Search results

1. O

2024 Schedules - Division VI

I never said Mogadore should play them lol. The Mogadore fan said that. I just stated that Martins Ferry would not play a small school power such as Mogadore as they are more interested in traveling long distances for wins against D7’s.
  2. O

Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

In the 2000’s both schools’ best teams were during the same seasons ‘03, ‘05, ‘06. Both had deep playoff runs…both won regional championships in all 3 of those seasons. BR would have had the upper hand, no doubt (2 state titles). ‘96 Bellaire would have been a great matchup with BR. Judging by...
  3. O

They’re D6 and they haven’t had a great team in almost 20 years. Just saying it was an unnecessary shot at them.
  4. O

Punching down are we? I think he may have been providing an example that Ironton traveled up to play Bellaire in ‘95. Bellaire made the return trip to Ironton in ‘96. Steubenville is only 30 minutes further for Ironton. It’s a stretch, but a home and home could work. Clinton-Massie made a trip...
  5. O

IVC 23-24

Linsly is not eligible for WVSSAC postseason play.
  6. O

Dover 2023-2024

I’m copying my post from the IVC thread. This is pretty interesting and also pertains to Dover….. I just read on WTOV9 that Linsly is not eligible for the OVAC tournament as they played a game on a Sunday. Playing on a Sunday is prohibited by the WVSSAC. Linsly is not a member of the WVSSAC...
  7. O

IVC 23-24

You must be looking on MaxPreps, which is not reliable. Their actual schedule has more than 8 OVAC games .
  8. O

IVC 23-24

I know this is not an OVAC thread, but I just read on WTOV9 that Linsly is not eligible for the OVAC tournament as they played a game on a Sunday. Playing on a Sunday is prohibited by the WVSSAC. Linsly is not a member of the WVSSAC, but they are required to follow their guidelines to be allowed...
  9. O

IVC 23-24

Linsly has played more than enough OVAC games to qualify. There is something else going on. Sounds like a controversy.
  10. O

IVC 23-24

I hate to be that guy, but it is The Linsly School….or as we refer to them in the Valley, just Linsly. Hope Trail wins 3A. Pulling for them.
  11. O

Dover 2023-2024

Dover has played 1 OVAC game to date. I highly doubt they would be eligible for the OVAC tournament with only playing one OVAC game. That is unfortunate because I was looking forward to Dover winning class 5A. As usual, they are probably the best team in the OVAC. Them or Linsly.
  12. O

WHICH state has the biggest case of delusions of grandeur,TEJAS or OHIO?

Most delusional program is Martinsburg High School in West Virginia. Win WV AAA every single year in dominant fashion. They believe they are a national power. They split with Painesville Riverside in a home and home and now think they own Ohio. One of their coaches put that on social media after...
  13. O

2024 Schedules - Division VI

Judging by Martins Ferry’s recent pattern of dropping teams they know will beat them and picking up small D7 schools they know they can beat, I highly doubt they would take on a challenge such as Mogadore. They are just looking for wins.
  14. O

Oh I don’t want Central to play top Ohio small schools because I think they would be good games. I want Central to play top Ohio small schools to see them get beat soundly. All I hear is how no one will play Central. Let them cross the river and head west of I-77 and north of I-70 and see the...
  15. O

They think they can hold their own. They would not compete with top Ohio teams. That’s why I want these games to happen.
  16. O

Martinsburg, WV is at it again. They won yet another WV class AAA championship in dominant fashion (against awful competition) and they are bragging that they not only dominate WV but beat state champs from Virginia and “teams from Ohio.” History lesson.. they beat Riverside in 2021 and LOST to...
  17. O

Steubenville vs. Ironton Steubenville vs. Kirtland Any MAC school or Kirtland vs. Wheeling Central Catholic (WV) Martinsburg (WV) vs. Massillon or any other top D1 or D2 program
  18. O

New phila @ Dover

I was at the New Phila -West Holmes game. I’m not familiar with them, but NP’s offense seems to be below average. They struggled to move the ball. Most of their offense was generated by QB runs up the middle. They relied on that heavily. However, their defense is very solid. I think WH could...
  19. O

Steubenville Away Game

Before I say this, let me make it clear I have no beef with Steubenville. I respect their program and being from the Ohio Valley, I root for them in the playoffs every season. They are the ONLY program left in the OV that is relevant on a state level. That being said, I wholeheartedly disagree...
  20. O

Linsly @ Dover

Yes it was an exaggeration and also sarcasm. I am very familiar with football in the area as I live there as well. I know Steubenville is top dog. That’s not debatable. They are the only program that is relevant on a state level from our area. Trust me, down here in Belmont County we hear a lot...