Search results

1. B

Luke Fickell is the greatest of all time

Name 1 high school wrestler who could beat him? I would throw out names like MikeBuddie, Red Holman and Tim Moxley.
  2. B

That's a good matchup
  3. B

I was just talking about wrestler vs wrestler... No weight class.
  4. B

Absolutely agree... I will take Fickell over 135 lb Taylor all day.
  5. B

Is there any wrestler in the history of Ohio who can defeat him? A motivated Chris Phillips maybe?
  6. B

Football and wrestling coaches

I didn't realize a coach's pay was so substantial that he should / could coach a sport year around and put any other interests, hobbies, family on the backburner.
  7. B

St. Edward 2023-24

I am not from northeast Ohio. I don't believe for a moment that St Ed's goes out of the way to recruit anyone in any sport JMO... Maybe I am wrong and they do? I think the education, history, and success makes kids, ( and probably more ) parents want their kids to go there. Mailman probably...
  8. B

Possible High Schools for 8th Grade OAC JH State Placers

I honestly do not think we will ever see another Chris Phillips. I was at Ironman his freshman year and I believe he was the best wrestler there. He didn't give up an offensive point the entire tournament.
  9. B

AJ Ferrari returning for 2023-2024

I think Iowa would be a great fit for him. I hear a lot of negative comments from posters on here, but I am not sure if their valid or not? I have rarely heard of any misconduct off the mat from Iowa wrestlers. I think Tom and Terry would set him straight. Spencer Lee is the only wrestler I can...
  10. B

St. Edward 2023-24

Thank you!
  11. B

St. Edward 2023-24

Can anyone give some insight on Driscoll? It didn't look like he placed or more likely didn't wrestle at the Jr High State. Peterson was highly regarded coming to HS. I assume Driscoll has quite the resume as well.
  12. B

Ramos pins Lee in 125 lbs semis

Absolutely correct. There's A few matches this year that he put himself in precarious positions. It also appears he's usually out of gas after about 4 minutes of wrestling.
  13. B

Pinning the way through the state tournament process

You can watch his state championship match on YouTube. Brian Brakeman speaks very highly of him, calling him the best heavyweight he's ever seen. I just watched Luke's senior state finals... Mr Brakeman stated the same facts while broadcasting the match.
  14. B

No Stage for state finals

I actually got credit for going to school on Thursday. We only had 3 qualifiers and the coach drove us up in his car from school. No papers to sign for liability or anything like that. Lol, how times have changed.
  15. B

Idc when they miss school. That wasn't my point. But at least Thursday and Friday would be an excused absence.
  16. B

St. Edward 2023-24

I was thinking the same thing. The lineup this year will not be the same for next year. Probably see at least two new faces in the lineup. That said, not a bad problem to have as a program. The kids are getting a great education and experience. Wrestling is just icing on the cake for these young...
  17. B

I am watching the finals on YouTube. A see a lot of empty seats. JMO, Sunday night wrestling is such a big mistake. Outside of the die-hard fans, parents, and fans who live in close proximity to the venue... A lot of people are not going to this event for the fact they have to work the next day...
  18. B

St. Edward 2023-24

Always enjoy your insight.
  19. B

Outstanding Wrestler Discussion

He has to be the most underrated wrestler in Ohio. Looking like a Ryan Lang career. A lot of loses but always shows up in the post season.
  20. B

Legacy christian

I think right now it's A two team race between Legacy and Barnesville... A lot can change though. Transfers, incoming freshman, etc. I would give the advantage to Legacy.