Search results

1. E

Ohio State at NCAAs

Must not have been held back if you follow this forums threads.
  2. E

16 year old freshman and 20year old seniors .

My son is a hockey player for US and is 15 1/2 and 6'2" but only 150 lbs. This year he was the last cut from varsity and was bummed. I understood why but pointed out that all the sophomores who made that team would be turning 17 during the school year. I could have held him back but for what...
  3. E

16 year old freshman and 20year old seniors .

I've read enough comments on this forum that leads me to believe many of the people posting should have been held back. 17 is the new normal as a sophomore and you can blame Malcolm Gladwell. Don't think this is exclusive to wrestling for a second. Talent beats age in most cases.
  4. E

Centerville vs St Ignatius State Final

No the NIL fund is my taxes paying for public school kids. My disposable income is what pays for tuition.
  5. E

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

It's those math skills that made you a great cyo accountant.
  6. E

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 8 - Richard Figueroa - ASU 133 - 6 - Vito Arujau - COR 141 - 14 - Jesse Vasquez - ASU 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 3 - Meyer Shapiro - COR 165 - 2 - Mitchell Mesenbrink - PSU 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 5 - Lenny Pinto - NEB 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 4 - Cohlton...
  7. E

Match prediction accuracy for the full season - DubStat

Maybe change your moniker to "Moneymat" because this yappi wrestling forum has its own Bill James. Interesting read.
  8. E

Division II Team Race?

If my aunt had testicles she would be my uncle.
  9. E

2024 Boro Fan Almanac

I am always envious as a hockey parent of the amount of focus and discussion that goes on in these pages. Boro Fan and Dubstat you do great work and are worthy heirs to a legacy of detailed prognostication. The Brakeman report fueled my interest in the sport as far back as I can remember. Great...
  10. E

Division II Team Race?

Ed's has like 35 team state championships since '78. That doesn't include dual team SC. Graham is a great D2 program and probably best D2 wrestling program ever, but Ed's legacy is just better. It's just a fact. Was there years when SPG was better, for sure. But you can't give SPG credit for...
  11. E

Division II Team Race?

Grahams run is great but Graham folks want to have it both ways. On one hand you will lament the Ed's and Walsh's of the world for recruiting, and in the next sentence you will tout DT as Graham Local Parisian. In the end Graham acts like any other parochial school. Graham has had some great...
  12. E

Division II Team Race?

Yes. Totally Irrelevant to greatest in US sports. Nobody but local Marion's would consider themselves relevant to being considered greatest HS football program ever.
  13. E

Division II Team Race?

Fake News. Maybe if the did that in D1. Plenty of years that they might have won D1 but not 23 in a row. Ed's is still king but SPG isn't far behind. This is coming from a Wildcat who pays Prepper tuition.
  14. E

2023-2024 St. Ignatius hockey

Anyone else having problem buying tickets
  15. E

2024 Boro Fan Almanac

Is Graham going to win team title? Looks like Buckeye has a lot of kids left in semis vs what SPG has left.
  16. E

Olentangy Liberty hockey coach Kevin Alexander retains lawyer amid school investigation

They were in sweet 16 for the state how bad are things going? I think the difference is they are missing 5 kids from the AAA ranks and Juniors that showed up for their Senior year last year. Public schools don't recruit
  17. E

2024 Boro Fan Almanac

I have never said a bad thing about your son nor would I. Nor would I condone someone suckered punching you. I respect someone standing up for their family and I don't have a Facebook account. Good luck to your son he already has an apparent strong work ethic.
  18. E

2024 Boro Fan Almanac

I believe Boro Fan was right here and dubstat wrong but you were upset with Boro fan and exclaimed he was so off base but he ended up being right and you had to change your user name. Phew, it's hard to keep track. Congrats to all the boys who qualified.