Search results

1. S

St X at Moeller

I’m still of the opinion DiGiacomo gets another year. As has been referenced, last year’s search already suggested they hired their backup and possibly the backup to their backup. Unless they have a good idea that they can get someone they really want, firing the new coach is only going to make...
  2. S

St X at Moeller

Do you think the Bombers and the other three GCL South football teams, to use your terminology, consider their “little 3 game round robin” to be “not that big a deal”? Or do they circle those games on their calendars and trumpet their victories (as they should)?
  3. S

St X at Moeller

I looked at the 2019 schedule and specifically where a Fairfield pitcher supposedly “dominated” the St X squad. St X actually won that game 6-5. I also looked at the rest of the schedule and roster that year. St X didn’t have a D1 senior in the 2019 class. Talented juniors but no seniors. That...
  4. S

St X at Moeller

Not sure about BrownsTribe, but here are the facts: The Bombers won three of the last five GCL South titles heading into this year, two outright and one shared, all while playing in a league with Elder and Moeller. That’s even with their most talented team in 2020 never having had the...
  5. S

Tourney Drawing

That’s correct, though they would have the choice on the byes. Aside from ducking a specific opponent, they tend to take those byes. I would expect the first five to take them. After that it depends on if you want to be in a bracket with the other high seed. If it’s a choice between taking the...
  6. S

Tourney Drawing

Who gets the 7 byes in 5 D1 sectionals? I’ve got: 1. Moeller 2. Mason 3. Elder 4. Fairfield After that I think it’s pretty wide open. I wouldn’t want to play LaSalle or Princeton, but I don’t think their records will be enough to put them ahead of Kings, Lebanon, West Clermont, Ross, and...
  7. S

SW District D1 Cincinnati

Hard to believe, but coaches start entering tourney resume's this weekend for voting. Who gets the seven byes in 5 brackets in Cincinnati D1 brackets? Who that doesn't get a bye do you not want to face? My top 7: 1. Moeller 16-3 - only one local loss (Elder) while winning that series 2-1. 2...
  8. S

Moeller Undefeated in GCL This Year

The way each of those teams is playing, it seems far more likely that Elder could take care of business than their ability to count on Moeller losing next week. Not sure what’s going on with St Xavier, but they’ve really been struggling. Elder can only control what they can control though. Even...
  9. S

I didn’t attend Elder and I don’t nor have I ever had any affiliation with Elder. I just respect how Coach Thompson and his coaches and players do things. That’s it. Sorry if that offends you.
  10. S

Are you particularly sensitive about that? Because I can assure you that comment had nothing whatsoever to do with either Moeller or recruiting. Elder for years plays hard, plays fundamental baseball, and while they clearly care about winning, they go about things the right way, working to beat...
  11. S

St. Xavier...Any news?

By the time they hire a basketball coach, they might have to move on to finding a baseball coach. They haven’t even been competitive with good teams lately and have struggled with smaller schools and lesser opponents as well. Yesterday it was a 4-1 loss to a 3-8 La Salle team. If the job Noszka...
  12. S

Congratulations to Coach Thompson and the Panthers! Big win for a program that’s been doing things the right way for a long time! And to the Lancers of La Salle, who defeated St Xavier 4-1.
  13. S

A Mark Thompson coached team always has a shot. Moeller is clearly better than Elder on paper, but Elder just brings a fundamental toughness many other teams lack. St. Xavier has more talent than Elder and possibly as much as anybody in the area not named Moeller. The problem is the Bombers...
  14. S

Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Did the AD make that call or was it made above him? If parents think they can get what they want by going over a coach’s head or an AD’s head that’s exactly what they’re gonna do, regardless of the coach or AD.
  15. S

Division favorites by Region in D-1

You tend to name your “top players” or “top returning players”. Pretty crazy that Moeller could have a dozen D1 guys who don’t meet that criteria.
  16. S

SW Ohio dark horse teams

I’ve heard from multiple people that DiGiacomo had much more of a say in lineups and the day to day in Coach Slinger’s later days than assistants normally have. So it seems telling that the previous administration went l out of their way to hire someone outside the program to run it instead of...
  17. S

SW Ohio dark horse teams

Agreed. Princeton has done a nice job of building. It’s tough being a much smaller school than pretty much all of the others in the conference. They had a couple nice tourney wins last year. I don’t know that they’ll be able to compete day in and day out with Mason and Fairfield, but they’re a...
  18. S

SW Ohio dark horse teams

The topic was teams coming out of nowhere. St X has won 3 of the last five league titles with two outright, even with their best year on paper wiped out by COVID-19. That would seem to disqualify them from such a conversation.
  19. S

SW Ohio dark horse teams

It’s a shame the senior year of those four was wiped out by COVID-19. Who knows what they could have accomplished, especially after they had split a GCL South title the year before without many contributing seniors. As for the coaching resignation and new hire, I guess we’ll see, but the...
  20. S

Open HS Jobs

I agree it’s a disservice to the kids if they haven’t been having fall workouts. But who would be leading those workouts? The former coach resigned almost two months ago. The current coach wasn’t on the previous staff, didn’t have the job until two days ago, and has been busy coaching a fall...