Search results

1. N

Van Wert Boys Basketball Coach Steps Down

74-67, and a regional runner up, is awful?
  2. N

NW District: first time higher seed hosting. Your thoughts.

While it was interesting to check out a school I had never visited before, I prefer a place where fans of all schools congregate. It was an hour and a half drive and neutral sites aren't perfect but are shorter drives for many people. It's also less games available on the radio as stations can...
  3. N

Western Buckeye League

I did notice that Celina was mostly seniors and figured that could be a game to win next year. This might be Celina's worst stretch ever? I think O-G has passed Celina, but I always liked to fool people by telling them Celina had the most WBL titles, before a few years ago.
  4. N

Western Buckeye League

Nice win for Defiance, after losing 7 out of 8 and 10 out of 13. I guess playing the tough schedule worked for this game, but is it worth it suffering all those losses for 1 more tournament win? I’m wondering if it’s an end of an era though, or if last season was, to be more specific. The 7...
  5. N

Western Buckeye League

Did Wapak lead most of the game against Shawnee? I saw a couple scores and Wapak was ahead both times. Also, how did Celina/Elida go? That's probably a mild upset. Defiance got off to yet another slow start, went on a run in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, then held on against Kenton.
  6. N

NWOAL 23-24 League Title Predictions

On the news, they said it was LC's first win over Archbold since 2000.
  7. N

Western Buckeye League

Defiance lost by 1 to a Wauseon team that isn't really that good, and I'm not sure if Defiance has had a worse record through 12 games (4-8) in the last 16 seasons. Maybe only once at most, when they lost like 9 games in a row about 6 years ago. There are at least three more automatic losses on...
  8. N

Western Buckeye League

O-G wins at St. Marys by 9...so, does Shawnee have anything for the Titans? I feel like outside of these three teams, the rest of the league is pretty humdrum.
  9. N

Western Buckeye League

All right the holidays are over and we're back into league play. Is this place gonna pick up at all? In a game between two teams that will probably finish below the mid-point in the league and who both might have lost all their starters from last year, Defiance had a slow start but took over in...
  10. N

Western Buckeye League

Defiance had its best team since the year after the state title, last season, but took a big hit this year and I just hope it can eke out a winning record by the end of the season. Maybe it's because I've already watched St. Marys play but I'm surprised it isn't being listed as the clear #2...
  11. N

Western Buckeye League

Celina had a big lead and Van Wert came back to within striking distance, but Celina held off the Cougars. Defiance had a a great start against St. Marys, then SM dominated the middle two quarters before Defiance made it a bit more respectable at the end. I think I saw Kenton led Elida in the...
  12. N

Western Buckeye League

Is Celina starting with league play or will it get some non-league games in first?
  13. N

DV State Final: Perry vs Liberty Center

Just curious. You were talking a lot of trash, well...all season...but I hadn't seen anything since before before the game started.
  14. N

Western Buckeye League

Did you know that Defiance lost its top 6 players from last year, plus two other seniors? Almost, if not all major stats lost over 90% of production. The JV team won like 14 or 15 games last year I think and they have some nice pieces, but I expect no quality depth and there is a lot of...
  15. N

DV State Final: Perry vs Liberty Center

Where is Buck1977?
  16. N

Western Buckeye League 2023

Doh! Yes that is correct, a typo. Thanks.
  17. N

Western Buckeye League 2023

Some final thoughts. 9-6 WBL playoff record, but only 3-7 in Week 1. That's a 12-13 non-league record, with one state semifinalist. That playoff winning percentage is only the 4th best out of the last ten seasons, but perhaps some competitive losses made it seem better. It's still the 4th most...
  18. N

2023 NWO Football

Very Clyde-ish, until the mid 2010s.
  19. N

DIII State Semifinal: Bishop Watterson vs. Celina

Watterson drove from its own 1 to get a FG? Dang.