Search results

1. U

Bassett just teched former NCAA champ Ashnault

According to multiple sources it was January 28th, 1955, so he was indeed 17...
  2. U

Best PSU team ever? Best NCAA team ever?

Ryan has gotten several NCAA team trophies... I think you meant to say his only championship.
  3. U

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

This would be too much work for anyone to figure out, but '97 Iowa would have had more majors and techs with today's 3 point takedowns and up to 4 point nearfalls.
  4. U

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 4 - Matt Ramos - PUR 133 - 10 - Aaron Nagao - PSU 141 - 8 - Sergio Lemley - MICH 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 2 - Jacori Teemer - ASU 165 - 5 - Dean Hamiti - WIS 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 6 - Bernie Truax - PSU 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 3 - Wyatt Hendrickson - AF
  5. U

D 1 106 Final

Jim, even though you didn't make the call, and even though nothing will change it at this point, can you please help us understand whether the move in the video is legal or not?
  6. U

2024 B10 Pick'Em

125 8. Brendan McCrone (OSU) 133 5. Aaron Nagao (PSU) 141 3. Real Woods (IOWA) 149 2. Austin Gomez (MICH) 157 9. Trevor Chumbley (NU) 165 6. Cameron Amine (MICH) 174 4. Edmond Ruth (ILL) 184 10. Roman Rogotzke (IND) 197 7. John Poznanski (RUT) 285 1. Greg Kerkvliet (PSU)
  7. U

Another Rough Day for Officials

Absolutely
  8. U

OSU / MSU

I hear ya, it's a lot to keep track of, and the scorer's table still messes it up half the time, but this rule's been in place for a while. I forget when they put it in place. They do the same thing (i.e. hold riding time) if the ref gets to a 5 count when the top man drops down to an ankle.
  9. U

OSU / MSU

There is indeed a rule in college that the riding time gets paused while the bottom man gets his chance for a "free move" during a locked hands call.
  10. U

Honoring Career Wins

I think it was.
  11. U

Honoring Career Wins

Agreed. I forget the exact stat but roughly half of the senior level men's freestyle team wrestled the lightest weight class at some point in their high school career (hint - Dake and Taylor were two of them).
  12. U

Best PSU team ever? Best NCAA team ever?

Nice work putting that together. The real monkey wrench is how many of their decisions would become majors, or majors become techs, under today's match scoring of 3 point takedowns and up to 4 point nearfalls.
  13. U

The OSU VS. The UM

Well said. I was glad when Shane Sparks called out Ben Askren for saying that some DI college wrestlers "suck."
  14. U

Coach's come develop and grow as a wrestler and as a coach!

Sounds cool - I just wish it were closer to home for me!
  15. U

Opponent needed Boys Wrestling 1/26/2024

Has an opponent been found?
  16. U

Scoring concern in Wrestling Tournaments

Agree. I used Track in 2022. It was the first time I hosted a tournament, as prior to that I had only ever hosted duals, tri's, and dual tournaments. It was relatively straightforward, and the settings for team scoring can be set to whatever is needed.
  17. U

Opponent needed Boys Wrestling 1/26/2024

I'm just commenting as a fan who enjoys Beauty and the Beast matches, so I don't have an opponent for you, but I may be interested in watching - what time is the event?
  18. U

What wrestling should be ( Rivercup Grudge)

Great post Keith. I love a good dual. I went to high school in Illinois, and most every dual was Friday night. Freshmen and JV wrestled first, and then we'd move to just one mat and varsity would wrestle with only the center light on. Every other school in our conference did that as well...
  19. U

Hold Backs Getting out of Control...

That is one of the best points in this whole thread.
  20. U

Powerade

I just watched that sequence half a dozen times, and wow! The scrambles at the end of the 3rd and SV were nice, too.