Search results

1. S

BIGFOOT sightings in South Georgia.

A friend of mine and I will be trekking to SOWEGA Saturday morning, to attend the first ever BIGFOOT meeting at the Colquitt County Regional Library. It's my understanding, that several members of the New Jersey BFRO will conduct the meeting. HOPEFULLY, the 100% chance for rain won't keep folks...
  2. S

Since there is no apparent college baseball section. I have several questions.

How does RPI work in DI baseball? And why doesn't DII have the same instrument, for determining strength of schedule for power ratings? And WHY doesn't DII have the same playoff format, as the one in DI? And FINALLY, is it weird when I feel sort of encouraged, when my 5-5 college baseball...
  3. S

WHICH state has the biggest case of delusions of grandeur,TEJAS or OHIO?

BOTH TALK, TALK, TALK a big game but REALLY! Ohio's association has this BS mileage limitation. "We can't travel more than 300 miles from a particular school. Much less go 300 miles past our state line." Thus, their ONLY having opponents from Ind., ole KENTUCK, and PA. UNLESS, of course, they...
  4. S

WHY did Nicky Satan leave for the greener pastures of Mara Lago adjacent?...

MANY say that it was a FAMILY decision. MANY OTHERS say that it was time, according to the little woman. But HERE is MY take, among others in the know. Satan determined that THIS was his best coaching job EVER. Having won a half dozen losable games. WELL, he had done THAT in at least TWO seasons...
  5. S

If Ohio State couldn't win the Natty, WHO would you choose?...

MEECHIGAN Washington Oregon Alabama UGA Old Mississippi FSU Texas Penn State MIZZZO Oklahoma Because THOSE would have been your choices, had the committee not voted for a FOUR team playoff.
  6. S

I'm SOOO, SOOO glad that Alabumble lost to MEEECHIGAN, on so many levels!!!!

I won't hafta hear that, WE ARE BAMA, and it JUST MEANS MORE, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! And I won't hafta hear that crap about Nicky Satan being the GOAT. WHAT is the acronym for LUCKIEST of all time? THAT'S lil Nicky. He's pulled a HALF DOZEN or more games out of his butt, to win natty's or regular...
  7. S

History to be made tommorrow night in Mercedes Benz Stadium.

For the first time ever, the Georgia High School Association will implement instant replay, for all eight State Championship games, being held Monday through Wednesday. If any are interested in seeing how feasible this will be. All games will be presented on Georgia Public TV, and NFHS.NET. This...
  8. S

Logical choice for head coach!...

Who would be the logical choice for head coach at these institutions? Texas A&M, Florida, Miss State, and Michigan State?
  9. S

The 2023 Valdosta Wildcats win the 7A State Championship.

JIST KIDDIN. In round two of the five round GHSA 7A playoffs. The Valdosta Wildcats (the Region 1-7A two seed) journeyed 250 miles to Gresham Stadium in Carrollton, to play the number four state ranked Carrollton Trojans, and their five star QB1, Ju Ju Lewis. The CATS held tough going into the...
  10. S

Is there pay to participate in Ohio?...

I figured that the privates probably had a fee to dress out. But I wasn't certain about the publics in your state. I know that many if not all schools in North Georgia, require hundreds of dollars to even be on the team, not to play. But as far as I know, in South Georgia below the gnat line...
  11. S

The most unusual high school stadium construction you have ever seen?...

My two are the intimate lil stadium in Glascock County, Georgia, where there is no traffic light in the entire county. They routinely dressed out approx. 15 players. I talked to a ref once about officiating their game. And he said that his crew normally counts 1-11 for each team, prior to the...
  12. S

Good news for you Ohio folk who prefer not to be neighborly with lil ole ME.

In eight different polls, my top fifteen nationally ranked Colquitt Co. Packers, will have a very good chance at being eliminated in round ONE, of the GHSA playoffs tonight. (because our D can't seem to stop my grandma this season. As evidence our giving up 28 to the Valdosta Mildcats, in our...
  13. S

Would you think that a top tier Ohio State WR prospect flip to Miami?...

I've been asking myself that question for three months plus about UGA. THAT'S precisely what a homegrown four-star WR commit to UGA, did less than four months ago. And he was one of their top three targets in the 2024 signing period. And THEN, I discovered WHY. And being from a rather Spartan...
  14. S

Afterthoughts of Valdosta vs Colquitt in regular season, game nine.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all those Ohio prep football fans, for my doubting that their state does truly house the greatest football by far, in this country. Your Massillon team is one in 14,000. And they proved that once and for all, against the winningest team in...
  15. S

Valdosta's quality as an opponent of the best team in Ohio in 2023.

Sorry to be a nuisance, regarding the previous comments regarding the best state in the country for high school football. But I felt behoove to make a brief comment regarding the state of the aggrandizing poll of the best state in the country for high school football. Not surprising that your...
  16. S

In a strange quirk of fate in the GHSA playoffs. Valdosta...

may be sent home in the first round. Since they are currently unranked, and have the possibility to play one of three top ten ranked 7A teams in the first round. The LAST time a North Georgia metro team went to Valdosta's Death Valley, a 1-4 McEachern team whacked them 28-7 in week six. Region...
  17. S

For anyone interested in watching high profile Ohio State signees playing this week.

Buford's Edrick Houston will be on tap Friday night at 7:00pm EST on ESPN2. When top ten nationally ranked Buford, Ga., and national top ten Mill Creek, Ga., will be playing in what many are saying is a preview of the GHSA State 7A Championship. Buford won last season's meeting in regular...
  18. S

This is in response to RR Williams' post on Massillon Thread re: Valdosta DE.

#9 for Valdosta is the lad who was shot by their five star DL in the Spring. And he is playing with an inoperable bullet in his chassis. APPARENTLY, the Five Star 300 lber., was unavailable for service, due to incarceration, thus the 3000 yds. rushing for Washington Hi by their transfer RB...
  19. S

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all you guys and gals, for your gracious hospitality towards me this offseason.

Regardless of the outcomes in high school and college between our two states. Heres hoping for a great and safe season for all involved. GO DAWGS and GO PACKERS!!!
  20. S

ValDOSta fans were seen receiving psychiatric care earlier this week.

In anticipation of having to leave Wednesday for that 3000 mile trek on Yellow Bird buses, to NEO's Washington Hi Stadium and Motel Two. MEANWHILE, the ValDOSta Mildcats were seen taking a group pic in front of the Pro Football Hall OH Fame on Thursday morning. They were informed by local...