Search results

1. C

Best/Worst gyms in GWOC/CBC/OHC/MVL

I liked the character of the old Northeastern and KR gyms. Shawnee's gym was always fun when the student section used to be allowed to be right on the rail. I like the unique setup at Stebbins.
  2. C

Teacher faces termination after calling in sick for 2 days to attend a concert in Nashville, district says

The issue I always had with it was management started approaching it like every call off was a lie regardless of who it came from. So the person who used a bunch of sick time every year and the person who calls off once every couple of years were being treated the same.
  3. C

Teacher faces termination after calling in sick for 2 days to attend a concert in Nashville, district says

My company used to have, what I would consider, a very generous sick plan. For every year you were with the company you received more sick time. You would get a portion of the time at 100% pay and generally a double portion at 60% pay. If you stayed long enough you eventually topped out at 6...
  4. C

Crazy Work Stories

No good deed goes unpunished. I would have 100% said something to the effect of "So if I just walked out with the extra 100 I wouldn't be in trouble?" Make them admit that they are writing you up for doing the right thing.
  5. C

I tend to be the type to maliciously comply with something. At the end of 2022 I needed to have surgery on my ankle. I have a desk job. Doctor was prepared to write me off for 3 months if I wanted it. I asked for 1 week off and 6 weeks WFH. Doctor was on board, boss was on board, HR decided to...
  6. C

Your not wrong but people want to be able to have time off and get paid for it. I haven't seen any yet this year but in 2020 and 2016 I started seeing people "campaigning" for mandatory minimum vacation time in line with Europe.
  7. C

From a company perspective, nothing beyond that you are responsible for your job duties until you actually retire. But working in a department with mandatory minimum staffing, availability of the time for you to miss. We currently have someone who is draining their time before they retire this...
  8. C

So before you make anymore assumptions about me you should know that I would rather die than call out sick. I am the guy everyone hate because I will show up sick because I was guilted about calling out sick once years ago. Beyond that I think we are mostly on the same page. Its a no win...
  9. C

On face value no. But in a world is increasingly not rewarding people who tough it out, there is less and less reason to never miss work. My job used to pay out unused vacation upon retirement. Now they will pay 1 week, anything else is forfeit. We used to be able to carry some vacation between...
  10. C

I'm not on that bandwagon but considering the "pressure" placed on some people to never miss work, I can understand it.
  11. C

Score Keeping Questions

This may be somewhat assumed but feel I should state it anyway. Ordinary Effort based on your location at time of contact. For example, the whole Outfield is playing really shallow, batter smacks one deep to Center and it hits the ground. If the OF was playing at normal depth the CF would have...
  12. C

My dad just retired last year after 37 years. Their payout was a small percentage of a small number of days.
  13. C

Highly doubt she will get even close to 300 days worth of time paid out even at a reduced rate.
  14. C

Ohio Heritage Conference 2024

Played in: Tie between Beating Central at their place my senior year and beating Tecumseh at their place the same year. Honorable Mention: Round 1 playoff game @goshen. We were supposed to be trounced. We were up 14 points within 30 seconds. Watched: 2019 Shawnee at Bellefontaine. Crazy back...
  15. C

Driving Pet Peeves

Merged behind some guy from Illinois this morning who refused to go over 55 while merging. The ramp is long and straight so no reason not to be going at least 65 by the time you go to merge.
  16. C

Driving Pet Peeves

Add to it the people who are trying to time the light, so they are halfway across the intersection before it turns green.
  17. C

Philadelphia Flyers Coach does BS move.....

He states he was informed of the Detroit score just after the Caps goal.
  18. C

Crazy Work Stories

New year of goals, same horsesh*t as last year.
  19. C

Driving Pet Peeves

I was attempting to merge onto I70 yesterday. I come Parallel with the lanes of travel and am slightly ahead of a car in the right most lane. I speed up to make sure I have clear distance before merging and so does he. I ended up going 90 trying to merge.
  20. C

Driving Pet Peeves

I will when the drivers in the roundabout leave space to merge.