Search results

1. A

2022 Elder Football

They're just always so much more talented than almost everyone they play. I agree it's getting old but they're really tough year in and year out.
  2. A

2022 Elder Football

Sure, why not? Improved Elder OL. PC lost their best player to reclassification. 100th year anniversary celebration game in the home opener at the Pit. I'd expect a big crowd.
  3. A

2022 Elder Football

I think this type of start will be needed to host a playoff game. But I agree and said something similar earlier in the Summer. I'm thinking 4-1, with the only loss being to St Edward.
  4. A

2022 Elder Football

That's fair. Something like the Skyline Chili Crosstown Game(s) of the Week, would be fine.
  5. A

2022 Elder Football

I think it's silly, but no need to change it. Clearly it works, otherwise they wouldn't still be doing it. Kudos to those involved for keeping with it since the opening weekend event has crumbled, as I'm sure there's a lot of work that goes into it even without the scheduling that used to take...
  6. A

2022 Elder Football

As has been pointed out, because the OL struggled to give Hambleton time to make 3-4 reads. Both things can be true here though, Kirch and Re weren't used as much as I'm sure even Coach Ramsey would have preferred, but most of the shorter, quick routes come from the slot - which is where Drew...
  7. A

2022 Elder Football

Are you suggesting getting the ball to your best player is a bad thing? You seem to be implying it was a bad thing getting the ball to #12. Harp had a pretty big year from the other WR spot as well.
  8. A

Middletown Miracle.

I remember being there, was with my parents, grandparents, some aunts, uncles and cousins. And when Centerville scored to go up 42-28 everyone I was with said let's pack it up and get going. Me being just a little kid at the time basically demanded we stay because the game 'wasnt over yet.' We...
  9. A

2022 Elder Football

This is true. At most schools, the JV team is dressing a good number if not all members of the team on Friday nights. In Division 1, that may not be as true, but with the GMC and ECC going to 9-game regular season schedules, their JV games are set as well. For the GCLS and other teams that have...
  10. A

Elder Coaching

I think football already has their guy in all honesty. It would shock me to see them not give Currin the HC spot, if he wants it. Have a similar feeling about Rob Thompson and the baseball program, again if he wants it. Both guys played and won championships during their time as players. And...
  11. A

2022 Elder Football

Coachspeak IMO. It's still July, so of course the job is "open" and there are four players on the roster that will be listed as QB for now, so while everything he said was true, I'm not looking too much into it.
  12. A

2022 Elder Football

So what do you think it is then? Can't just be a lack of social media presence. Sounds like you've got some beef with the way Elder handles recruitment of their players, if so please elaborate and stop beating around the bush.
  13. A

2022 Elder Football

I hope you're right. That would be a welcome sight. Not that I don't enjoy offense, but in recent years if the offense isn't at least threatening to score on every possession then it's a good bet the result is a loss.
  14. A

2022 Elder Football

The current seniors were very good across the board in all sports as sophomores, including football. The current juniors were also very good in football last year. I know you can't look at that as your only reason for Varsity success, but they're certainly capable. I think a lot of people look...
  15. A

2022 Elder Football

Did all three of those guys run for 1,000 yards in a season? That would surprise me, except for Luebbe as he had a few games of close to or over 200.
  16. A

2022 Elder Football

I agree, but like I said maybe I'm overly optimistic. I think Pick Central and Lou St X are winnable games being they're both at home. So if they go: Cov Cath - W Pick Central - W Springboro - W St Edward - L Lou St X - W Then why can't they finish 3-2 against X at home, LaSalle at home and...
  17. A

2022 Elder Football

Sure after the fact. They were not considered a legit state contender until after their run of wins to end the season. Even then not many gave them a chance to beat Colerain. Marsh was a 3rd OT his Junior season. Ramstetter was a baseball player who didn't make the decision to play football in...
  18. A

2022 Elder Volleyball

Someone on the main Boys Volleyball thread have said the OHSAA plans to go to three divisions, with only 4 teams making it to State like the other OHSAA team sport brackets. So that would mean 12 teams that make it to State, with there being 6 Semifinal matches and 3 Championship Matches.
  19. A

2022 Elder Football

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but this senior class has been overlooked for most of their time at Elder. I think they could wind up being a lot like the 2012 (class of '13) team that lost to Colerain in OT up at Nippert in the Regional Semifinal. That team took some lumps throughout the...
  20. A

NBA thread

Lol. The Internet is forever. It gets us all at one time or another.