Search results

1. Finishtiming

State Meet Improvements

That site is no longer there as it was turned into parking lots for tennis.
  2. Finishtiming

OHSAA XC State Meet Results Thread

All the links should have been the same. Not sure if it matters if you go thru milesplit, Ohsaa or live.finishtiming.com but we used the Finishtiming as we were watching it all day. yes we only had 3 misses all day at the first split of boys d1. (But we also had 2 chips on every athlete.)
  3. Finishtiming

OHSAA XC State Meet Results Thread

The multiple second break is due to confirming each and every runner in the race. We used to let the chips place the runners originally then swap places when needed but there were too many coaches complaining and filing protests due to what was seen and then to what was corrected. For those of...
  4. Finishtiming

Timing Companies

We used the live results for all of track season last year and for track it was no different than what we had before (that is what I was saying about being different from track to cc). As far as entries, I had less late entries with milesplit than I ever had with baums and that is fact from past...
  5. Finishtiming

Timing Companies

While I have used both systems (baums, milesplit, etc.) I actually prefer milesplit from a timing perspective and what I can do with entries and such. I have used it as a coach (when they are late getting entries in) and I find it much easier to enter than others. Plus the ability to bring in...
  6. Finishtiming

Timing Companies

There will be live team scoring for state meet as we use it a little differently due to splits. The only downfall is that it is a separate page. I have been asking for it to all be on one page all year but they seem to not be making that a priority. On the cell service, yes cell service is...
  7. Finishtiming

Timing Companies

Milesplit did not acquire us. We use their results platform due to the high cost of our old one. We are using the same timing and scoring we always have, the only change is the live results. We have been trying a new version most every week as we send them bugs and fixes for thier system.
  8. Finishtiming

Chip timing coaching instructions

The read rate was good it was a problem with the splits. The system we had to use was to capture all the splits and finish into one computer since the time schedule was 25 minutes race to race. When a person misses a split point read then when they get to the finish it says they didnt finish...
  9. Finishtiming

We could go back to popsicle sticks but most coaches and athletes would not know what to do with them or even know how to count their score up. Amazing how many coaches look at you funny when you mention this, they have no idea what it is or how we used to do xc meets.
  10. Finishtiming

Coaches Couple things for all of you to do in future meets 1) Could you please tell all your kids to quit stopping their watch while crossing the finishline. Not only do they cover their chip which will make it not read they are also covering their bib which is what we have to read if the chip...
  11. Finishtiming

Tiffin Carnival

Not sure of many other than what we time and have heard from other timers. Year - Meet - # of entries 2023 - Tiffin - 3900 2022 - Tiffin - 3500 2019 - Tiffin - 6800 2018 - Tiffin - 7100 2023 - Mason - 3000 (2 days) 2022 - Mason - 3100 2019 - Mason - 3400 2023 - Seneca - 1800?? 2019 - Watkins -...
  12. Finishtiming

Tiffin Carnival

The reason some d3 schools jumped up to D1 was the schedule change more than anything as D1 this year ran first races of the morning. Minster was not the only one to move up, there were 11 others that did so. Top 2 teams were both d3. There were 3900 entries for Tiffin this year compared to...
  13. Finishtiming

Southwest Ohio District Records have been updated

So not all of Southwest Ohio. Post is a little misleading. Southwest Ohio Districts are more than cincinnati. :)
  14. Finishtiming

GPS Watch?

One way to enforce it would be to just have all the kids give their strava/garmin link and when a race shows up that has a map then they used their gps (haha). I would bet there are already strava/garmin maps of courses for the runners that started their watch without turning the gps off. They...
  15. Finishtiming

2023 XC Season

It was a brand new live results platform from milesplit for XC (We are working on it to make it better and more like what we had before). Most issues with live results were internet issues. Of the 15-20 coaches telling us we missed a kid if we told them to refresh their browser it would show...
  16. Finishtiming

State predictions

Why, did it bother you that had your 4x400 team gotten 7th-9th or not finish that an INDIVIDUAL would have beaten your team..haha
  17. Finishtiming

Question for FinishTiming - 2010 Wayne Invitational - Erin Busbee (Collinwood) - Long Jump - Wind?

One of my projects this summer/fall is to add your records to my lists so that we can use them in meets and also update milesplit with them. I have a dummy meet setup on milesplit that I have this records list and then I create the files for people to download for their meets in hytek and use.
  18. Finishtiming

Question for FinishTiming - 2010 Wayne Invitational - Erin Busbee (Collinwood) - Long Jump - Wind?

Here is my list that I keep for records to be able to import them into other meets and also get the regionals ready with records. I have not updated the regional records as of yet but the OHSAA and state meet, owens stadium are all up to date as of state meet...
  19. Finishtiming

The records listed by ohsaa are records that were given to me by ohsaa/baumspage.
  20. Finishtiming

Regional thread

There is not a way for us to add a note like weather delay (yet) to milesplit live results. Plus we were pretty busy trying to cover stuff and tie boards down with storm coming in as fast as it did. If you follow live results then all you have to do is look at the top as it will say the timing...