Search results

1. OhioGuy4

NE8 2024

I mean Brookfield as a school and an athletic department do not have the money to waste on paying an opponent to show up and play, there were other options and decided to go with Hubbard. Seating will be a little more than what is at the old stadium with both home and away bleachers.
  2. OhioGuy4

NE8 2024

Both are back and staying. Team was young last year, really only played 2 seniors, although 1 of them was Kirila who set the single season tackle record which will be tough to replace. All together Brookfield should be better than last year, especially with the RB, Rico Smith, being a year older
  3. OhioGuy4

NE8 2024

I mean Brookfield has indeed moved on, LaBrae is the major rival now for football and has been now for a decade. Brookfield and Hubbard’s staffs are still close and the game means more to the older generations in both towns. Does the draw of a large gate look good for the first game? Yes of...
  4. OhioGuy4

NE8 2024

There is a lot of misinformation around the stadium as a whole. The plan since the school was build was to move all athletics to the school's campus which opened in 2011. The old stadium is to the point of no return and needs to be closed. As much as people think it is cheaper to remodel the old...
  5. OhioGuy4

NE8 2024

Hubbard being D4 makes them Brookfield's largest opponent on the season. Everyone else is on the schedule is D5 and up. Could be a good point boost if they can win it Week 1.
  6. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick em week 12

#2 Walsh #3 Hudson #1 Ursuline #3 Poland #2 Lake Catholic #4 West Branch #5 Garfield #2 South Range #5 Cuy Heights #2 Rootstown #3 Western Reserve #7 Springfield
  7. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick em week 11

D2 region 5 #10 Fitch #6 SVSM D3 Region 9 #1 Ursuline #9 Canfield D4 Region 13 #6 Struthers #4 West Branch #3 Poland #7 Niles #8 Mooney D5 Region 17 #2 South Range #8 Lakeview #3 Norwayne D6 Region 21 #13 Brookfield #11 Crestview #7 Jackson Milton #3 Mogadore D7 Region 25 #3 WR #13 St. Paul...
  8. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick em week 10

Poland Girard Beaver Local Ursuline -15 West Branch -45 Canfield -32 Chaney -17 South Range -40 Fitch -20 Springfield -8 Crestview -3
  9. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick ‘em week 9

Fitch -35 Massilon -39 Girard -34 Struthers -6 Poland -27 Springfield -20 West Branch -27 Western Reserve GOTW Lisbon +14 Ursuline -23 Mooney -28 South Range -34
  10. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick ‘em week 8

West Branch Mooney Liberty Lakeview Jackson Milton Columbiana Brookfield -26 Springfield -20 Struthers -24 Fitch +28 South Range -14 Ursuline Poland Southern
  11. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick ‘em week 7

West Branch -30 Boardman Mooney -11 Beaver Local Salam Howland South Range Poland Ursuline Struthers East Liverpool Champion Springfield McDonald Crestview Brookfield
  12. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick ‘em week 6

Fitch Mooney Canfield Struthers Poland Beaver Local Girard Brookfield Springfield
  13. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick ‘em week 4

West Branch Canfield Boardman Chaney United Girard Hubbard CCC Clyde South Range McDonald Mineral Ridge Newton Falls Beaver Local Liberty
  14. OhioGuy4

URSULINE & CARDINAL MOONEY IN 2023?

Can anyone confirm whether there was a large fight during the Mooney game yesterday? Someone I know who went to the game stated there was but have not seen anything on here or on any media outlets.
  15. OhioGuy4

Mahoning valley pick ‘em week 3

Girard Canfield Poland Hubbard Niles Lakeview South Range Geneva Brookfield Western Reserve Bridgeport Lisbon Chaney Harding Fitch Steubenville
  16. OhioGuy4

D7 R25 2023

He is at Mount Union and I heard he is doing well! Obviously will not see varsity time time year with an All-American under center
  17. OhioGuy4

D7 R25 2023

Davis did not quit it was Jones who is now back on the team. The team is very young, but once conference play starts they should settle in.
  18. OhioGuy4

Week 1: Brookfield @ Norwayne

Growing pains for sure for Brookfield. Completely new offense and a lot of young guys starting on defense. Brookfield plays a tough non-conference schedule for sure (Norwayne, Springfield Local and Valley Christian), but the league is still not very good. With this young group it was always...
  19. OhioGuy4

Steubenville @ Youngstown Ursuline

I mean on paper in D3 region 9, Charden is probably the only team close to Ursuline. Canfield will still be competitive, but no one is close to those 2 teams. I think it comes down to whether Ursuline can close games out which they have struggled to do so in recent years. Offense has never been...
  20. OhioGuy4

Week 1: Brookfield @ Norwayne

Little bit later in the week, but thought I'd still make the thread. Brookfield and Norwayne have only met twice both in the playoffs in back to back years with Norwayne winning in the first round 42-7 in route to a state championship in 2011 and in the Regional Finals 49-28 in 2012. Brookfield...