Search results

1. V

Best all time players @ schools/position

Tochi Ibe at OH. Recency bias here but that's all I have.
  2. V

2023 HS Season

Agreed that there would probably be some changes, but these votes are stat driven. It's the only data coaches have to "evaluate" players from other regions. There are some regions where the statistically best players aren't even the best players in there own conferences. But due to having great...
  3. V

Club 2022-2023

I heard that Haggerty and Threm played mostly at OPP. Agreed that lots of of guys could be interchangeable at OPP which makes for interesting matchups.
  4. V

Club 2022-2023

My guess is C2 17-1s team or Attack 18-1s team as both team have lots of fire power. Academy is always tough especially in their own gym. But I wouldn't be shocked if C2 17 runs that show.
  5. V

2023 HS Season

Brown from Creek? Really? He's a nice kid, but have you seen him play? He most likely wouldn't make a 2s team at Attack or Vanguard. He's simply not that strong of a player. The only reason he got recognized last year at the regional and state level from the West region was because the...
  6. V

2022 HS season

Elder in 3 X in 5 Mt. V in 4 TW in 3 Centerville in 3 Northmont in 5 St. Es in 4 St. Is in 3
  7. V

2022 HS season

That would be a fun team to play on, coach, or just plain ol watch!
  8. V

2022 HS season

Not sure. Heard they were without their starting OH (Holbrook) and starting setter (Rings). Not sure if it's injury, rest, or something else. My guess is rest especially at the setter position especially if they are going to make a run at state.
  9. V

2022 HS season

Looks like Centerville got an easy win setting up a match on Saturday versus Lakota East which beat Lakota West tonight.
  10. V

2022 HS season

Heard this from a friend. Heartbreaking for that young man and team. No one ever wants to see an athlete go down with an injury. All the best to him as he recovers for when club season resumes and college ball start next year at Thomas More.
  11. V

2022 HS season

I think X in 4 as well...when Walnut voted them 4th and X said that was fine and that we'll come after you, Walnut, i think that X is going to get some juice from that. Should be a fun a crazy fun atmosphere...Nut House will be going crazy.
  12. V

2022 HS season

Where are the likely upsets in each region? Honestly, I dont know the East or North as well as the South or West. I don't think it would be a true upset, but based on seeding, I think X beats Walnut and then goes on to beat Moeller. If they can use their chip on their shoulder to their...
  13. V

Scores

I can only imagine what his numbers would have been like if his potential All-State setter (maybe honorable mention or possibly 2nd team) hadn't missed 10 or so games. Scary.
  14. V

POY in Ohio

Couldn't agree more than that. If Bianco isn't first team, it will be one of the big snubs (due to how voting works) of all time. Not a better setter in the set than Bianco.
  15. V

2022 HS season

That would be an interesting discussion: what team has the best overall depth to survive if that team's best player got hurt i.e. Patterson for Moeller, Maune or Bianco for Elder, Meyer for X, Culpepper for Beavercreek, Kolwicz for Thomas, etc. We've seen the effects it has on a place like...
  16. V

POY in Ohio

I totally see and hear what you all are saying. Maybe in my goofy brain I think of POY vs MVP. POY is best player i.e. talent, stats, dominance, etc. MVP is value to team, winning, culture based on skill, leadership, as well as talent, stats, etc. With that being said Gilbert is POY and JJ is...
  17. V

POY in Ohio

Hitters tend to get the glory. Take for instance last year. Gilbert was a beast but the only beast on his team thus gaudy numbers thus POY. However JJ from Moeller was the best player in state on the best team in the state thus, in my opinion, should have been player of the year. Maune is so...
  18. V

POY in Ohio

Culpepper in the West. Haven't heard about South. Has to be Maune, right?
  19. V

POY in Ohio

Moser is a setter...playing at Concordia in Chicago next year I believe.
  20. V

2022 HS season

Top 5 in the west are 1 Centerville 2 Beavercreek 3 Northmont 4 Lakota East and 5 Fairmont.