Search results

1. D

Cash sales for tourney games???

The state law does apply to school sites and they should provide a cash option. The games at other "rented" sites do not follow the same rules (OSU, UD, other venues) and may not offer cash. The cash option offered through Hometown Ticketing is fairly labor intensive, so expect those lines to be...
  2. D

A Time To Die: The OCC (Ohio Capital Conference)

Was it the district that kept WL in? Or did the new conference not want to admit a school that large? WL is listed @ 1,800 students on the OCC Wiki. FH is listed at 1,300 (which sounds high to me). I could see conferences not wanting to admit a school like WL based on their size. I guess...
  3. D

Best team likely not going to make the playoffs?

Competitive balance actually started with a "Tradition Factor" that would add students to the count based on success over a number of years (I believe 5 years was the number). I don't remember if it actually failed a statewide vote or if enough schools just complained enough that it was taken...
  4. D

Transfer Question

Scrimmage participation establishes eligibility at a school. I think you are thinking of the 50 mile rule which refers to regular season games. Rule 4-7-3 once you participate in a regular season game you are ineligible for the rest of the season in that sport at all other schools unless you...
  5. D

Braxton Miller (CHARG1NG⚡) 7on7 tryouts

So..... 7.4.3 prohibits individual participation for an event like this (outside 6/1-7/31) unless it is a team activity which is allowed by 7.4.2??? Prime example of why OHSAA needs to rewrite their rules
  6. D

Braxton Miller (CHARG1NG⚡) 7on7 tryouts

7.4.2 says that they may participate in camps or tryouts outside the interscholastic season. They are not permitted to participate in a competition. Sounds like splitting hairs there.
  7. D

Cha-Ching As The Money Rolls In For The OHSAA

Not defending OHSAA, but I haven't seen anyone mention improprieties with the tournament funds as another loss from the cash system. About 15 years ago there seemed to be a rash of AD's caught misusing the tournament funds. I've heard horror stories about ticket sellers for games not given...
  8. D

Ask the Ref?

For clarification, IF this did happen after the 10 minute mark, is it automatically another T for not being the book? Or does the coach have the option of leaving the player out to avoid the administrative technical? In effect, could the coach save his team 2 shots by saying "he's ineligible...
  9. D

If this has been answered previously, I apologize for the nuisance.

The 9-11 grade count puts poor performing schools in higher divisions. It is common in some schools to have 350 plus freshman listed in a class, but only have 150 seniors. If you counted seniors, it would lower their average per class. We saw that when Brookhaven closed in the middle of the 2...
  10. D

Double Round Robin-League Play

Ohio Capital Conference and Columbus City League both play double round. I think it helps in terms of evening out home court advantage when 2 teams are battling for the division lead. You don't get an automatic advantage when it is your year to host. Some schools have more of a home advantage...
  11. D

Online ticket sale requirement for tourney. Asinine.

Might want to look at your statement again. $.55 sounds cheap for Hometown. I thought they did a $1 "convenience fee" and then charge a % of the purchase as a credit card fee. That could explain the .55 to.61 difference, all CC companies charge a percentage for the "privilege" to use their...
  12. D

Shots fired outside of Marion Franklin high school during football game

As a MF grad, gunshots in southfield are not a new occurrence. Diane place, just east of the school, was a consistent source of gunshots over the years. Most CCS schools have stories from just outside the gates. South was the bulldog corner, West had the apartments off Postle, Walnut Ridge had...
  13. D

Ask The Ref?

Since it is all "murky" was there a directive for clock operation on the "punt"? We experienced this for the first time this weekend and it resulted in the refs yelling up to the confused clock operator to run the clock while they marked off the yardage on the fictitious play. It's quite...
  14. D

Possible ref boycott in NEO. Is this statewide?

So, if OHSAA isn't allowed to set the pay scale, how do all of you feel about schools using OHSAA pay as a starting point? ie, paying a % of what is paid at Sectional, District, or state tournament level. I feel like if everyone can see where the rates come from, everyone can make a better...
  15. D

OHSAA Reinstates the 10-day coaching limit

I think this refers to the old rule which is 50% of what it takes to play a game. ie baseball has 9 players, so you could work with 4 which is less than 50%. Clarification is needed. The article makes it sound like 50% of total roster. That would change from school to school and doesn't make a...
  16. D

Pick Central - Africentric Venue???

I saw that Africentric was closed today because of building heating issues. Not sure how that will affect the gym (which is not attached to the school).
  17. D

Pick Central - Africentric Venue???

Arbiterlive shows location as Africentric. 5:30 girls. 7pm boys
  18. D

6 Quarter Rule

I know they raised the daily quarter limit during Covid and have kept it this year, but I haven't seen anyone discuss the new penalty for violation (if there is a thread on this already, I apologize for starting this one). Do people realize that it results in a forfeit now? I know of 2 separate...
  19. D

Ask The Ref?

From the 2019 football manual: A. Bands shall not play music at football games while the ball is in play, or while signals are being called by the quarterback. This means that it is not permissible to use either: 1. Drum roll or beat 2. Cymbals clashing 3. Horn sounds, or 4. Any other kind of...
  20. D

Mid American Conference Stadiums-OHSAA Playoffs

That may be the one. Something like 27k attendance? Kent was lucky to get 3k per game.