Search results

1. U

Coverage of High School Sports

Lima media in general does a great job covering regional sports. Newspapers are hemorrhaging staff and it certainly shows. The amount of AI sports articles seems to be on the increase and is an abomination.
  2. U

Friday Updates 3/15 (23-24 Season)

When I looked at that I was hoping he spotted gum on the floor.
  3. U

Northwest Ohio Realignment

Dock- I appreciate your posts but I felt compelled to give you a like for that avatar.
  4. U

Weight Training = Sports Injuries

Bingo. Back in the day it was "walk it off."
  5. U

Nick Saban Retiring

I agree with the age and health issues but I swear I heard him say this morning that NIL also factored in. College football as we have long known it is apparently gone, perhaps for good. I was never much of a Bama or SEC fan, but as a coach it's hard to deny that Saban changed defensive...
  6. U

Musicians with Ohio connections

DEVO
  7. U

Best storyteller songs?

It was fine until he applied rotation.
  8. U

Best storyteller songs?

Lyin' Eyes' by the Eagles is one of the most evocative songs I've heard. I can literally visualize each scene with every verse. Jackson Browne has a few as well but "Fountain of Sorrow" always comes to mind. "Eleanor Rigby" "Jeremy" - Pearl Jam.
  9. U

Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Coach Boblitt is a Jim Rucki devotee and you can see it in Bluffton's vaying styles. One night they score 86 and another they score 40. I suspect he knows better than to get into a running game with O-G and works the offense until they get a good shot. I know of your deep fondness for Coach...
  10. U

Division VI and VII Football All-Ohio Teams Announced

Skidmore from Wynford first team while Mayes from Columbus Grove is HM?!? Put them in a phone booth and see who comes out alive.
  11. U

2023 NWO Football

I'll likely get flamed for this, but watching those games at Ford Field is a delight. Couldn't make it this year but did watch Grand Rapids FHC/Mason game this afternoon.
  12. U

Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

While watching the game I initially had the same thought, why is he out there? He was obviously comprised. Coldwater runs a great program so I presume he got medical clearance, but he wasn't the same player. As far as this year I look for a one score differential but I'll be darned if I can...
  13. U

#1 Liberty Center vs #8 Huron

I like that logo much better.
  14. U

2023 NWO Football

Grove proved last year that you don't need a MAC team in order to be a good region. They played ML as tough as anybody aside from Versailles and Wapak, that's pretty good company.
  15. U

2023 NWO Football

What??? Are you saying that some people might not necessarily know what they're talking about? On a message board? What are the chances?
  16. U

Northwest Ohio Realignment

Throw in Pandora-Gilboa who beat McComb badly. Whether a D-V team and two D-VII schools could beat Ross I don't know, but the outcome would be closer than many might think. No shed.
  17. U

Weather forecast for Friday night October 13, 2023 in all Ohio

15% chance in the Lima area and after 10:00 P.M.
  18. U

Defiance College To Move Back To NAIA...Leaves NCAA D III

DC is struggling all the way around. It wouldn't surprise me if they have to close their doors in the not to distant future. IIRC, they lost part of their accreditation so perhaps they were going to get bounced from the NCAA. I simply don't know but this could be a real PITA for the members of...
  19. U

Football Field Paint Crew

How many schools are using a robot to line the field?