels like they should be up by a lot more. Let’s see if Middletown can make it interesting.
  12. J

GWOC 2023-2024

Something tells me that Powell has been allowed to come shoot a jumper or two on Xavier’s court.
  13. J

GWOC 2023-2024

Centerville let the pace slacken in that 2nd quarter. If they stay uptempo, Middletown can't run with them. If the pace stays slow, Middies need to run their stuff and not panic when Centerville pressures and gradually chip away.
  14. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Centerville is doing a great job of speeding Middletown up early. How did they lose any GWOC games again?
  15. J

GWOC 2023-2024

Like I said, Wayne was going to need a better defensive effort, which they didn't get tonight at all.
  16. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Bigger college court will help with some passing lanes against those traps. Moeller also did not appear to be able to adjust to shooting with the arena backdrop. They need to make it one of the most GCL kind of games possible to win.
  17. J

SWOH D1 Thread

That path is getting them their boogeyman one round earlier though.
  18. J

SWOH D1 Thread

The districts requires 3 Cincinnati-Dayton matchups. Cincinnati was just the better area this year. I told you that Wayne wasn't any better than Lakota West. Also, there are simply no Centerville of the last 3 years or Moeller from 2017-2019 caliber teams in this region. There are several...
  19. J

SWOH D1 Thread

Southwest is also, at worst, the 2nd best region in Ohio in D1. It might be the best. None of the 4 Columbus teams remaining are any better than these GWOC teams. Northwest Ohio is terrible. Northeast Ohio has like 3 good teams (one of which will be coming through Northeast Ohio in Garfield...
  20. J

SWOH D1 Thread

The GWOC had 6 teams all on pretty similar levels, and then the rest of the Dayton area was several levels below that. I think we're seeing that the GWOC just wasn't that good this year. Nobody appeared to play any defense in that league. They are in for a struggle when they play teams that...