Search results

1. M

Saturday April 6th Scores

Brecksville beat Solon, 8-2 last Saturday.
  2. M

2024 EBC

From what I saw on MaxPreps, West Branch is sitting at 9-0. If someone can confirm this, that would be great. What are their strengths so far this year? Alliance is also facing Lake Center Christian in non-conference play Friday afternoon at Kent State, which should be a good matchup between...
  3. M

Saturday April 13th Scores

University School won a doubleheader Saturday, beating Nordonia, 10-7, and Chardon, 11-1, in five innings. St. Vincent St. Mary's improved to 9-1 with a sweep of Boardman and Holy Name, beating the Green Wave, 6-3.
  4. M

Coverage of High School Sports

That is VERY true. Post COVID, there are a lot more videographers/photographers than there is print media. And a LOT of the print media is behind subscription paywalls. Video highlights are a huge help, especially for teams that don't get a lot of coverage in the area. Some of my favorite...
  5. M

Coverage of High School Sports

I'll chime in my 0.02 here. As far as Northeast Ohio, the Youngstown area does a solid job of covering sports, with multiple outlets including WFMJ, WKBN, YSN Live to name a few. They do a great job with football IMO, as well as basketball and baseball. A couple of outlets even have their own...
  6. M

Coaching Changes

Anything in the Northeast Ohio area other than retirements?
  7. M

Where some teams are projected next year with 7 divisions.

I'll take a crack at this: Division III Louisville Ursuline Canfield Glenville CVCA Alliance Lutheran West Buchtel? Revere Gilmour Academy (Let's just say D3 will be pretty stacked IMO) Division IV VASJ Warrensville Heights NDCL West Branch Lake Catholic Division V Cardinal Mooney Ottawa...
  8. M

URSULINE & MOONEY PROJECTIONS/DISCUSSIONS 2024

Is Mooney going to be playing AT the PA school or is the PA school going to visit Mooney? And where are they going to play their home games this season? Possibly looking at going to either Ursuline/Walsh Jesuit or Ursuline/Farrell.
  9. M

2024 VASJ Vikings Football **Official Thread**

Steuball is a senior and Vuraich is a junior, correct? How did Vuraich do last year in the time he played should Steuball end up transferring. And how did Kortovich do? I remember having seen his name on the basketball roster last season, but my guess is that he is focusing on football for the...
  10. M

2024 VASJ Vikings Football **Official Thread**

Who are some key returning starters from last season that should make an impact for the Vikings? Also, who's gonna be the signal-caller this year? Are they more of a running offense or a passing offense?
  11. M

DI Northeast District

Any word on where Garfield Heights/Hoban is gonna be on Wednesday? It shows TBD on the OHSAA website.
  12. M

Division II - Canton Regional

Both games on Thursday are gonna be really exciting, and are nothing short of having great storylines. Whoever comes out of this region will definitely have earned their trip to Dayton. Canfield is back for the first time since 2000, and Warrensville for the first time since 2020. Both teams met...
  13. M

2023-24 VASJ Vikings Basketball Official Thread

Highlights from a thrilling matchup in Akron last night:
  14. M

2024 Open / Unknowns V3.0

Some ideas: Week 2: Massillon Jackson vs. Austintown Fitch Norton vs. Cuyahoga Heights Week 4: Chardon/Perry (if this is the Lake County version). Could be a pretty great game that could draw a nice gate. Or Cleveland Central Catholic against Chardon as a money game? Week 7: Doesn't seem...
  15. M

Lake Catholic 2023-24

They also came from down ten in the third quarter to do it. A lot of players stepped up in huge roles Monday night.
  16. M

Akron City Series Basketball 2023-2024

I was there last night, and it was a thriller. Garfield made a couple of huge late stops.
  17. M

Summit County Basketball 2023-24

Akron Garfield won a thriller last night over Uniontown Lake.
  18. M

Akron City Series Basketball 2023-2024

Does anyone know when the last time Kenmore-Garfield has won a sectional title in boys basketball? I'll be checking out their game tonight against Uniontown Lake.
  19. M

Saturday, February 10 Final Scores

Lakewood 82 Eastlake North 59
  20. M

Thoughts on a district proposal that makes sense

I came across a post on Twitter and reality struck that there are going to be a combined total of 11 different games at 11 sites in the top two divisions in NE Ohio a month from now (some being at the same time, potentially!). Very mindboggling when it is broken down in total. Here is the post...