Search results

1. O

Club 2022-2023

Vanguard 18's finish runner up in the SoCal cup. Incredible accomplishment!
  2. O

Tournament

Stinks there isn't a public record of that anymore.
  3. O

Best all time players @ schools/position

I think Darby made the final 4 every year from 2010-2020, and made 6 finals appearances in that span. I'd keep them in the mix, but to your point the big 3 have dominated since the mid 90's. The amount of players those schools get, and start with at a young age is un-comparable to anything other...
  4. O

Club 2022-2023

Academy got a great draw in Chicago. Those seeds will tighten up as the year progresses.
  5. O

Club 2022-2023

It's not where you finish, it's how you play for your teams level. Competition way better in Chicago, only thing comparable to that level will be nationals.
  6. O

Club 2022-2023

With 10 players, would they add any other players, or do we think this will be the final roster?
  7. O

2023 HS Season

All these coaches are from catholic schools in Cincy, 3 from the same school. This is a tough argument, I know of a lot of great coaches that can't get the type of athletes the schools above can. All of the coaches mentioned above were/are great, however Elder, Moeller, and Xavier will be good...
  8. O

Club 2022-2023

Thanks for the clarification. On my end, by All-American, I meant collegiate All-Americans. When I think about the top 5, or even 10 best players from Ohio in the last 10 years. Only a few of them are collegiate D1 starters, and even fewer are collegiate All Americans. There are multiple...
  9. O

Club 2022-2023

Totally disagree, the top 8-10 Open teams in the country have rosters full of D1 signees. With at least one of those players becoming college All-Americans. Who from Ohio in the last 10 years is a college All-American? Let alone a full roster of players of this caliber.
  10. O

2023 HS Season

Don't be fooled, having good players is an absolute must, however there is heavy training and development involved with beating the top teams in the country consistently.
  11. O

2023 HS Season

Also, what do you mean by very talented senior class? I think there are 3 or 4 D1 players MAX. IMO, the last few years have been down in talent significantly. When we talk about competing at the national level, what does that mean? Top 20 open? Top 10 club? Beating other top clubs in the...
  12. O

2022 HS season

Are we comparing the best offensive option on a back to back state title team with a middle who never made it out of the region? Great season for Bo, and solid player for sure, but better than Patterson? Bold
  13. O

2022 Nationals

Huh? No disrespect to these players, but we're talking about the club division in a tournament that has the quarter of the teams that it normally would. It's important to have some perspective, Club and Open divisions are 2 different worlds. The rosters on the top 12 Open teams in the...
  14. O

2021-22 Club season

Pretty cool for Vanguard and the OVR! https://volleyballmag.com/2021-vbm-boys-fab-50-081421/
  15. O

SoCal Cup National Showcase

From my sources, he hasn't played all winter, and that was the first time the team has played together. Considering most of these guys played different positions all spring, not a bad showing imo. 1 or 2 points away from making the finals.
  16. O

What an accomplishment, big win for Ohio and midwestern volleyball. To spice this thread up a bit, can anyone think of a bigger win for an Ohio team? In my 15-20 years I can't think of anything really close to a tournament win of this magnitude.
  17. O

Browsing through social media, it looks like Vanguard's top 18's team won this tournament. Does anyone have anymore details?