Search results

1. F

Central Buckeye Conference 2022

Where did you hear this? Bethel is not open enrollment. I don't see "many" kids heading there and from what I've heard there isn't anyone transferring yet. Maybe a player or two eventually. Wayne's 4th string RB would probably run for 1500 yards for Bethel, so I can see the appeal for a kid...
  2. F

Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

The ran a bond issue with a combined high school and it failed. The community's feedback was that they wanted two separate buildings. That's the way they got it passed.
  3. F

OHSAA: NIL Proposal is defeated 68-32

And then instead of having sensible bylaws that were crafted by educators, we'll get stuck with something court-imposed or written by the legislature full of unintended consequences.
  4. F

Jonathan Powell to Centerville?

The Centerville article is all positive. The Wayne article from five years ago talks about OHSAA rules, where the kid is residing, how many schools the kids has been to and whether more players from Dunbar would transfer out.
  5. F

Anyone else notice the difference in tone between these two article? https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/senior-standout-antwuan-johnson-transfers-from-dunbar-wayne/GvBbttODB7RVfGdBmHsm3I/...
  6. F

Riverside should have been in the OHC from inception. They were a better fit than SCC. The story goes that the Riverside admin at the time didn't show up for the initial OHC talks because they wanted to keep the WCOC together, but I'm not sure how much that is truth or legend at this point.
  7. F

Riverside would be nuts to not jump at a chance to be in some version of the OHC. They have 2-3 more years of being competitive in football in the TRC and then it may be a lot of pain for a while.
  8. F

Braxton Miller and new Ohio Prep School

That would be a much better plan. I just don't see the sustainability with what Braxton is planning.
  9. F

GISA can't be the only thing hurting Shawnee's enrollment. Their elementary numbers are low, too. Urbana has a big freshmen class that is inflating its overall numbers. Four years from now, Shawnee, Ben Logan and Urbana could all be very close to the same size.
  10. F

Miami Valley League 2021-22

I'll bump this post and update that 2009 was the last D2 football sized school to win the D1 basketball championship (that was Northland, who was basically a collection of Columbus' best players). We're up to 41 out of the last 44 district champions in the SW District being D1 football sized...
  11. F

Feels like there are two separate arguments. The first is should the MVL and GWOC be in the same tournament? I don't believe they should and have posted the data about it. The second argument is about the quality of the MVL overall. Well, by any metric, the MVL was awful this year. It went...
  12. F

Springboro seeks 7th Coach in 10 years

The OCC has so many teams that it is tough to compare to the GWOC. You could cherry pick only the top teams to try to argue the OCC is better than the GWOC, but there also some really weak OCC teams that would go 0'fer in the GWOC. I'd love to see some more GWOC vs GMC battles. I think the...
  13. F

I think that was his point. Wayne got killed on here for kids moving in. Seems like more people are understanding now that it is Centerville. Wayne, like Centerville, does not have open enrollment.
  14. F

Centerville vs Fairmont

Great game plan and execution by Fairmont. But it came down to Centerville having high D1 players making plays when needed. I'll call it now - Centerville wins the next 3 by 15+.
  15. F

Just to update - there were 52 Division 1 schools in the SW District. 26 are D1 football, 26 are D2 football. Once again, all four District Champions are D1 football schools. Seven of the eight District finalists were D1 football schools. It's silly to pretend that enrollment doesn't matter...
  16. F

Sunday, March 6 Final Scores

Big day for the GWOC.
  17. F

Shawnee has been small enough to be in the MR. Competitively, they've been fine in the KT so far but see a downturn in talent coming so they understandably are looking to restructure.
  18. F

At the very least Division 1 in basketball should be the same as in football. You could then distribute the rest of the schools into three divisions even though they would be much bigger than they are currently. Or just add a 5th division comprised of the D1 football schools. There are 121 D1...
  19. F

2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Huber is growing at a face pace but people want to live outside of town.
  20. F

2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Did they really beat Riverside 82-0 in an 8th grade boys game?