Search results

1. F

2024 HS Season

Agreed that 2 central teams will make it to states. It won’t be Darby though.
  2. F

2024 HS Season

D1 Regional Final picks at the halfway point: Region 1- Liberty over Pickerington North Region 2- St. Ignatius over Brecksville Broadview Region 3- Thomas Worthington over Darby Region 4- X over Moeller It'll be worth monitoring what they do with the format of the Final 4. Under the old...
  3. F

2024 HS Season

It’s a big problem, for sure. Even in spring sports other than volleyball kids are having to miss tryout dates and join well after the season begins. Doesn’t seem good for anyone and this is the first year I can remember it being so overlapped like this. Hoping the smaller programs don’t suffer...
  4. F

2024 HS Season

I heard their big right side is going to miss some time, but they’ve got VanWormer in the middle (A2 18-2s), Vensko setting (A2 17-1) and Dyer on the outside (A2 17-1). They’ll be solid for sure.
  5. F

2024 HS Season

Who are we expecting to be the top teams out of Columbus? Will anybody challenge Liberty or be ready to compete at the state level? Darby maybe? Berlin? I know Jerome lost a lot. My way too early Top 10 would look something like 1. Liberty 2. Moeller 3. X 4. Ignatius 5. Elder 6. Darby 7...
  6. F

2024 HS Season

Will be interesting to see which way they go with this hire. I could see it going to someone like Doug Cherry, who was on staff before Lee got there. Illustrious alumni pool to pull from, no doubt.
  7. F

Best all time players @ schools/position

True, but Darby did it in a way that I’m not sure can or will ever be replicated. They beat nearly everyone to the punch when it came to middle school ball- and then used the startup of Vanguard to fuel their high school program. With the way the game has grown, I’m not sure any public school...
  8. F

2024 HS Season

Agreed. The second tier of that region probably looks like Pick North, New Albany and Olentangy. All those teams bring back key pieces. I don’t think any of those teams measure up to the three you mentioned. Region 4 will also be interesting. This year there was more parity with schools like...
  9. F

2023 HS Season

Which 6 seed is most likely to spring the upset? I’d say Walnut over X. Would be pretty crazy.
  10. F

2023 HS Season

Those scores are seriously impressive from the Explorers. Unless Ignatius gets healthy and can knock them off, I don’t see them losing in the regular season.
  11. F

2023 HS Season

Got to love the first week of the season. Quite a few surprises sprinkled in there.
  12. F

2023 HS Season

Who are your top 5 in each region for D1? How about a team that will be better than people think? Southwest Predictions: 1. X 2. Moe 3. Walnut 4. Elder 5. Centerville Surprise: Lakota East Northeast: 1. Ignatius 2. Hudson 3. Ed’s 4. Jackson 5. Brecksville Surprise: Firestone Central: 1...
  13. F

2023 HS Season

They should be better this year. Setter, Libero, Middle, Right Side and OH2 all back. Wouldn't expect them to be top of the East/Central (still weird making that adjustment) region, but they should be stronger than previous years. I still like Liberty, Mount Vernon, Berlin, Olentangy...
  14. F

Club 2022-2023

Vanguard just had their team placement tryout late last week. They’re usually late to the game posting rosters too. Wondering how many out of state guys they will have.
  15. F

2023 HS Season

So intriguing to see how postseason will look. With 3 regions, how would state tournament look? Creek and Centerville being with the Cincinnati schools is also something I’m really interested to see, along with other strong D2 schools moving up like Alter. Postseason going to be a dog fight in...
  16. F

2023 HS Season

The East has the most teams and therefore the most votes in the state, so that could’ve played a factor. Believe Meyer won South COY in 21, but hasn’t won State COY yet. I’m sure he’d take the rings over the individual recognition any day though. The guy is certainly one of the best right now...
  17. F

2023 HS Season

Mt. Vernon should be the best team in the East. Bring back pretty much everyone from a team that made the regional final last year. I’d have Jerome second. Setting definitely an issue for Walnut. Was looking forward to seeing them at Witt but heard they had to drop due to not enough players...
  18. F

2023 HS Season

Agreed, assuming both have all their weapons. Hard to tell with these summer scrimmages who will be full strength. Will be interesting to see Walnut’s outsides with a new setter. Spectators are allowed, so that may be a fun event to go check out!
  19. F

2023 HS Season

Wittenberg is hosting a summer tournament for high school teams on July 29. I’m not sure of the complete team list, but know the following teams are going: East- Berlin, Kilbourne, Jerome, Thomas, Pick North, DeSales, New Albany, St Charles West- Beavercreek, CJ, Lakota East North- Firestone...
  20. F

2022 HS season

Curious to what others have to say as I know there are a lot of South region people on this forum. it’s no question the South consistently produces the best players and teams. Club opportunities seem pretty similar across regions and while regions like the West and East continue to grow the...