Search results

1. M

2024 HS Season

And even then…all 3 of these schools would still wax the majority of teams in the state
  2. M

2024 HS Season

Elder was probably gonna be a bit down or comparable to last year no matter what this year, but they’ve also been dealing with a handful of injuries to guys who would typically never leave the court. Tierney's been hurting to where he can’t swing, Murray was hurt recently and missed some time...
  3. M

2024 HS Season

No
  4. M

2024 HS Season

Elder's JV team is pretty good. 10-1 after tonight. I think their top guys will provide a nice compliment to this year's Varsity team next year since there's so many juniors. Elder's usually had their best seasons when they're relatively balanced or senior heavy. They're very junior heavy this year.
  5. M

2024 Elder Volleyball

Who's coping? Lakota East is just better than Elder this year and much, much bigger. Lakota East's only losses this year are to Moeller and Fenwick in 5 (a D2 powerhouse). Elder is literally 2 years removed from back to back state title appearances, chill out
  6. M

Ohio VolleyTalk

Yes. Their 2025 class is loaded. If they don't win a state title this year or next, I'm not sure when their next best opportunity comes
  7. M

2024 Elder Volleyball

Nothing to scoff at. East is probably the best public school team in the city
  8. M

2024 Elder Volleyball

They're also young. Only 5 seniors on the team and only about 3 of them have been consistent starters this year; lots of juniors getting lots of experience. Almost all of their main offensive options are juniors. The next couple of weeks will be telling. Plenty of winnable games, but some tough...
  9. M

Elder Enrollment Strategy

Eh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't think it'll be outlawed here in any capacity and don't think it should be because parents should know the risks, so that should be for them and their kid to decide. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if a kid plays flag to a certain...
  10. M

Elder Enrollment Strategy

Is this a real thing? I'm assuming it's a club sport for now, but is there a growing movement in flag?
  11. M

2024 Elder Volleyball

They’re sitting at 8-5 really without a signature or big win. Seems to be a lot of lineup shifting and changing so hard to get a feel for what this team is.
  12. M

2024 HS Season

This actually does sound vaguely familiar...maybe from the mid to late 2000's? Early 2010's?
  13. M

Baseball 2024

You overreacted to the very beginning of the season. Just own it
  14. M

Are you a true West Sider??

How many oil change places does the westside need
  15. M

2024 HS Season

Harsh, but getting to be fair. Although Centerville did make it to state just 2, maybe 3, years ago coming out of the same region as Beavercreek, Northmont’s good couple of years and a few others, right? Granted, Elder took care of them handily
  16. M

2024 HS Season

Oh yeah, I’m sorry, I’m not trying to take anything away from them. Just thought some of those scores seemed odd. Hand up that I expected them to have an off year after losing those 2. I was also unaware they have so many kids playing club, so you’re right in how much that helps. Any time you...
  17. M

2024 HS Season

Without having seen them play and only going off of box scores, this Walnut team is confusing. Badin this year is not the Badin of the past couple years (big reliance on Brockman, very young and undersized around him) so that loss feels a bit odd. They also let West Clermont and a very down...
  18. M

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

It turns out that the sun is actually pretty bright
  19. M

2024 HS Season

I'll take a stab at some predictions here: X over Centerville in 3 Moe over BVBH in 4 Liberty over Elder in 3 Darby over St. I's in 5 Championship bracket: X over Moe in 4 Liberty over Darby in 3 3rd place: Moe over Darby in 4 Championship: X over Liberty in 4 Consolation bracket: BVBH over...
  20. M

2024 HS Season

Yeah, think the criticisms were more about the lack of games than anything else. Sometime in recent memory they only had something like 17 on the schedule, but they usually seem to play top teams even then