Search results

1. C

Post-Game Altercation Mars Toledo High School Boys Basketball Game

Taking a "story" from another source and turning it into his own once again.
  2. C

The OHSAA should be worried

LOL - #1 - playoff prices are like that in most states, not just Ohio #2 - There's an official shortage & quality of official shortage everywhere, not just Ohio - changing association names isn't going to help it. #3 - Fans are unruly EVERYWHERE - how does leaving the OHSAA help that? #4 -...
  3. C

Pick North got cheated

I've been around football probably longer than you've been alive and have also been a photographer for as many years. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm simply saying one photo doesn't tell someone who wasn't there or see a game video what really happened. Like I said, just a random photo...
  4. C

Pick North got cheated

that picture shows us nothing. It's just one frame of an entire play. Can you show us a video? Maybe this was taken after he completed the catch and hit the ground?
  5. C

DV Region 18 #1Liberty Center vs #4Oak Harbor

Should be a great game. Might be one of the toughest defensive battles around. I'll give the edge to Oak Harbor 20 to 14.
  6. C

2023 Northern Buckeye Conference

I doubt anyone will step away from Oak Harbor at least after this season. They still have plenty of talent left in the system. I also don't think Todd Drusback will. He may leave Rossford, but I don't think he's ready to step away from the game.
  7. C

I doubt it. I think they'll put up a fight, though.
  8. C

Bowling Green Head Coach suspended

This!!!!
  9. C

I know many coaches who don't cuss, but that's not the issue. In context, he added a word to "let's kill those mfers" that was not acceptable. Maybe some kids/adults don't think its offensive, but it was. That's all I'm going to say here.
  10. C

Call for replacing HS coaches?

Agreed. If you're at the high school level, if the coach is (1) competent, (2) a hard worker, (3) a good mentor, those should be what keeps them a coach unless they want to leave or if they do something that represents the school in a negative light. We have lost, and are losing, coaches too...
  11. C

Officiating, what is happening?

Overall, in sports, the amount of games HAS increased. Maybe not at the Junior High & High School level, but since many officials do multiple sports, I've noticed there are more non-scholastic baseball/softball/soccer/volleyball/etc. going on in addition to the other school related sports...
  12. C

Officiating, what is happening?

I'll be honest...I haven't had time to read through this entire thread; however, I've done a survey with officials in another popular spot (basketball) about specific things they do/don't do in preparation for officiating their sport, pre-game routines and reminders, in-game mechanics, etc. A...
  13. C

Lake has a very nice field. I like Oak Harbor's grass field. Genoa has a nice stadium as well. Been years since I've been to the other stadiums
  14. C

2023 Division V Poll Voting Discussion (Week 6)

I think this is fair. I might slip a few teams up/down a spot, and we'll learn a lot about Milan Edison this week (v. Perkins). I may sound like a homer, but I really think every one should consider Oak Harbor a top 5 team this year (and next). ;)
  15. C

In a rivalry game you never know. I remember several years ago at Genoa I thought Oak Harbor had a great chance but Genoa jumped out early and beat the Rockets. That Ottawa County rivalry is huge and its only going to be bigger next week. It's also the same weekend as Oak Harbor's big...
  16. C

You think Oak Harbor's defense will give up 12?
  17. C

2023 Division V Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5)

You forgot Oak Harbor. The Rockets haven't played their starters in the second half of any game and have given up just three scores (all 2nd half I believe) 8/18 H Bowsher (1-4) [II:6] W 47-6 8/25 A Woodward (0-5) [III:10] W 44-0 9/1 H Port Clinton (2-3) [V:18] W 42-7 9/8 H Maumee...
  18. C

Ohio State Football 2023

Yes, they should win YSU, WKU games. I think they squeak by in an upset over Notre Dame. Maryland might catch them off guard if they are healthy. Purdue is not good. Penn State will be a loss and maybe Wisconsin. They should beat Rutgers, Michigan State isn't good, and not worried about...
  19. C

2023 NWO Football

You did mean Labor Day weekend, right? ;)
  20. C

Hazing Incidents

Ignorant post here. This has nothing to do with their denomination (catholic) rather to do with their sin. Northwestern isn't catholic and they had same issues. The protestant church isn't catholic, yet they have had their fair share of pedophilia. Same with every other culture, society, etc.