Search results

1. 3

Coach Resigns

Coach Gordon possibly
  2. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

My point is that when I left coaching and became an official sectionals were much different in that getting out was a chore. Up until about 2005 it wasn't a shock if returning state qualifiers didn't make it to districts. In this present age I've seen sectional champs that don't have a ghost of...
  3. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Really? LOL!! If that were the case the only fans at sectionals would be parents because there won't be a competition to enjoy. But maybe they could double the ticket prices. There you have it.
  4. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

LOL!! There is no issue of being offended, at least for me. But I have to admit that your insistence that this is a done deal and that it's about to be implemented by Columbus is annoying. Especially when I inquire what sources have verified/confirmed this expansion and I get nothing. You really...
  5. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Quit making statements that have no verification. #1 What confirmation have you received that there's a possibility that it could even get voted on in the near future, much less pass? #2 I have received confirmation that there it is not even under consideration for the near future #3...
  6. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Watered down competition.
  7. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

The influx isn't happening. thus no 4th division.
  8. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

LOL!! You're a real comodian. Would you like to put a wager where that laugh is?
  9. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Just checked with my Columbus connection. The numbers don't reflect a need for a fourth division; not happening.
  10. 3

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Ain't happening! There have been poor decisions. This would be just silly.
  11. 3

High school State title talk!

As a retired official/coach that began in the 70's this would be a terrible decision. There was a time when D-3 was pretty much disrespected (like an illegitimate brother). Thank goodness the pendulum swung to give them their deserved respect. With the sad state of sectionals today I couldn't...
  12. 3

Lets change OT in high school.

Didn't want to specify the OT mistake made recently in Columbus.
  13. 3

Lets change OT in high school.

IF it's officiated correctly, it's fine the way it is. Just my opinion.
  14. 3

Possible High Schools for 8th Grade OAC JH State Placers - 2024

I know this is a St. Eds coach of some capacity from my years of officiating.
  15. 3

District Results from State Tournament

Pretty much as I would have expected. Whereas last year Hoover and Perrysburg were pretty much even in fire power this year the difference was more noticeable, but still marginable. Hoover held the advantage with middle of the road placers, while Perrysburg had the advantage with the cream of...
  16. 3

D 1 106 Final

I know I've seen escapes with 2 seconds on the clock, can't remember seeing a reversal. LOL!! Not all take downs involve a scramble. I've seen cat like ankle picks that are like the wink of an eye.
  17. 3

State Champions Celebrations

Credit to Jim for being tactful. On the other hand, I just call this statement BS. The last thing that 95% of the NE Ohio officials I've worked with would say is, if I don't have to be involved in something all the better. It's kind of like when you're the head official of a so-called...
  18. 3

Questioning calls and Coaching Misconduct

I call BS on this post. IF this was ever said by an official in NE Ohio it would consist of less than 1%. IF you ever heard an official say this, you'd be negligent for not taking it to a higher up. That statement would not be tolerated.
  19. 3

Questioning calls and Coaching Misconduct

I have known enough officials to know beyond a doubt that the mass majority of officials I've worked with would not fall in the category above. However, officials do have memories and are not perfect, so depending on the past scenario, their radar will go up when a certain coach appears mat...
  20. 3

State Champions Celebrations

Wow!! Never equated that statement to showing no emotion. Have no idea where that correlation came from. To most people I would think it means to act classy; nothing more nothing less.