Search results

1. P

What Movies Did You Watch in April 2024?

The Big Parade (1925) (silent) - I've been away from this board for a while and had seen a number of films I have not posted about, however, I just need to post on this film. This was one of the best films I have ever seen. It won the equivalent of a Best Picture Oscar (before the Academy Awards...
  2. P

Golden Gate Protesters Are Guilty of Kidnapping

I had been away from the board for a while and then recently came back. Up until this point I have given you much more credit for being a thinking man then I should have. So, you equate a bunch of idiots legally holding a flotilla that caused the unintended consequence of swamping several of...
  3. P

Not likely. Maybe you need to be stuck on a bridge for four hours, against your will, to give you a different perspective. These people are guilty of serious felonies. Given their allies in the Democratically led state and federal government, nothing will happen.
  4. P

Every one of those "protesters" confining motorists on the Golden Gate Bridge are guilty of kidnapping and perhaps assault and/or battery. What are the chances they will be prosecuted?
  5. P

Biden says DON'T..... and IRAN does.... NOW WHAT?

What is the record on Biden's "don'ts". It seems to me that every one of his "don'ts" became "do's", every single one. One of Biden's greatest "don'ts" has been his opposition to funding of the technology now used to protect the US and our allies, anti-ballistic missile defense. Thank God...
  6. P

Are you a true West Sider??

It looks like the senior living apartments planned for Foley and Pedretti are being started as there are temporary fences set up there. Actually, I thought they would need Cubby's property as well, but, apparently not...
  7. P

There was a great deal of damage west of South Road as well as east from South to Ebenezer. Sayler Park and the fire station on Neeb hit too. Nothing can compare to what this storm cell did to Xenia though. That town was completely flattened.
  8. P

I spent some of my spring break helping to secure and clean up properties along South Road. It was my first mission as a Red Cross volunteer. We used Vis as a staging area. I can remember specifically working the late Dr. Rudemiller's new home. It was quite a mess. I ate a lot of cold Big Boy...
  9. P

I knew his daughter Candy a little. It is Mayer, not Meyer as I had wrongly remembered.
  10. P

The joy of Easter will be a little less joyful in Mojoland this Easter. It will be the first time in 40 years (except for COVID year 2020) that we will not have Faultless Jimmy Rolls for Easter brunch. "What?" you say. "Faultless closed around twenty years ago". That is true but for over a...
  11. P

What Movies Did You Watch in March 2024?

Boys in the Boat - Decent sports (underdog overcomes) film. True story which sticks closely to the facts. 5/6
  12. P

Interesting. It looks like John worked at Dunham Hospital, known at that time as the Cincinnati Tuberculosis Sanatorium.
  13. P

Great picture. My mother-in-law and her family frequented the Western Plaza Theater. For a while I thought she was talking about the Western Woods Theater at the old mall, which I would go to from time to time in the 70's (where the glass and candle store is next to HomeDepot). There were many...
  14. P

Moeller president

Someone should have told him:
  15. P

What Movies Did You Watch in March 2024?

Sparrows (1926) (silent) - Great film. The swamp scenes are very realistic. A bit melodramatic at times but that is forgivable. Mary Pickford was one hell of an actress. 6/8
  16. P

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

So, the plan for that billboard was not to attract "acceptable" grade school kids from that neighborhood, at the very doorstep of St. William. Oh. If that wasn't the reason I just cant understand what the purpose might be. Maybe you could explain it. Your response doesn't make sense and...
  17. P

BS: Within 300 yards of St. William? "Here to Stay"? What's the implication? Some won't be "here to stay"? Like the church within view of the billboard? This is the third year for this billboard. It encourages "white flight" from St. William, despite the diverse group in the picture. The effort...
  18. P

I am glad the church in Europe doesn't see the Church as simply a commodity. If they did, Notre Dame would have been torn down years ago and certainly would not be restored now after the fire. Yes, the churches in Europe are mostly empty on Sundays (sad but true) but the art, architecture and...
  19. P

What Movies Did You Watch in February 2024?

Zone of Interest (German with English Subtitles) - Wow! in some ways better than Schindeler's List (1993). How do you make a movie about the Holocaust without showing any Jewish victims? Well he does it and experiencing the horror by the sounds of murder while a nice middleclass family goes on...
  20. P

What Movies Did You Watch in February 2024?

Anatomy of a Fall - So I was wrong when I said I had finished watching Best Picture Nominees. I just watched this one and my yet watch one more tomorrow. I knew this was a French film so I was surprised at how much English was used. This is a well crafted courtroom drama. The difference between...