Search results

1. G

ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

The residents of the following states favor making abortion legal in all or most cases. Yet these same states have laws on the book, or a trigger law tied to the Roe decision to either outlaw or severely limit a right to an abortion Florida 56 - 39 (the difference in each of these is the...
  2. G

The majority of Americans support a woman's right to get an abortion. It is the state legislators who are making these decisions. If you want to decide it at the state level it should be put on the ballot in every state.
  3. G

Every state led by a Republican governor and legislature will outlaw abortion, or put in such onerous restrictions that it effectively outlaws it.
  4. G

I am personally pro life so I applaud this decision, however I understand the outrage on the left of those who say the Justices lied during each of their respective hearings when each said that Roe was precedent. In the decision Clarence Thomas references other decisions he believes the court...
  5. G

Gas Prices

I believe this is the most current data. The question is why is production still below the peak of 12.96 million barrels? It is also important to note that the 1.4 million barrels represents about 1.8% of the worldwide production. Is that enough of a decline in production to warrant a doubling...
  6. G

Sick, sick people in this country......😡😡

Case in point...."The election was stolen"
  7. G

Top all-time players from Ohio high schools

Desmond Howard #445? Archie Griffin #296? Those two stood out as one's that should be much higher. Art Schlichter #653, maybe if you are ranking on character, but on talent he should be much higher. Kudos to whoever took the time to compile a list of the top 865 players of all time from...
  8. G

Senate: Tim Ryan vs J.D. Vance

These figures are meaningless. The Republican primary was a hotly contested one, with significant media coverage and big ad spending. The Dem primary was essentially uncontested. People come out when primaries are hotly contested and get significant media coverage. Now the fact that Trump won...
  9. G

Hillbilly Elegy

There is evidence of planning from OathKeepers and a few similar groups. There is no public evidence that members of the government, such as Trump staff, were involved in the planning. I think there is no question that Trump incited many of these nut jobs through his rhetoric, but that does not...
  10. G

Football, recruiting and 9 p.m. bedtime: The life of a middle school QB

As an old school guy (meaning im just old) my first inclination is to find fault with everything about this story. But the fact is the world changes and that includes the world of high school and college athletics. There was nothing in this story that indicated the parents were pushing this kid...
  11. G

Hillbilly Elegy

Definition of insurrection : an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government I'd say Jan 6th meets this definition. Civil Authority (i.e Capitol Police) had barriers and said you cannot enter. The crowd, some violent, said the hell with that and revolted...
  12. G

Hillbilly Elegy

I have not seen anything (and I follow closely) where Dolan has said he secured the border. This is a commercial of his where he talks about prosecuting drug dealers as an assistant prosecutor.
  13. G

Hillbilly Elegy

I agree Vance cleared up all his negative comments about Trump. He said "I want to win a Senate seat as a Republican and to do so I need to kiss the ring of Donald Trump. I am willing to set aside my principles and beliefs and pledge loyalty to the Donald in order to win an election" We are...
  14. G

Hillbilly Elegy

Excellent assessment of the campaign.
  15. G

Hillbilly Elegy

Vance has a SuperPac funded by Peter Thiel (One of those Silicon Valley elitists) funding his campaign. Thiel donated $10 million to Protect Ohio Values last year and then another $3.5 million after the Trump endorsement.
  16. G

Hillbilly Elegy

I am guessing you voted for Trump....a child of privilege. Dolan has spent 8 years as a legislator trying to get things done, not trying to get airtime by sounding like a Trump clone. How often have you heard Gibbons discuss Ohio jobs (other than to blame China) or tax policy in the state? He...
  17. G

Hillbilly Elegy

Gibbons went to St Ignatius so I guess you will have to rule him out. You also realize that this is an election for the US Senate, not a state representative. I don't think they go to many school board meetings.
  18. G

Hillbilly Elegy

So "real" Republicans do what is in the best interests of their constituents rather than the people who line their campaign coffers? Good to know.
  19. G

Hillbilly Elegy

I am not sure what that has to do with being qualified to be a US Senator.
  20. G

Hillbilly Elegy

So to be a "real" Republican you cannot compromise on anything? That is the problem that plagues our Congress. The unwillingness to compromise in order to develop solutions to the problems plaguing our country. The Congress has punted the responsibility of governing to the Supreme Court.