Search results

1. R

SWOH D1 Thread

I agree with Jballer for most part here. Double Helix I think your comments on some of those top teams are pretty accurate as well. Tier 1 is a for sure. Those are no question the 2 best teams and I think Moeller is the best overall. Tier 2-Tier 6 though imo I think most of those teams could...
  2. R

GMC 23-24

Early GMC Thoughts Middletown- Looks like a good GMC team, great length and athleticism they play hard Sycamore- Burgess is a STUD, many tough athletic players around him Hamilton- Athletic team that plays hard, will be in every game East- Perry is that good, they're well coached, solid pieces...
  3. R

GMC 23-24

Yes, that happened just before basketball season and I believe was "football" related. King should be a big contributor at Hamilton and would've been at Fairfield as well. I'm with you on Fairfield being fine though.
  4. R

Moeller Class of 2026

Moeller will be fine at the varsity level still over the next few years. It's crazy how some classes that are supposed to be "incredible" winning leagues and 20 games a year in jr. high & 9th/JV ball turn out to never even be over .500 their senior years. At the end of the day the Moeller...
  5. R

Early GCL Basketball Predictions

I've got to stand up for Nozka. Dude won a league and District title while at X. I think his guys usually played to their potential over the years. He is an old school hard nosed coach but don't think he was faking it, I think it's who he was. I do agree that they fell off at the end of the year...
  6. R

GMC 23-24

Really appreciate that! I really enjoy the analysis part of it. No worries on pointing out Blanton. I did this back in July so I knew there would be some changes that would need discussed and such so thanks on that. Some other names I think will be contributors for their teams I want to throw...
  7. R

Transfers and player movement

Okay, "bring" might've been the wrong word, since you're saying they came on their own. All kids come on their own though, just like these kids at Winton Woods are choosing to go there to play for coach Pilgrim. What you're really trying to say is that none of those kids were "recruited" to come...
  8. R

I'd say Fairfield. There Junior class has had hype for a long while and I believe almost all of them even played youth together. I know they had at least 1 transfer into that class last year, but the bulk of that team is still the same, so I'd consider them to still meet criteria of a public...
  9. R

2023-2024 D1 favorites

In SWO the Centerville Elks will still be in strong contention for a Regional 4-peat. They have a scoring machine in Powell, as good of a coach there is in the state, and some other talented players with good size. Although they lose a lot Fairfield should still be on the list as they're...
  10. R

Moeller Class of 2026

A few things here to think about. The average freshman class at the beginning of freshman year for most large schools I'd say is no more than 15, There can only be 15 players on 1 team dressing at a time, There can only be 5 players on the court at once, On senior night I'd say on average most...
  11. R

Top Incoming Freshmen to Watch in the 2023-24 Season?

WOW, Cosby got out before he ever got started ... best of luck to him!
  12. R

Here's my issue with some of what's being said here about AAU coaches. Of the guys who are head varsity coaches in this area that were mentioned outside of Mike Price. 1. They're coaching their kid 2. You mentioned some of the most infamous HS talent stackers in the area lol There's plenty of...
  13. R

Fair point here. In the GMC we can take a look at guys like Greg Richards and Mike Price who ran their systems without much deviation for years with lots of success. Would I say "tremendous" probably not, could they have maybe made a deeper run in the post season some years had they switched up...
  14. R

Great Question! Here is SWO and Ohio in general we have GREAT COACHES, but where I think many of these coaches struggle is in adapting to what they have. In college you get to recruit guys that fit the system you've put in place as. a coach. In High School you may have a great bucket getter as...
  15. R

GMC 23-24

Yes, Granville had a brace on his leg. I'm not sure the whole time frame of "when" he'd be back playing. Mills stayed at Woodward I'm pretty sure. There's someone new though I think I'm missing that is now at Princeton.
  16. R

I think it's "Yoro Diallo". I believe started as a "pwo" at D1 Winthrop and recently has been elevated to scholarship after 1 year in the program.
  17. R

GMC 23-24

Very Excited for the 23/24 GMC season. A lot was lost to graduation in this league so the land scape of it is much more open than it has been in years past. Fairfield (22/23 results: 23-5 (15-1 GMC, 1st place), Regional Runner Up Key Departures: G Deshawne Crim, G Ray Coney, C Amir Rogers Key...
  18. R

June Summer Ball

The issue with what you're saying though is "if" they get a high level PG ... a decent HS PG won't put them over the top I don't think which is what I think you're saying, and they probably have someone they can develop into that. Several teams are "1 player" away from being great. That's why...
  19. R

Midwest Live

Who did they beat? ... I'm sure they matched teams up against teams they thought would be equally balanced, or good player match ups that coaches would want to see.
  20. R

Springboro seeks 7th Coach in 10 years

Lots of great HS coaches ... Some great AAU coaches. I've came across a lot of AAU people though who have an "agenda" for whatever those reasons are. Same can be said for HS but I've encountered it less, some coaches are better than others but most want what's best for every kid deep down. AAU...