Search results

1. Kirtland4580

PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

You are correct about being under .500 against the Mighty MAC. I doubt there is a team out there that can say they are above that .500 mark (I would not count somebody that is, say, 1-0). It is crazy, like you said, how the Hornets only have a winning record against ML amongst all MAC teams...
  2. Kirtland4580

PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

If that two-point conversion were not converted, I would have fully expected Marion Local to tie it up & potentially win. That game also served as reconciliation for many in Kirtland as the 2014 thrilling 46-42 shootout between the Hornets and Minster saw us fall short.
  3. Kirtland4580

PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

It is undoubtedly a moment that kids dream of. Ironically enough, in the past couple of years after watching that game back, I have come to realize that if the running back had gone down on his own instead of scoring, the Hornets technically could have kneeled out the clock. A win is a win, but...
  4. Kirtland4580

PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

In 2015, Kirtland faced Marion Local for the first time in a battle of small-school dynasties, and Kirtland came out on top 22-20, ending Marion Local’s 24-game playoff win streak which still stands as tied for the most consecutive playoff victories in OHSAA history. A few notes from that game...
  5. Kirtland4580

What D4 to D7 schools have a Freshmen team?

Kirtland has had a freshman team up in Northeast Ohio the last 5-10 seasons, and they have gone through the same kind of thing having to schedule bigger schools.
  6. Kirtland4580

IUDOGS: 2022 Division VI Top Twenty - Five

Surprisingly, yes! The 2002 State Champions from Division II (Chaminade-Julienne), Division III (Bishop Watterson), and Division IV (Kenton) all met together in Division III for the 2003 season. Ironically, none of those three won the state title that year…that distinction belongs to...
  7. Kirtland4580

IUDOGS: 2022 Division VI Top Twenty - Five

This is not my list, rather, this is how CalPreps has Division VI ranked as of today. I take this with a grain of salt as almost all other posters do, but I am interested in how others view these rankings... 1. (#18 overall): Marion Local, Region 24 2. (#22 overall): Kirtland, Region 21 3. (#49...
  8. Kirtland4580

How will Kirtland look in 2022?

I think you are right. Both sides graduate superb senior classes this spring. I think I heard back in December from a MAC fan that Versailles’ JV either went undefeated or had one loss last year; which is a pretty good sign of things to come. Versailles’ senior class though reminds me some of...
  9. Kirtland4580

How will Kirtland look in 2022?

In the state title game, 8 of their 22 starting positions were held by underclassmen (freshmen through juniors). That number is relatively high as compared to previous years, so that is an encouraging sign. The number means nothing though if they don’t put together another strong offseason. It...
  10. Kirtland4580

division 5 2022

By about 30-40 kids overall. Just sounds to me like there are some small classes making their way through. The last few classes graduated around 100-115 kids overall. Now that number may look closer to 85-90 or so for the next few years.
  11. Kirtland4580

division 5 2022

Kirtland is indeed dropping to D6. I was caught a bit off guard by the numbers myself; as the Hornets went from 166 boys to 137 from one cycle to the next. This may be a reason why they are going back to the small-school division of their conference beginning in 2023. A team that is also...
  12. Kirtland4580

Division V State Semifinal: Kirtland (13-0 (54-0)) vs Ottawa Glandorf (11-3)

100%. Kirtland was assuredly a favorite given their streak, but I greatly enjoyed listening to Coach Jones’ mindset going into that game (after the fact). He gave his kids all the hope in the world by calling it just another game; and boy did they deliver. Kirtland’s winning streak saw them...
  13. Kirtland4580

CVC to add Madison, Jefferson and Conneaut

I heard from some football parents this past year that they thought being in the Chagrin division would be a 2-3 year thing; without any definitive proof of course. I’m still hoping they stay in the Chagrin; swapping with Orange like you said. Numbers are down a bit for the next few years...
  14. Kirtland4580

OHSFCA Top 25 playoff teams & trivia

Kirtland 2010-present Yr 1 2010: 2-1 (L vs. Ursuline Reg Final) Yr 2 2011: 5-0 (W vs. Coldwater State Champ) Yr 3 2012: 4-1 (L vs. CW State Runner-Up) Yr 4 2013: 5-0 (W vs. Wayne Trace State Champ) Yr 5 2014: 4-1 (L vs. Minster State Runner-Up) Yr 6 2015: 5-0 (W vs. Marion Local State Champ) Yr...
  15. Kirtland4580

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

If I recall correctly, it was Marion Pleasant.
  16. Kirtland4580

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

Talk about a LITERAL passing of the torch moment. DSJ has still had a little bit of success since 2000, but Marion Local has set the American standard for small school football, let alone football in general over the last 20+ years. 12 titles in 21 seasons is absurd.
  17. Kirtland4580

Power Rank the State Champions

1. St. Edward D1 2. Chardon D3 3. Winton Woods D2 4. Marion Local D7 5. Clinton Massie D4 6. Versailles D5 7. Carey D6
  18. Kirtland4580

I just watched the game again & realized that Kirtland’s normal starting running back (#2) did not get any carries all game. Assuming he was still banged up & is probably why #20 got more touches out of the backfield. Versailles beat Kirtland at its own game without one of their top two backs...
  19. Kirtland4580

Congratulations to Versailles. That team had state title written all over it. Kirtland turned it over FOUR TIMES and still only lost by four. I found it admirable they didn’t give up. Every streak has to end, but if I want it to end to anyone, it’s to the MAC. Not much more I can say though…I...