Search results

1. O

Battle of Pickerington - OCC

New fieldhouse starts this month. Completed by fall sports season next year. North end of the stadium.
  2. O

Week 10: Coldwater (9-0) @ Marion Local (9-0)

Best draining field in the MAC. It will be ready.
  3. O

PAC 2023

Not turf but what more schools should aspire to provide for natural grass fields. Mount Gilead HS today.
  4. O

PAC 2023

5. O

PAC 2023

Or should I just change the name of the business to Lions Den Fields? No batteries required.
  6. O

PAC 2023

@Yappi is about to help massively in that effort. Stay tuned.
  7. O

PAC 2023

I get what you're saying and the only way to get the payoff is to increase usage. There are only so many ways to use a rectangle field. Baseball/softball doesn't get full use of it. Teams that want to practice on it are forced to split the fields or have later than usual practice times. If a...
  8. O

PAC 2023

I see your bet and raise you SUNY Morrisville in upstate NY.
  9. O

PAC 2023

You are 100% correct. The underlying issue is, can that additional savings on capital dollars be spent on other things that have a greater impact to academics, athletics, or the community. The answer will be different from district to district.
  10. O

PAC 2023

No weekends. Mowing and Blowing Off Clippings - 3 hours per week Filling Divots and Spot Seeding - 1.5 hours per week Painting - 8 man hours per week So almost 33% of a normal work week in season is spent on field related tasks. 71 events is definitely a lot. The number of events on the...
  11. O

PAC 2023

The water table on that Pickerington field is 11 inches on the north half of the field (the direction the field level photo is taken). It can be done.
  12. O

PAC 2023

North Union has Girls Varsity soccer, JV and MS football. About 22 home games per season. Circleville has Girls and Boys Varsity soccer, JV and MS football. About 30 home games per season. Here's another example from last Friday (10/6) at Pickerington Central which was the 44th game on that...
  13. O

PAC 2023

No, it's for real. I did the math and watched it play out over the last 10 years. Synthetic is a loser financially up until you put about 1,500 hours of use per year on it. There are qualitative arguments to make for it's use but, there are only a few dozen places in the state it makes sense...
  14. O

PAC 2023

Here's a field that had a very similar "before" picture and cost less 60% less than what they are trying to fundraise. This is North Union HS in Richwood. Yet another in Circleville that was almost 85% less than what Tuslaw is trying to fundraise. End of the Season down the middle...
  15. O

We need to talk about the sponsorship issue

What are the stats in terms of unique views and click through rates on the site now?
  16. O

Battle of Pickerington - OCC

End of an era at The Ditch?? https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2023/08/24/pickerington-high-school-central-is-replacing-their-home-football-stadium-of-50-years?cid=share_clip&fbclid=IwAR3M9Tu7lo11BVgb-4LDSY6aQS15vD_f5tocvXeC_ZuEJrCX9KqlSH0uPZM
  17. O

Football Field Paint Crew

Mount Gilead, North Union, Fairbanks, off the top of my head. Pickerington uses a GPS painter on a UTV with autosteer. They still have some limitations, but overall, they are a game-changer. I think the best bet is a blend between the robot for yard lines and side lines, with numbers and hashes...
  18. O

Thanks, sir. I enjoy the view here too.
  19. O

North Union HS - Richwood, Ohio