Search results

1. falcons53

Matchups from years ago that you would want to see again

1972 Taft vs Bakersfield. IYKYK
  2. falcons53

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

The 21-20 OT loss to WWR was even more frustrating for Fitch that year because the Falcons controlled the game, but miscues kept the Raiders in the game. It had rained all day and throughout the game, causing a muddy field for everyone. Late 4th quarter tied at 14-14, the Falcons returned a punt...
  3. falcons53

LOL, easy now. YTOWN knows my frustrations with that game. Yes, the video of the game shows the YSU scoreboard as it was that end of the field. As the ball landed incomplete in the field of play, and not out of bounds, the clock should have stopped when it was signaled incomplete. There...
  4. falcons53

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 2 - Luke Stanich - LEH 133 - 6 - Vito Arujau - COR 141 - 3 - Real Woods - IOWA 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 8 - Peyton Robb - NEB 165 - 4 - David Carr - ISU 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 5 - Lenny Pinto - NEB 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 10 - Lucas Davison - MICH
  5. falcons53

A lot of those wins were over really good teams too. Every SVC game that year was a battle. Mooney's 14-0 win over Ursuline was the largest spread of any SVC games that year I believe.
  6. falcons53

The SVC was really good that year. Fitch lost all those close games. Just couldn't get in the endzone. One TD per game more and the Falcons win the SVC and are in the playoffs. Different style of football then.
  7. falcons53

This is like Heinz Ketchup...
  8. falcons53

2024 B10 Pick'Em

LOL, no problem. Just off the medal stand again...
  9. falcons53

Tony Dorsett

My parents went to Hopewell. My dad always talked about Tony having a brother who was better growing up, but couldn't stay out of trouble and couldn't get his grades up enough to get into college.
  10. falcons53

2024 B10 Pick'Em

Were my picks so bad I didn't even get listed???
  11. falcons53

It's hard to argue that. No team in Fitch history had done what the 86 team accomplished and no team since has advanced further in the playoffs unfortunately. They played a few of the most memorable games in Fitch history. The 85 win at Massillon was great because it was the first time we...
  12. falcons53

2024 B10 Pick'Em

125 6. Braeden Davis (PSU) 133 3. Nic Bouzakis (OSU) 141 4. Brock Hardy (NEB) 149 2. Austin Gomez (MICH) 157 5. Peyton Robb (NEB) 165 7. Stoney Buell (PUR) 174 9. Andrew Sparks (MINN) 184 10. Roman Rogotzke (IND) 197 1. Aaron Brooks (PSU) 285 8. Bennett Tabor (MINN)
  13. falcons53

86 was a fun season for Fitch fans. There have been more talented teams in Austintown throughout the years, but that team played really well together.
  14. falcons53

Pitt Panthers have fans???
  15. falcons53

It's funny because I see names on the All City and All SVC teams that I remember playing in college. Then I look t a guy who was an OL in HS and he is listed at 6'2" 210, LOL. That's a small LB now. Some of the guys on YTOWN's list that went on to the NFL were under 6' and under 200lbs in HS...
  16. falcons53

Naming top comparing eras, division size, changed size of the Valley in general makes it very tough. There are smaller school state champs that were really good, but would they match up with AAA/D1 teams that fell short? JFK or SR had some great teams, Ursuline/Mooney at their smallest had...
  17. falcons53

Where is @YTOWN ? I am getting anxious waiting for 1984... It's like watching The Godfather, I already know how it turns out but I still watch it.
  18. falcons53

Agreed, the 83 team was really good. I remember being at the Ursuline game in the snow. My dad coached a bunch of those guys when they were younger. I was 11 and heart broken. We just kept turning the ball over. Besides the ones you mentioned, I think we fumbled a couple more times.