Search results

1. 1

D7 R25 2024

Kaleb Reed did coach three seasons at Dalton. He took over in the summer of 2019 and left in the spring of 2022. Other coaches since Ben Holt left were Matt Monter (2 seasons), Justin Greenfelder (1+ seasons), and Cody Huth (<1 season). Seems like there is a great possibility of another coach...
  2. 1

Anyone Selling State Tournament Tickets

Anyone have 2 books of tickets available for next week's OHSAA state tournament? Looking for good, lower level seats........would even be interested in Center Court Club tickets if anyone has them. PM me with details if you are looking to get rid of some.
  3. 1

WCAL

For all of the talk about the WCAL being down compared to previous years, the conference has fared relatively well in this year's tournament. Smithville scored a huge upset win in the sectional finals, and then hung tough for a half with eventual district champion Canton Central Catholic. Dalton...
  4. 1

dalton football coach resigns

Yeah. Probably not the style most Dalton fans will be excited about. Successful Dalton teams have always been physical, blue collar type teams. This will be a tough transition. Dalton does have some good receivers returning. Sophomore QB will face a learning curve though.
  5. 1

What style of football do his teams play? Are his teams typically run heavy?
  6. 1

Maybe not completely bare..........but there are several classes in the system who struggle mightily to scratch out any wins in several sports. You never want to write kids off in middle school, but it is very unlikely that a team goes from a league bottom feeder in middle school to a top 1-3...
  7. 1

Well said...…..absolutely true. As was mentioned before when discussing Smithville's fall from football glory, it seems that some of the decision makers in Dalton have bought into the idea that Dalton is so chock-full of athletes that they can just hire any coach and keep winning. Boy oh boy are...
  8. 1

Not completely, but it has definitely played a role. There are surely a few kids in each class who would be on the football field if they were not able to play soccer. Those kids would help the football team. In rarer cases, you have a kid like 2022 grad Carter Fath, whose best sport would have...
  9. 1

I do not want to be that guy...........but having 80% of the Smithie youth playing soccer and having the option of continuing their soccer careers until they graduate high school has not helped the Smithies once proud football program. Smithville has a dominant freshmen class entering the high...
  10. 1

WCAL

Norwayne is clearly the best team in the WCAL. They won the league by 4 games. Bobcats are still probably going out in the sectionals. They simply have not seen athleticism like they will see from Buchtel. The state choosing the officials will make this unlike normal Norwayne home games too...
  11. 1

WCAL

This did not age well. Smithies are hapless this year. I think most would agree that Corey Kaufman is a very passionate coach who knows the game. It remains to be seen whether or not he can win big at Smithville. Keeping kids in the program and individual talent development seem to be the...
  12. 1

Malvern assistant coach Jeremy Taylor has interviewed for the Dalton football job. Any other names out there who have applied/interviewed?
  13. 1

WCAL

Norwayne's tournament draw is an eye opener for sure. They have to beat Buchtel and Glenville to make it to the district finals. Beating established teams full of athletes like Buchtel & Glenville would be uncharted waters for Norwayne. Griffins and Tarblooders are pretty well coached too. These...
  14. 1

WCAL

The better teams will not just let him shoot. Norwayne does avoid the juggernaut programs like Richmond Heights and Lutheran East with their move up to D2. They will still be huge underdogs if they advance to regionals in D2. I will be really impressed if they win a district title this year in...
  15. 1

Names I've heard floated around as possible applicants are Brian Baum (North Canton), Justin Stutz (North Canton), Evan Berbari (Ashland University), and Broc Dial. Apparently Broc Dial is trying to get the job back. Three of those four names have Dalton ties.
  16. 1

WCAL

Does not seem that way. Seems like Norwayne being 20+ points better than everyone else in the league has drained interest in the thread. Who has the best shot in the league to make a deep tournament run? Norwayne getting pounded in the Battle at the Berkey by an average Olentangy team makes me...
  17. 1

WCAL

With the Justin Greenfelder era seemingly over at Dalton and the Cody Huth era beginning a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would research how unstable the Dalton boys basketball head coaching position has been recently. Since March 1, 2017, Dalton has had 5 different head coaches (Holt, Monter...
  18. 1

IVC 23-24

Richmond Heights schedule has been as tough as I have ever seen from an Ohio high school team. Maybe St V had a tougher schedule during LeBron's senior year. Richmond Heights played Lutheran East on the third night of a tough 3 games in 3 nights stretch. They played a really good Thornton team...
  19. 1

WCAL

New Dalton coach Huth and staff did a great job of preparing for the Norwayne press. Dalton shot layups and wide open shots pretty much the entire first quarter when Norwayne was pressing. Norwayne adjusted after the first quarter and quit pressing until very late in the game. Dalton only scored...
  20. 1

WCAL

Agreed. Norwayne racked up three district titles in a row playing in the Wooster district. Having the super districts are a game changer. Going D2 is an even bigger change. It will be tough for Norwayne to reach a district title game this year. The teams up north have very little fear when it...