Search results

1. B

Hoban at Linton-Stockton (IN)

Hoban is a private (Brothers of Holy Cross) school with a co-Ed enrollment around 780. While traditionally solid in football, with some lean years sprinkled-in, Hoban has been a state football power in Ohio for the past seven years. The Knights won the OHSAA D3 title in 2015 and 2016 before...
  2. B

Region 5 Championship: Hoban v. Hudson

Right. As noted, while they typically don’t throw at a high frequency in the post season, they are often more aggressive with those throws, taking shots, etc. I didn’t articulate my point very well.
  3. B

Yes. They perhaps went deep (let it rip) more in certain playoff games or maybe were a more aggressive with their passing approach in certain playoff games, but in 20 post-season games Hamm exceeded 13 attempts five times, usually in close games. 2018: vs. Mayfield (15) 2019 vs Mayfield (25)...
  4. B

I'm guessing they are sticking with the run/pass ratio (about 13 passes/game) they've used all season because its working and because it has been their traditional approach in recent years. Hoban's pass/run ratio is aligned with that of its most recent championship-caliber seasons. In 2017 and...
  5. B

Hoban has only thrown the ball about 13 times per game, on average. QB is 118/176 (67%) for 1,647 yards and 13 TD through 13 games. As the previous poster eluded to, many attempts are on the run, by design or otherwise. They have really only had to play from a significant deficit/throw to win...
  6. B

Week 13 - Division 2 Region 5 Semifinal - Holy War 2.0 - Hoban (11-1) vs SVSM (8-3)

Triggered? Lol, not at all and nothing to get off my chest. Just stating my opinion like you and everyone else on a forum that is chock-full of, well, opinions. The young man who eventually became the Green QB was on the same team all season at Hoban as the transfer you mention in 2021. Another...
  7. B

Week 13 - Division 2 Region 5 Semifinal - Holy War 2.0 - Hoban (11-1) vs SVSM (8-3)

So not actually "first hand knowledge". But I understand. Fair enough. As far as the StVM/Hoban Football Rivalry goes...as an alumnus, I sure hope it continues
  8. B

This is your opinion and it sounds a little personal. Sour grapes? As someone who has had kids play for the guy, CYO kids who busted their tail and waited their turn for an opportunity by the way, I've known him to be fair, straightforward and consistent in playing the guys who have earned it...
  9. B

This is BS. Call him arrogant, classless, or whatever fits your narrative, but the guy does not or has never played favorites and does not treat “non-football” students “poorly”. Every student, even the kids who play zero sports, those who earn academic recognition, etc. are recruited….as every...
  10. B

2022 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Playoff Edition- week 4

Massillon vs. Lake St. Edward vs. Mentor Chardon vs. Canfield Holy Name vs. Padua (the Parma Holy War) Avon vs. Toledo Central Catholic Mogadore vs. Kirtland Game of the Week- pick winner and total points (tiebreaker): Hudson vs. Hoban (44)
  11. B

Big delay as signage in concourse gets knocked over and someone yelled “gunshots”…field and stands cleared. No threat whatsoever. Game about to resume
  12. B

I’d wager that an Irish win tomorrow would restore a lot of the banter and vitriol on this board (if and when the teams play again) that used to accompany this match-up. It’s trailed off considerably since about 2017. Hoping for a fun one tomorrow!
  13. B

Another crazy stat from that first game: Penalties… Hoban - 19 for 180 yds StVM 6 for 55 Not saying the fouls weren’t warranted or legit, but it’s an indicator that Hoban was sloppy with infractions while the Irish couldn’t take care of the football. Hoping both squads will clean those miscues...
  14. B

2022 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Playoff Edition- week 3

Hudson vs. Riverside Buchtel vs. West Branch Mogadore vs, Cuyahoga Heights Norton vs. Parma Padua Medina vs. Mentor Highland vs. Toledo Central Catholic Game of the Week SVSM vs. Hoban (44)
  15. B

St.V-St.M 2022

Great win Irish. Twinsburg maybe? Hoping for a spirited, fun, respectful lead-in to the game and another good one on the field.
  16. B

Week12: #4 Austintown Fitch (10-1) vs #5 Akron St.V/St. Mary (7-3)

You forget the previous two meetings where Hoban elected to take knees late rather than “show theirs was bigger” when up late in the game vs the Irish. Was that not class? I wonder what changed prior to this year’s game….. Regardless, good luck to the Fighting Irish. Pulling for them, for sure.
  17. B

ARCHBISHOP HOBAN VS BARBERTON

Wow, lol. Are Hoban "Cheaters" or "Criminals"? Or both? Nothing but respect for the Barberton program. Sorry its not mutual in this case, but I understand.
  18. B

ARCHBISHOP HOBAN VS BARBERTON

This will be the 20th meeting in football between Barberton and Hoban and the second time the squads have met in the playoffs. The Magics hold a 10-9 advantage historically. The two programs squared-off regularly from 1958 though 1976, a portion of which time they both competed in the rugged...
  19. B

2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Actually, Hoban was 4-6, 1-9, 2-8 in the three years prior to Coach Tyrrell's tenure, but that's just splitting hairs, I guess. Prior to that lapse, the program did a little more than "squat", however, making the playoffs 10 of the prior 12 seasons and twice reaching the State Semi-Final...
  20. B

2022 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em- Playoff Edition- week 2

Hoban vs. Barberton Riverside vs. Nordonia SVSM vs. Fitch Tallmadge vs. Ursuline Buchtel vs. Northwest Mogadore vs. Canton Central Catholic Game of the Week Hudson vs. Walsh (69)