Search results

1. wolves82

2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

Disagree all you want, you are wrong when it comes to the Big 10. Baseball revenue is 16% of women's basketball. LOL.
  2. wolves82

Cleveland Guardians

Their bargain basement roster is trash, except for Gelof and maybe Ruiz. This is not Moneyball 2. It is April 23. In the MLB bad teams beat good teams 35 or 40% of the time, and even bad teams have good streaks. Water always finds its level over the long haul. Check back at the end of...
  3. wolves82

The Official 2024 Reds season thread

You explained it very well. - No one hits Suarez this year. He has 25 straight scoreless innings now - As I've posted multiple time, the Reds struggle against even mediocre lefties. Why? Well, McLain, Marte and Friedl all mash lefties, for one. For another, Bell insists on benching Fraley...
  4. wolves82

a) There are only 2 sports that really matter, in terms of revenue and reputation b) Michigan finished a distant last in the Big 10 in basketball this year. A few transfers does not mean they are "destroying" anyone. c) OSU was destroying Michigan in football until a certain cheating...
  5. wolves82

Cleveland Guardians

Guards are off to a great start for sure, but the next 9 games are Boston, Atlanta and Houston. Cleveland should hope to go 5-4 in that stretch, but more likely will go 4-5 or 3-6. And you will be the first one on here posting about embarrassing losses.
  6. wolves82

Let's not jinx the kid, but I agree. 21 games, 6 HR, 15 RBI, 20 Runs, 10 SB. Most importantly his OBP is .412 - nearing Votto territory - thanks to the 12 walks. When he is on base he is very impactful. Elly is on pace for: 46 HR, 115 RBI, 154 Runs, 77 SB. Of course this will not happen...
  7. wolves82

One thing is for sure, the NIL and portal with zero regulation or rules has damaged college basketball. It is impossible to build a team for the future, impossible to foster team chemistry, and impossible for fans to follow "their guys". I am hating all this nonsense. It does keep this forum...
  8. wolves82

Fairchild - .250 BA, 0 HR, .593 OPS. Below average productivity. A few key misplays in CF. Decent guy to have on the bench. Benson - after a quick start - bad. .186 BA, .288 OBP, zero for his last 16. We miss Friedl quite a bit.
  9. wolves82

Stop with the drama - this "disharmony" sounds like talk radio crap invented to have something to blather about. I have never seen Elly unhappy with anyone. Nobody cheers more when other Reds do well. I agree in principal that Elly should bat higher than 6th, but he did bat 2nd yesterday...
  10. wolves82

Agreed. I think we all know the Reds have not played their best ball yet, and are missing key guys, so 12-9 is excellent. I would happily take 12-9 the next 21 games also. But the schedule gets really tough now: - 4 against the Phillies who have won 6 straight. - 3 @ Texas - WS champs Then...
  11. wolves82

I hear you in terms of their misplays in CF. Bubba was brought in for speed and defense. Make that catch - it was in the webbing. His offense is non-existent so he needs to be flawless on D. But Fairchild is growing on me. He is hitting lefties pretty well. A nice guy to have on the bench...
  12. wolves82

Lodolo is the clear ace of the staff at this point. Hopefully that 8th inning woke up the bats.
  13. wolves82

Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

LOL. Spreading your "knowledge" on other threads I see. It is only 20 games or so, but you made your judgement after 3 or 4, so why not... Elly De La Cruz: 19 games, 6 HR, 14 RBI, 10 SB, 18 Runs, .290 BA, 1.002 OPS, 25K Oneil Cruz: 20 games, 3 HR, 6 RBI, 1 SB, 8 Runs, .222 BA...
  14. wolves82

Yeah, Bell claims to be a metrics guy. Based on the numbers maybe Martini, Elly, Benson and Fraley should be batting above Fairchild and Stephenson. But lefty/righty rules all for our Ding-a-Ling Bell. Whatever bug CES and Candelario have must be nasty. Get well soon boys.
  15. wolves82

Hardman is what 6'3"? Apples and oranges. Battle could bang but was slow afoot and could not jump. I hear what you are saying about not being able to bang inside, but we need lengthy wing shooters. I know nothing about the kid, but if Diebler is looking at him hard, he may fit the bill. At...
  16. wolves82

He won't stay at 190 in the OSU weight program. Judging a young player on his build is ridiculous. Can he play? Can he shoot? How is his court IQ? Focus on what matters. You probably would not have wanted the heavy kid on NC State either.
  17. wolves82

So you are admitting you were wrong when you said guys today don't care whether they pitch or not.
  18. wolves82

I am certain all of the young pitchers are uber competitive and want to pitch. I would imagine that when Bell told Greene he was coming out, Greene told him "I'm good" or "I can go another inning", or something like that. But I have no idea what was said. What do you want him to do, have a...
  19. wolves82

Cleveland Browns 2024 Edition

Agreed. If you are a big time player that might make a teams' HOF or ring of honor, then sure. Not these two guys though..
  20. wolves82

Comparing a kid with a 9-21 career record to guys that have won multiple Cy Young awards is just crazy. Greene does not have the track record or street cred to tell the manager what to do. And you making assumptions that guys don't care whether they pitch or not is also insane. You have no...