Search results

1. D

Martin RPI

Just 10 weeks away.
  2. D

W.O.A.C 2022-2023

Looking at Tri Villages JV last year, they had a couple big guys who would have been varsity starters on 90% of D4 teams. I would predict a runaway with the battle being for 2nd or 3rd.
  3. D

White Teachers will be the first to go:Minneapolis

Dayton area similar problem. They are coming hard after teachers in private schools knowing if money is thrown around a few will leave for the opportunity in an urban district......at least for a little while.
  4. D

California becomes first state to provide free meals to all students

I think you've got it.
  5. D

So we should do anything that directly benefits children? My opposition to it is we continue to increase our populations dependence on government programs rather than individual accountability and self sacrifice. Am I against feeding truly hungry and deprived children? No, feed them. But...
  6. D

I will list just two articles, one came from Stanford, you as a lefty may put more stock in it. Titled "The Surprising Reason Urban Schools attract Less Qualified Teachers". And another " The Challenges of Staffing Urban Schools with Effective Teachers". Included in the articles are the...
  7. D

Someone did not do their homework. There are way to many articles to even try to trim it down to prove a point. But, if you think all we need in the innercity is more black teachers let's try it.
  8. D

This actually makes more sense than switching genders. Color is much less genetically identifiable than gender.
  9. D

Due to their high cost of living I will wait until they offer free housing, health and clothing as well. Should be there in a couple years.
  10. D

700 WLW

One thing I've noted about Mike Allen and Joe Deters is they both are prone to whiney overstating. I figure this must either be a requirement for being a prosecutor or is the effect of being one. They both have the "this is the worst case scenerio ever" context to their conversation.
  11. D

700 WLW

What? Your not into conspiracy talk 24/7 365? I don't think I have ever listened to Dan Carroll for more than an hour when he did not bring up the stolen election of 2020. My horse died a long time ago on that one. I actually do think he could be fairly good at the job if he could get a...
  12. D

It is a well known issue innercity schools face, I assumed you were at least up on that point. Innercity schools send out recruiting teams to job fairs in hope of attracting good teachers. The suburbs meanwhile, are awash with applicants. Now the next part requires a bit of logical deduction...
  13. D

What was your fav radio station when you were growing up?

Seems it may get a bit awkward watching the masterbatters play with each other.
  14. D

That's not what I said., reread it. I will stand by my point that when comparing teachers who attended these failing schools then return to teach at them, in general, they are academically challenged when compared to their suburban counterparts and that is irrespective of race. Culture and...
  15. D

Has Biden Crossed the Rubicon?

Not sure exactly where Biden is, but neither is he. I had to chuckle a few days back when he was in Kentucky viewing the flood damage caused by large amounts of rain. He was completely unaware of his location and was reported to say " my God, what happened here".
  16. D

In the realm of education innercity schools are academically inferior to suburban schools. Is it race, culture or economics? But yes, many suburban districts would not hire or accept the quality of teachers that the innercity would and does. When the pool of kids tests scores are disparate...
  17. D

I can not envision this policy standing the first test at a higher level court. Action taken against someone based on race is clearly racism. How these idiots miss such blatant racism and its evils it brings is beyond my ability to comprehend.
  18. D

You start out so well here, then completely ruin a good point. Agreed, seniority means little to performance. Good point. But, is a teacher who has been impacted by a system that sucks, really better to teach kids who are currently in the same type of system? Not only no, but hell no. Having...
  19. D

Lrt me try to explain it in a way you might grasp it. I will assume for many years whites were the predominant makeup of teachers, let's say 90%. Then a hiring practices change 20 years ago begins to hire 50 % white teachers to 50% all other races. Now when layoffs by seniority happen, more...
  20. D

Liz Cheney Campaign Ad

Wonder what percentage of her 49,xxx votes were Democrats who switched to Republican to try and screw the good people of Wyoming? There is no way that many Republicans would have voted for her. I did see her comparrison to Lincoln. I thought that was reference to the 2020 election and...