Search results

1. Heelinohio

Battle of Pickerington - OCC

I am a huge 'Pickerington' fan - North and Central. I had a kid at both (long ago), so I am completely unbiased. I jump on the bandwagon of whichever team has the best chance of advancing deeper into the playoffs. Last year, I saw each school play 6 times (i think). Enough to realize Central was...
  2. Heelinohio

Bishop Watterson...really???

While it wasn't a 'well-played' game by either team, I was glad to see that BW never simply rolled over. The Tigers are going to have to step their game up if they're going to win a state championship. This is not a vintage Pickerington team, but they do have a star and some good role players...
  3. Heelinohio

Bishop Watterson...really???

What is going on?? First you knock off Marysville - denying us the much anticipated Olentangy vs. Marysville game... Now you beat #1 Olentangy denying us the "Game of the Year" in Central Ohio: Pick Central vs. Olentangy... Oh my... Explain how you lost to Teays Valley by 24 pts??!! (a team PC...
  4. Heelinohio

OHSAA Tournament Upsets

I was there. Did not seem like an 'upset' other than reputation. Berlin had the two best players on the court. I don't see them going much further though.
  5. Heelinohio

Oak Hill Academy vs. Reynoldsburg

Oak Hill Academy DESTROYED Reynoldsburg today 78-46. Ouch!! Well, I guess I see why nobody from Reynoldsburg commented on my original post... This beat down kinda puts OCC basketball into perspective, as I was thinking the Raiders were a really good team. This comes right after the Raiders...
  6. Heelinohio

Oak Hill Academy vs. Reynoldsburg

Reynoldsburg is playing at 'vaunted' Oak Hill Academy on 2/19. Oak Hill very rarely plays against REAL high schools, especially public ones. When they do play the publics, they usually destroy them... Can someone from Raider Nation fill us in on how this game came about? Are you playing their #1...
  7. Heelinohio

OHSAA Hopes To Return To The Fairgrounds Coliseum for State Basketball Tournament In 2025

Ohio Dominican and Otterbein only hold 1,500 -1,800... At least the Fairgrounds has size going for it - although not much else. Totally embarrassing that last year's Pick Central vs. Olentangy Orange regional final had to be played at Ohio University.
  8. Heelinohio

Pick North got cheated

Exactly... There were several regular season games where PN was pretty much a 'no-show' as well. This time it caught up w/ them. I cannot imagine how every single aspect of inspired football was missing when so much was on the line... It is very hard to be a PN fan.
  9. Heelinohio

Both teams are very well coached and fun to watch. Very different approaches though. PN is sometimes frustrating because they run the same sets and look for "perfect" shots and pass up lots of good ones in the process. If they can find some outside shooting they'll be really good. PC is loaded...
  10. Heelinohio

If last night's game surprised anyone, they simply were paying attention... Unlike PC, these Panthers never truly played to their full potential. At their best, they were talented enough to contend for a state title. On the other hand, they were quite fortunate to win vs. New Albany, Westerville...
  11. Heelinohio

So they'll be eligible to play 5 games and then be done??? Why would anyone good transfer if they could only play a handful of games. How did anyone benefit from the transfer of the Ohio State-bound RB to PN or the highly-rated TE who went to Pick Central? Complete waste for the schools and the...
  12. Heelinohio

I'm a die-hard, 30+ year Pickerington football guy, so I truly hope I'm wrong! I also hope Deuce's injury wasn't serious... I had forgotten he was just a junior. I also hope Spiva returns next year. Just wonder if he's the STAR basketball player this season (that I think he'll be!) if he'll come...
  13. Heelinohio

I'm worried about Central's future. They lose a lot of senior starters - not that any of them were 'great', but they were all pretty good. The JV was not impressive and, other than the QB and K. Alexander, all of the key offensive players graduate. There seems to be an extreme resistance to...
  14. Heelinohio

Friday Finals (11/3/23)

Triple OT. Game of the night!
  15. Heelinohio

Central played with lots of heart - as did UA. In the end though, PC's slight talent advantage was more than off-set by UA's coaching prowess on offense... From my vantage point, it seemed UA's TD pass was really an incomplete pass. High school DBs generally don't know HOW to defend, so even...
  16. Heelinohio

The new stadium is so NOT special... definitely no real increase in seating capacity. Totally generic... just a little D-3 caliber set-up literally in the middle of an empty corn field. The designers must not have consulted any "real" PC folks. How else do we end up with 'lavender' seating, not...
  17. Heelinohio

Agree! The Tigers still love that 1980s power-I tailback up the middle on 1st down. Usually good for a 2 yd loss (haha!). Can they play any better? Smarter? I'm not sure. Other than Rocco's personal found, one false start, and the refs having to lecture Terry (after an x-pt) about driving a...
  18. Heelinohio

I went to the Pick Central vs New Albany game. Expected a dogfight... Instead, PC played their best game of the season and rolled 42-16! PC finally diversified the offense. QB actually passed the ball on TWO consecutive plays. Wow!! Maybe, just maybe, they're realizing they've got a potentially...
  19. Heelinohio

Hubbard must absolutely LOVE to play against the Pickeringtons... Neither can tackle him...Can only hope he fumbles 2-3 times per game. I think you could take the best 11 PC and PN defensive players, put them on one team and Hubbard would still put up 240 yards rushing!! As a Pickerington fan, I...
  20. Heelinohio

If you were at the PC - Lancaster game, you know the Gales were the more impressive team. Tigers grabbed an interception late in the 4th to hold on 21-14. PC should win, but I won't be shocked if they don't.