Search results

1. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 7

Wapak should roll over Elida. Defiance should roll over Bath. I'm going with Celina over O-G, but this would seem to be the only game this week that could go either way. St. Marys and Shawnee big.
  2. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 7

(5-1) Wapak at Elida (4-2) (4-2) Defiance at Bath (0-6) (4-2) Celina at O-G (1-5) (1-5) Kenton at St. Marys (4-2) (1-5) Shawnee at Van Wert (5-1) Game of the week: On paper it looks good, but Wapak is probably going to dominate Elida. Even if Elida gets its starting QB back. We’re definitely...
  3. N

Western Buckeye League 2022

Has Defiance actually clinched a spot yet? I don't think so but I don't think I understand it all. Looks like to get a home game it will have to win out, and that's not happening. I'm not even yet convinced Defiance will beat both Celina and O-G.
  4. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 6

Wapak big. Celina over Bath - Celina could get on a roll. Maybe we read a little too much into getting stomped by two really good teams in the first two weeks. Van Wert over O-G - I can see the Titans holding the Cougars under their offensive average, but I can also see O-G getting shut out. St...
  5. N

NWOAL 2022

Interesting...Bryan's glory years were clearly long ago, before 1978. Only Wauseon also really has a decent difference between that dividing line of 1978. It also seems like LIberty Center should have a few more titles than 7 since 1978, considering it also has 7 regional titles.
  6. N

Every time I've seen a JV or 8th grade score so far, it seems like Defiance is shut out in a big loss, or shuts out the opponent in a big win.
  7. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 6

(4-1) Wapak at Kenton (1-4) (0-5) Bath at Celina (3-2) (4-1) Van Wert at O-G (1-4) (3-2) St. Marys at Shawnee (1-4) (4-1) Elida at Defiance (3-2) Game of the week, probably Elida at Defiance. Two teams that SEEM to be on the rise. Even with its first loss last week, Elida still controls its own...
  8. N

---I'm not surprised about Van Wert, it has the best offense in the league and St. Marys' defense is not one of its better ones in recent years, it appears. ---I was also surprised O-G only beat Bath by 14 after O-G was close statistically with a few good teams previously. But I don't know how...
  9. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 5

Wapak big. Defiance - I can't remember the last time I entered a game expecting to win pretty easily. It's a weird feeling. Hopefully the team doesn't disappoint as they celebrate the 97 state title team. The 10-year anniversary game didn't go well. Van Wert - tough call, but I'll go with the...
  10. N

I think Van Wert is fine. I'd be more worried about a bad snap giving the ball to Wapak in Van Wert territory than a kick being blocked. A number of unlikely things had to come together for that result to happen and it wouldn't happen again in 100 chances. First, it shouldn't have been kicked at...
  11. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 5

(1-3) Shawnee at Wapak (3-1) (1-3) Kenton at Defiance (2-2) (3-1) St. Marys at Van Wert (3-1) (0-4) O-G at Bath (0-4) (2-2) Celina at Elida (4-0) Game of the week is obviously St. Marys at Van Wert. Loser is likely out of the title race, as Wapak has only one challenger left in Elida. There’s...
  12. N

Defiance seems to be something of a second half team so far this year, which is good. Maybe the coaches are really earning their pay. It also seems like Van Wert is only a one-half team this year?? Wasn't it 19-0 in the first quarter? Last week Van Wert did most of its damage in the first half...
  13. N

NWOAL 2022

I like it when Fryman has two teams tied for 4th and still has someone 5th.
  14. N

D3 Region 10

I'm curious, do you have a favorite team and how much do you truly know about the teams in this region? I appreciate your input.
  15. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 4

FYI I have now posted last week's results in the original message... Elida over Bath big, and really, the only probable blowout? Celina over Kenton - God dang, could these teams' results be any more similar? Both were crushed twice by 3-0 teams and rebounded with a win last week over supposedly...
  16. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 4

(0-3) Bath at Elida (3-0) (1-2) Celina at Kenton (1-2) (0-3) O-G at St. Marys (2-1) (1-2) Defiance at Shawnee (1-2) (3-0) Van Wert at Wapak (2-1) Game of the week is Van Wert at Wapak, easily. Elida remains undefeated as well but hasn't faced the competition others have or had the recent...
  17. N

How many schools have their 50/50 last the entire week though? I had never heard of it before this, but maybe it's done that way in some places.
  18. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 3

Cripes, I screwed up both records in that game... Shawnee - Celina has looked worse, albeit against better competition. Van Wert - The Cougars will be a much different team than last week for Defiance and I think it could get out of hand. Kenton - I know Bath's scores have been closer but for...
  19. N

One thing I forgot to mention was Zipfel. He's young and I want to get this in before a bad game happens, but the passing game is already doing things we haven't seen in perhaps decades. 38 for 58 through two games so far, with 4 TDs and 0 interceptions?!! Defiance QBs in recent years have...
  20. N

Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 3

Dang it, typo, thanks. Hopefully I didn't mislead anyone.