Search results

1. C

Another HS site bites the dust

It looks like OVAthletics has bit the dust. The local forum covering eastern Ohio and WV panhandle and the OVAC seems to no longer exist. It seems it would be difficult to succeed just covering a small region. Yappi covers the entire state and more which for me is preferable.
  2. C

Martins Ferry & Chad Brinker

A great read about a very special young man who made his way from Ferry to an NFL front office. His road and some of the battles he faced are highlighted. https://theathletic.com/5164184/2023/12/28/tennessee-titans-nfl-chad-brinker-packers-martins-ferry/
  3. C

Marion Local Dominance

Has there ever been another dynasty that was as dominant as Marion Local is now? I’m thinking no. It would be nice if no one turns this topic into uncivilized insults.
  4. C

Marion Local

Has there ever been another dynasty that was as dominant as Marion Local is now? I’m thinking no. It would be nice if no one turns this topic into an uncivilized type.
  5. C

Multiple Division Titles

How many schools have won Titles in 3 or more divisions? I’ll start with my beloved Big Red who has won titles in D2, D3 and D4.
  6. C

Head scratching games/Scores 🤷‍♂️

The WGH-ASVSM game was a strange one. ASVSM won rather handily in the regular season 42-28. Then loses by 5 touchdowns and getting shut out by Harding. Does anyone know of any other head scratchers?
  7. C

100 Playoff wins

It looks like Marion Local will reach it’s 100th playoff win this year. That is an insanely impressive number. I think Newark Catholic has 87. I don’t think anyone is even close to 100.
  8. C

Please….. football talk only, Can anyone challenge Glenville in D4

Obviously Glenville is the absolute clear cut favorite to win the D4 title. Can anyone pull the upset and I’d like to hear thoughts on how you deal with a team when the talent gap is so large at nearly every position. Glenville is giving 63 D4 teams the opportunity to shock the Ohio HS football...
  9. C

Worst record to make title game

After reading Calif_eagle’s post, which I thoroughly enjoyed it gave me an idea for this topic. What school has made it to the final game with the most regular season losses? I know DeSales made it to final game in 2005 with a 6-4 record. (I thought it was 5-5)
  10. C

High powered high scoring offenses

Does having a high scoring, quick strike offense automatically reduce the expectations on the defensive side of the ball?
  11. C

Glenville, a nice read and flattering article

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/09/beyond-superman-and-the-tarblooders-a-tour-through-clevelands-glenville-neighborhood.html there is a serious history to the Glenville area.
  12. C

Ohio takes a step backwards

After all the braggadocio in week one about Ohio beating all these other powers, I saw some scores showing Ohio schools taking it in the chin from out of state schools tonight.
  13. C

Glenville or Ginn Academy?

Which is the school that the football program represents? Are they the Tarblooders of Ginn Academy or the Tarblooders of Cleveland Glenville? Not looking for a fight or to cast any dispersion. My understanding is they are two separate schools. I know everyone refers to them as Cleveland...
  14. C

Losing seasons

I created this topic so I can boast a little. That said, how many losing seasons (under .500) has your school had since 1980. The Mighty Big Red has exactly 1.
  15. C

Massillon Population question

How has Massillon managed to remain steady population wise? So many Ohio manufacturing or steel towns like Warren, Youngstown, Ironton, Canton, Steubenville have lost up to 1/2 of their population. From what I can tell the Massillon population has remained steady since the 70’s while everyone...
  16. C

Greatest individual defensive performance you’ve ever seen

For me it was over 40 years ago and it still is today. As my dad and I watched the game we decided this kid will be an all American immediately. Chris Spielman against Moeller in the state title game was unreal. I wish I had the stats but I know he had at least 30 tackles in Ohio Stadium...
  17. C

OSU Offers Sam Williams -Dixon

I saw where the Buckeyes offered RB Sam Dixon Williams from West Holmes. I watched some video of the kid. Very nice RB on a good team. But after watching Sperling, Hester, Hartson, Marshall, I think those 4 are better runners. Obviously Ryan Day and Tony Alford know more than I do when it comes...
  18. C

Willtrell Hartson

I’m a little confused. Hartson just committed as a preferred walk-in at OSU. Saw the kid many times via streaming and you tube videos. The kid was special and a D1 power 5 RB. Ohio State struggling to even sign a RB this cycle. Why would they not offer him the full ride. He’s as good as any...
  19. C

Small Rosters

Is D7 loaded with teams that have less than 30 man rosters? And can a team be highly competitive with 25-30 man rosters.
  20. C

Competitive Balance

I think I have the general idea of how this works. I know The Big Red has a CB number of 37. I looked at some other schools numbers and the general range seems to be 10-40. Then I just saw that Hoban has a CB number of 190. Can someone explain to me what the criteria is to get 1 CB tally?