Search results

1. oxat622

Who's enhancing their stadium in 2024?

Is your school getting new turf? New video board? New stands? New stadium site altogether? Lebanon is tearing down their home stands and expanding in a much much needed way. Leg room and getting in and out was a huge hassle.
  2. oxat622

Bill to possibly ban TikTok passes the House

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/13/house-passes-bill-that-could-lead-to-a-tiktok-ban-fight-shifts-to-the-senate.html Would a ban be a 1st Amendment violation? Is TikTok a national security threat? Do you have any sympathy for Americans who make money through TikTok?
  3. oxat622

Question about club youth soccer

Is it standard practice for clubs to expect families to commit to fall and spring? I ask because my seven year old son did a supplemental tryout for a club program's U8 team and was offered a spot. So we're doing that this spring and are new to this world. In June he has the option to try out...
  4. oxat622

Stadium with the best view

What high school stadium you've been to has the best view from the stands? For me, it's Kings. The home stands are very tall and steep. If you look beyond the south endzone, you can see all the rollercoasters and towers at Kings Island and you can get a free fireworks show if the game goes past...
  5. oxat622

Hudl cameras suck

The motion capture automation or whatever it is has a long way to go. Huge buzzkill to watch a live game or highlight and the camera gets completely lost whenever there's all of a sudden a fast break that probably ends in a dunk that you don't get to see. That is all.
  6. oxat622

Ever see a player play in the 9th grade, JV, and the varsity game on the same day?

I know a family whose son had that happen this weekend. That's a new one for me. I don't think it was a low numbers situation. I'd say if you're good enough to dress for varsity, is the ninth grade game necessary?
  7. oxat622

Tips for coaching instructional sports

I'm head coaching my son's instructional basketball team this winter. All the players are either in Kindergarten or first grade. We had our first practice last night and... well... one or two kids look like they will listen well, most look like I will need to work to keep them engaged, and one...
  8. oxat622

Is your team the conference champion?

If so, post the postgame group photo. Seen a few of these on Twitter over the weekend. I like em. The Greater Miami Conference champion Princeton Vikings
  9. oxat622

Be bold! Pick a HUGE Round 1 upset

I could see #16 Fairfield taking #1 Milford in R4. Milford is good, but they feasted on a league that is more than half D2. I don't think I'd power rank them in the top four in their region. They are also possibly without their starting QB. Fairfield has fallen way short of preseason...
  10. oxat622

New restrictive rules for student fans

In the GMC thread, we're talking about schools implementing restrictive rules for home and away student fans. Colerain and Princeton have posted specific student conduct guidelines. Princeton: Colerain: Have any other schools implemented such guidelines? Will they? Is this necessary...
  11. oxat622

Regular season football will be played this week. Where will YOU be Week 1?

I'ma head over to Lebanon at Springboro
  12. oxat622

Gen Z prefers the trades over college

https://pge.post-gazette.com/.pf/showstory/202307070008/3 Would have a profound impact on higher ed if the trend continues, but overall, I think this is a good development. The college or bust thinking from the prior generations needs to be shaken up. Have to imagine the entire student loan...
  13. oxat622

Ohio congressmen introduce federal NIL bill

https://carey.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-carey-introduces-student-athlete-level-playing-field-act This bill, if enacted, would create a federal standard for NIL that would supersede confusing and conflicting state laws so athletes and universities play by the same standards.It would...
  14. oxat622

Sports memorabilia?

I have an 8.5 x 11 team photo of the 2002 national champion Maryland basketball team that is hand-signed by coach Gary Williams as well as the team's 2002 yearbook. The photo is unframed. Both the photo and the yearbook are in excellent condition. Anyone have experience with selling memorabilia...
  15. oxat622

Bartending and cocktails

I have experience in restaurants, hotels, and private parties. My home bar has all the standard liquors and liqueurs and a few uncommon items that catch my eye. I know the recipes to all the standard cocktails by heart plus tons of other more specific cocktails that you might not know. Would I...
  16. oxat622

Happy State Finals Day!

Purcell and Northwest are underway. I'm in for the D1 final tonight. Who will hoist the trophies when it's all said and done?
  17. oxat622

Cruises

I had never been on a cruise in my life until this past December. We took our kids on the Disney Wish for a four night trip with two stops in the Bahamas. I was skeptical I'd enjoy my time even though I knew the kids would be thrilled. I've heard one person describe cruise ships as giant...
  18. oxat622

Quick question about sectional tickets

Does one ticket get me all games at a site for that day? I'm interested in going to the two games at Lakota West tonight but the OHSAA ticket site has separate options for both games. Do they clear the gym between games? If so, I'm staying home.
  19. oxat622

Wednesday Finals 12/28

Lake Worth (FL) 56 Princeton 54