Search results

1. C

Beat St X!!!

Great game. Agree the time stopping on Elders last play of their drive before the TD was a huge factor in St X even having time. The 2pt decision was the only decision. You know the 2nd overtime if Elder scores 7 and the X scores they go for 2. So just do it now. Thank goodness I watched...
  2. C

Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

Everything everyone is saying is so right except for cincifbfan. Most of us have been saying this for years, just not for sports, but to diversify the school. Whatever Elder is doing to do so, which I can see that they are trying, is not good enough. I think it is time to as within the rules...
  3. C

Has a 16 seed ever beaten a 1 seed?

WW by 21+ or more maybe a running clock. They did nothing vs Elder with their season on the line. Could not move the ball or stop Elder. WW May be a notch below Elder or above, IDk but Lasalle is garbage this year.
  4. C

Week 6: Elder (4-1) vs St. Xavier (2-3)

So I thought it was crazy X benched their veteran QB. I talked to people in the know at St X and I guess the starter was mouthing off to his coaches and that spurred the QB change. I hate St X as much as most of you but do admit I love Specht pulling older guys even mid game if they are not...
  5. C

Week 6: Elder (4-1) vs St. Xavier (2-3)

I may be off but I believe Browne dropped at least 2 passes against Louisville X. My opinion from watching him is he is not strong enough once he catches it to keep defenders from knocking it loose once his arms drop down. I actually think you all are overstating his possible impact. Not...
  6. C

Pick Central @ Elder

Yeah time of possession is probably flipped. Elder had the ball for 17 minutes in the 2nd half alone according to the Cincinnati Enquirer game article.
  7. C

2021-2022 Elder Basketball

It will be fine by tonight. With them having school, I can't see them canceling the game.
  8. C

Week 9: Elder(3-5) vs. Football North Canada(1-3)

You act like the kid never played QB before or does not practice at QB. He was a QB his freshman year as well as running back. His sophomore year he played QB at times on Varsity when Luebbe got hurt and was a wildcat QB, running back and wr when Luebbe was in there. I would venture to say he...
  9. C

The point is, a more mobile and running QB is usually better behind a weak oline than a pocket passer. With a pocket passer, the defense can just tee off with blitzes. A mobile QB forces the defense to be a bit more conservative.
  10. C

He is the coaches son and has played QB before. I am sure his dad has coached him up on a lot of what your saying he needs to be able to do.
  11. C

I am not saying run the wildcat plays full time. Run your normal offense like they did with Peyton. Run option plays with Drew and a running back. Hambleton is fine, a good QB, this is about giving them a better chance to win games against the better teams they play. Hambleton is almost no...
  12. C

Curious about something. Why not give Drew a chance at QB? The offensive line is the weakness. Why not have Drew be the QB, be a real threat to run every play and see if it opens up the passing game more? I know we lose Drew as reciever, but we have capable receivers. Right now we just have...
  13. C

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

Here is how I think it may play out. Visi - Jude - St Als Bridgetown Lourdes - St. Antoninus - Victory Theresa - Williams - Dominic Lawrence - Resurrection - Holy Family The larger mergers would like have to keep two school campuses open to accommodate all the students.
  14. C

Also, I am hearing that many parishes may merge schools but keep buildings open by having an separate elementary and middle school campus. For instance, Visi and Jude could merge, reduce their mass schedule to one mass at each church on Sunday, then have grades k-5 at Visi and 6-8 at St Jude.
  15. C

I think many are misguided in what is a thriving parish, in regards to what the AOC considers a thriving parish. This whole process has made it clear that they view church attendance and monetary giving to the church as their clear #1 indicator of how a parish is doing. School enrollment is a...
  16. C

Elder Enrollment Strategy

Have to be realistic. 60 parishes for the entire archdiocese, which goes past Dayton into places like Celina Ohio, means keeping 7 parishes on the westside, in addition to other families is not realistic. That alone, plus the fact that places like Antoninius and Dominic, are less than half...
  17. C

Week 2 Elder(1-0) at Pickerington Central(1-0)

Ramsey is used as a punter when they want to give the punter an option to run. If you notice Ramsey rolls to the side then kicks. He is looking to see if he has a clear lane to get the first down and then kicks it. Elder is purely using Ramsey as a Punter to give them a much better option to...
  18. C

Week 1: Covington Catholic (KY)

P I understand that… but let’s take a step back. Tonight was more than just a game. It was incredible just being back in the Pit. I just hope we can make it through the season going to all the games.
  19. C

Week 1: Covington Catholic (KY)

All I have to say about tonight is what a great night and I was just so happy to be back at the pit on a Friday night with about 7k of my friends. Great crowd. I don’t think any of us know what tonight means going forward on the field, as CovCath is a bit of an unknown with all they had to...
  20. C

Elder Enrollment Strategy

I have been told St. Theresa and St Williams, which is already a pastoral region will be a parish family with one other parish joining them. No immediate closures, however within the next 3-4 years, these three will eventually form one parish and decide the future of the the three schools and...