Search results

1. BirdDog10

Who's enhancing their stadium in 2024?

I always liked the look of Minster's home stands. Hopefully they keep it similar in size/style
  2. BirdDog10

Northwest Ohio Realignment

Girls soccer too. Talk about self-inflicted pain. They were one of the smallest schools in the NWC but offered more sports than any other school and then wonder why they aren't competitive in them
  3. BirdDog10

Average Tenure of Head Football Coach

If I'm thinking correctly, the state tried to make the 14-year rule a requirement but they were obviously fought on it, and the requirement was removed before it would have impacted anyone. I know at least 3 teachers personally that have taught in Ohio for 25+ years and never gotten a master's
  4. BirdDog10

You also don't have to have a bachelor's degree to become a welder. That's an apples to oranges comparison. Many jobs require continuing ed - engineers, accountants, anything in the medical field - just about every "professional" certification that requires you to get a bachelor's degree will...
  5. BirdDog10

2024 NCAA Wrestling D1 Qualifiers from Ohio

Heard a cool comment during Mendez’s match, the #1 home state of all NCAA qualifiers is Pennsylvania, #2 is Ohio
  6. BirdDog10

Only I’m pretty sure it was longer ago than that
  7. BirdDog10

Thanks for copying the first link you found on google. https://www.masters-education.com/teaching-in-ohio/ It's incorrect. Ask anyone getting into teaching today. You aren't required to get a master's degree at all. You are required to collect continuing education credits every x amount of...
  8. BirdDog10

Let's see 2 bits of common sense. Saying you can't get certified without a master's degree is a bold faced lie. Almost every university in Ohio will get you a teaching certification as a part of a bachelor's degree. Thousands of kids fresh out of undergrad get hired every single year as...
  9. BirdDog10

Both of these are not true.
  10. BirdDog10

Northwest Conference 2024

I think Grove will drop, but Local is likely going to bump to D6 depending on where the cutoff is. Their enrollment is growing
  11. BirdDog10

The breakdown of the nuclear family can be blamed as the root cause for 99% of the problems our public schools deal with. Sure, there's other contributing factors, but the big issues we see in schools today started at the same time the number of kids from a traditional, single income nuclear...
  12. BirdDog10

They're still in that spot. Ada was 1-6 this year in NWC play, and they lost to Riverdale in week 2 who was 1-6 in the BVC. The competition in the BVC is very comparable to NWC, especially in football and boys basketball. They essentially made a lateral move to a league where they'll have more...
  13. BirdDog10

I still think Ada made an dumb move in joining the BVC. They left the Northwest Conference where they're a bottom 1/3 team in most sports to join the BVC where they'll continue to be in the bottom 1/3. Some people have said it on here before, but they should have joined the NWCC...
  14. BirdDog10

IUDOGS: 2023 - 2024 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

Lakota just lost a good young coach when Lento left for Calvert. You're not going to get any established coach that's better than what they had to go to Lakota, so a young coach that's already in the program and they have faith in is about the best hire you can ask for
  15. BirdDog10

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

That’s because there’s so many schools right around that range. It’s not a set enrollment that decides the divisions. They keep divisions 2-7 as equal as possible no matter where the enrollment numbers fall
  16. BirdDog10

I agree a bunch of studs from Bath transferring into LCC now doesn't seem likely, but back in the original NWC tenure there were several transfers from Bath and Shawnee to LCC, across multiple sports
  17. BirdDog10

It’s not a stipulation for success. They’re going to be evaluated for their enrollment and transfers. The NWC doesn’t want their enrollment blow up with transfers from Senior, Shawnee, and Bath like it did the first time around.
  18. BirdDog10

That's gonna be an extremely long-term bandaid then
  19. BirdDog10

Before you "Let them in" for everything, they have to want to be full NWC members. They don't.
  20. BirdDog10

Not nearly enough. Our head coach has been at our school now for 12 seasons, going on 13. First 6 seasons he went 27-37 with 1 season over .500. Luckily the administration trusted him after that stretch and didn't make any changes. The next 6 seasons he went 60-15 with 5 league titles, 5 playoff...