Search results

1. cardzfan1234

Canton McKinley at Mentor (Who's going to wi this one ???)

I didn’t realize they were putting a new one in until I went to the Chardon scrimmage. It is new and big. The color scheme was odd looking, but it is very possible they were/are still figuring out all of the potential of its use and look. No videos/replay were used yet.
  2. cardzfan1234

Seniors get in for free at Mentor. I'm assuming you are a senior citizen if you can't/won't buy tickets online. Sorry if my assumption was incorrect.
  3. cardzfan1234

Week 1 - McKinley v Mentor

http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/canton-mckinley-at-mentor-whos-going-to-wi-this-one.352628/ Already a thread on this game. You posted in it multiple times.
  4. cardzfan1234

Ticket prices for reserved ($10) and general admission ($7) are the same prices as last year. In 2020, the public couldn’t buy tickets. I don’t remember what the prices were in 2019. I think it’s silly to not sell any tickets for cash at the main gate. Many schools have gone that route though.
  5. cardzfan1234

I don’t know if we are certain about it airing on 1330AM yet, but it might. I looked online and didn’t see their schedule listed. But the News-Herald will list media when they do the game capsule, which is probably on Wednesday or Thursday. Here is the info on tickets...
  6. cardzfan1234

2022 Greater Cleveland Conference

If they are as good as you say, then quite possibly. On paper, this is the weakest the GCC has ever been.
  7. cardzfan1234

Predictions for Week 1: Mentor vs. McKinley Medina vs. WGH Solon @ Hudson Brunswick @ Cleveland Heights Strongsville vs. Avon Lake Euclid vs. Aurora The Solon/Hudson game is a coin flip. I don't know anything about Hudson except that they beat Solon last season. I don't think Brunswick...
  8. cardzfan1234

Game week is officially here. I don't think Mentor will be quite as sharp or talented this week as they looked to start last season. McKinley has had a tough time scoring on Mentor's defense in their recent matchups...which says a lot when you look at how the Cardinals defense has performed...
  9. cardzfan1234

Well, there are plenty of computer points to be had on Solon's schedule. If they win 6 games, they should be in the top 16 for sure. I think they will get 6, maybe 7 wins. But maybe they won't. I could be looking at them through the blinders of remembering how solid the Comets always used to be...
  10. cardzfan1234

What’s your reasoning? Did they get outplayed badly in a scrimmage? I predicted a 7-3 season for them, but I could be way off. The five most likely wins on the schedule are Shaker, Twinsburg, Euclid, Strongsville, and Brunswick. I think they win those games. Their season will be decided by how...
  11. cardzfan1234

Chardon at Mentor Scrimmage

Judging by his Twitter posts about the Chardon coach Hewitt, here is clearly a kid that didn’t want to be at Mentor. Take from it what you will. Judging from the two field goal attempts we saw yesterday, it’s too bad for Mentor’s sake that Evans left for Chardon.
  12. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2022

Gray continues to portray the message that Snow is not out of the QB position. Yesterday's lack of getting any reps was attributed to a hand injury. I thought Fox looks to have the physical tools. He is young and the decision making will take some time. The receivers don't have the big play...
  13. cardzfan1234

I understand Mentor’s offensive line not winning the battle up front against Chardon’s experienced and talented group. I didn’t expect Mentor’s line to get that dominated, but this group is pretty green at the varsity level. But Mentor’s defensive front should’ve made a much bigger difference...
  14. cardzfan1234

Chardon was stronger, more physical, and had much better execution in the trenches. No matter what anyone thinks of the play calling, the difference in line play was clear. And this wasn’t a factor of size or talent. This was about preparation, skill development, toughness, and physicality...
  15. cardzfan1234

In terms of records, Mentor and McKinley went in completely different directions once September hit. Mentor started off 2-0 with a convincing win over McKinley and the defeat of St Ignatius. Mentor went just 3-6 over their final nine games. McKinley would go on an 8-2 stretch following their 0-2...
  16. cardzfan1234

On the one hand, it is great that the boys have the kinds of attitude I am hearing about and even seeing in interviews with the media. The mental attitude side of sports is very important. On the other hand, many players and teams across NEO have a similar attitude about their season. Everyone...
  17. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2022

Ranking the opponents on the schedule (only nine) from top to bottom: St Ignatius - Chuck Kyle’s last (regular season) game against Mentor. The programs have built a friendly and competitive rivalry since 2005. Mentor is 9-7 against St Ignatius during the regular season. The Cards hold a 3-2...
  18. cardzfan1234

McKinley’s offensive line against Mentor’s defense (especially the matchup involving Mentor’s Vernon) will be a key part of this game. Secondly, the other matchup to look at will be the McKinley secondary against the receivers of Mentor.
  19. cardzfan1234

L While almost certainly brief, I have enjoyed having a series with McKinley. Would love to get Massillon back too. Mentor will (likely) be open Week 1 next year as I assume McKinley will not want to renew…especially if Mentor dominates the game again.
  20. cardzfan1234

Last year’s game was under some difficult circumstances for McKinley. Mentor absolutely dominated the game though. It was almost like playing a JV team. I don’t think it is going to be as one-sided as last year, but I expect Mentor to win by multiple scores. Mentor has a lot of seniors starting...