Search results

1. T

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Just to throw it out there, I don't think this characterization of the WBL is accurate. 6 of the 10 WBL schools have played a MAC school in non-league play in the past five years. The four who haven't all have their own thing going on week 1 and do fine with scheduling. New Bremen just finished...
  2. T

Caitlin Clark leads Iowa back to Final Four, scoring 41 points in 94-87 win over defending champ LSU

A lot of players whine about the calls (or no calls). CC does often, but she isn't the only one.
  3. T

Caitlin Clark leads Iowa back to Final Four, scoring 41 points in 94-87 win over defending champ LSU

I guess I'm not seeing the officiating bias. A lot of these fouls on SC players look pretty valid. And evidenced by Caitlin Clark looking to the officials and complaining after a missed shot, she's not getting every call going her way.
  4. T

SC has insane depth. Cardosa was resting on the bench in the 2Q and Iowa was still getting rejected in the paint and unable to collect offensive rebounds. SC is a top tier team. UI has the X factor, but not sure that will be enough. Should be a great second half.
  5. T

Rebounding/second chance points is the story of the game so far. Not fouls.
  6. T

2024 WBL talk

Good luck to the Lady Titans as they play for the DIII state title this afternoon against Columbus Africentric. And then again later this evening as the boys team takes on Margaretta at BGSU for the regional title. Ottawa-Glandorf basketball is just a beast of a program. Best of luck!
  7. T

2024 WBL talk

The WBL winter sports champions have been crowned: Boys Basketball -- Ottawa-Glandorf Girls Basketball -- Ottawa-Glandorf Boys Bowling -- St Marys Memorial Girls Bowling -- St Marys Memorial Boys Swimming -- Shawnee Girls Swimming -- Ottawa-Glandorf Wrestling -- Wapakoneta O-G just on fire...
  8. T

Lima Shawnee Names New Football Coach - Shane Wireman

Shawnee was in the D3 football playoffs as recent as two years ago and won their first round game. They upgraded their football facility too and have turf now. The WBL is a tough league, but Shawnee has had competitive seasons in the past. There's no reason to believe they can't in the future.
  9. T

2024 WBL talk

For those that don't have twitter, the post says: Shawnee is set to hire Shane Wireman as their school’s head football coach.Wireman held a 48-34 record in 8 seasons with Waynesfield, who have had back-to-back 10-0 seasons, both ending with NWCC titles.
  10. T

2024 WBL talk

11. T

2024 WBL talk

This was maybe one of my favorite early storylines this past season. Defiance was just on fire with their 2-pt conversion attempts. It was incredible. I'm not sure where they finished with their 2-pt conversion rate, but agreed probably a lot less stressful to just get a reliable kicker.
  12. T

2024 WBL talk

Probably because they've already played three times and are 0-3 against the Flyers. Wapak's probably tired of losing their week one game. They're also under no obligation to continue the series. It's common with football scheduling to do a home-and-home or limited series and then move on.
  13. T

DI Springfield vs St Edward Updates (12/01/23)

https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?gid=ohsaa&t=1
  14. T

DVI Kirtland vs Versailles Updates (12/01/23)

It's not lame that Versailles attempted an onside kick after their score. It's the other team's job to stop you. Versailles kept fighting and Kirtland made the stop by recovering the onside kick. That's football. You play until the very end.
  15. T

Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

What's the deal with Kirtland's kicker? Two missed XPs and no attempt at a short field goal? Is it weather or does Kirtland not have a consistent kicking game?
  16. T

Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

No, there are two others: DI: St. Edward (14-1) vs. Springfield (10-5) DIV: Archbishop Alter (12-3) vs. Glenville (12-3)
  17. T

DV State Final: Perry vs Liberty Center

Not that it really matters, but it was by 28. Drew was only off by 9 points as opposed to 16.
  18. T

Western Buckeye League 2023

Final WBL Standings 1. Celina -- 12-3 (8-1) -- State Semifinalist/Region 12 Champion 1. Wapakoneta -- 10-3 (8-1) -- Regional Semifinalist 3. Van Wert -- 8-4 (6-3) -- Playoffs Second Round 3. Defiance -- 8-4 (6-3) -- Playoffs Second Round 3. St Marys -- 7-5 (6-3) -- Playoffs Second Round 6. Elida...
  19. T

Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Whether it's about making the playoffs or relief for the bottom of the league; I don't think the scheduling system is particularly necessary. As others have said, with 16-teams per region now the playoff point is now a moot point. Teams are making the postseason with losing records (i.e. St...
  20. T

Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

I think y'all MAC folks give too much credit to this scheduling system. I'm not saying the scheduling system is bad; I'm saying I think there are more important variables other than skipping one singular league foe during one singular week of a ten week football season. As an outsider, it's...