Search results

1. H

Former Worthington Christian Coach arrested

https://www.10tv.com/mobile/article/news/local/worthington-christian-head-of-school-releases-statement-sex-charges-against-former-basketball-coach/530-b9820c0c-4865-49fc-b63a-fdd996e0f8e2
  2. H

Attendance?

I don’t think you would. I think people just wouldn’t go.
  3. H

Attendance?

$5 in 1985 money would be $14.71 today adjusted for inflation, so $16 is only a marginal price increase.
  4. H

New National Spring Prep League Introduced.

Quick change of tune from “no one can stop us from paying players” to “so these markets we can’t pay the players”
  5. H

Whitmer's leading scorer played with 5 fouls in 4Q of D1 Regional Final

I don’t understand Garfield Heights voluntarily joining an organization who has a rule that says (paraphrasing) “once the game is final, it’s over, and no video can or will be used to change the outcome,” then asking said organization not to follow their own rule, then suing when they don’t get...
  6. H

Will the State Tournament be moved in the near future?

Nationwide is now also the home venue for the Columbus Fury (women’s volleyball) so that’d be one more thing to have to schedule around.
  7. H

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

Schools could vote to override the OHSAA on literally anything they want to. They just like to complain instead of doing any actual work to improve the organization they’re voluntary members of.
  8. H

Will the State Tournament be moved in the near future?

OHSAA’s contract with the Schott ends after the 2024-25 season. OHSAA would love to keep it there, the question is will OSU even do it or say no.
  9. H

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

Their 2022 financial statement, so after PPP loans were all done, show a mere 25,000 in grants. So sure, I guess that could be tax money. But there’s no specification it’s a GOVERNMENT grant. It could be a grant from a charity, etc. even if it is a government grant, like I said, that’s a...
  10. H

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

That’s their PPP loan.
  11. H

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

Do you think part of the problem is the fact that for the second time in the last~3 years, the OHSAA wrestling admin quit midseason?
  12. H

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

All the sources I just listed. OHSAA posts all their financials online.
  13. H

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

OHSAA receives 0 tax dollars. 80% of their income is from ticket sales. 10% from sponsorships, 8% or so from referee dues. Any amount they get directly from schools, which would be the closest you could say to filtered down tax dollars, is a rounding error on their balance sheet.
  14. H

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

The board of directors are all school employees, if that’s what you mean, but the people in columbus working day to day are not government employees.
  15. H

Opting Up to Division I Among Referendum Items Approved for Spring Vote

It’ll pass easy. All the lower divisions schools will vote for it hoping that people utilize it. The real question is does anyone actually do it.
  16. H

New Jersey Boys Basketball...Winning Shot Overturned...Chaos

I would accept the outcome, because in this case, the school voluntarily agreed to be a member of an organization knowing they have a rule that says “outcomes are final even if they’re wrong.” You signed up to play by that ruleset. You don’t get to change it when it doesn’t suit you.
  17. H

New Jersey Boys Basketball...Winning Shot Overturned...Chaos

No court will overturn an incorrect call by a ref. Precedent is always on sticking with the call, even if incorrect. Courts would do nothing but review games if they started doing this.
  18. H

Olentangy Liberty hockey coach Kevin Alexander retains lawyer amid school investigation

I agree. Honestly what’s worse to me than the reported behavior is his response to it. Minimize and quit? Dont like that.
  19. H

Olentangy Liberty hockey coach Kevin Alexander retains lawyer amid school investigation

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/high-school/ice-hockey/2024/03/05/olentangy-liberty-high-hockey-coaching-investigation-kevin-alexander/72852033007/?utm_source=dispatch-newsalert-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsalert&utm_term=hero&utm_content=ncod-columbus-nletter01 This article...
  20. H

OHSAA Tournament Upsets

So if a JV player had made the layup it’d be ok. Very specific rule set you have.