Search results

1. D

Are you a true West Sider??

I remember the Original Sun Furniture Store was located a little further down on Beech Street. I remember my folks buying items from there back in the 70's. I believe Hogan had a Buick Dealer on Ferguson Road along with Cones and Denver (can not remember what automobiles they sold), Sieve...
  2. D

Incredibly so! Most of the path is already "flat" from the old railroad that went through it. Obviously I must be missing something?:unsure:
  3. D

I finally took a drive down Queen City Avenue after all the construction. What a a great area for the community to enjoy. Now on to the Western Hills Viaduct reconstruction. I still can't believe it will not be completed until 2028.
  4. D

This is very good to see. If I recall correctly this area use to be where Quebec Elementary once stood. My Grand Parents lived on a side street called Mayfield which was right next to the school. I use to play in Mayfield Playground in the 1970's and watched Quebec School being built. There...
  5. D

I listened to Bill Cunningham's radio program and he had the Head Organizer for the Skirt Game on. His take on it was the game will continue on as normal but the outfits may have to be "theme oriented". He noted a lot of over reaction on both sides of the issue but he is going ahead with the...
  6. D

Jerry Thomas from WKRC dressed as "Grannie" and was a big supporter of the Skirt Game. Political Correctness, cancel culture and now "Woke" are like cancer to our society. Hopefully the Delhi Council don't give in.
  7. D

Elder vs West Hi on Thanksgiving

I saw my cousin play in the 1975 or 78 game at Riverfront. The crowd was large and electric! Gosh I remember all the parades down Glenway. It is so cool the tradition lives on!
  8. D

Before lawn care services, I also cut a lot of lawns and delivered the Door Store newspaper on Monday's and the Price Hill Press and or Western Hills Press on Wednesday's. That is one thing my Dad instilled in me (God rest his soul) is a strong work ethic. Thanks cincifan!
  9. D

I have a question for you all.......... What was your first part-time job in which you pulled your first pay check? Mine was a bus boy, food runner, chef assist, etc. at the one and only Mohr's Buffet on the intersection of Glenway, Race Road, Bridgetown Road, Harrison Ave, (you all know which...
  10. D

It was during the Jimmy Carter years when I tried to get my first part-time job. Unemployment was in double digits as well as inflation. I was lucky to start off at about $3.10/hour and was happy about it! Goofy as crap the way the country has totally turned into a welfare state where you get...
  11. D

Yes you are right there too. I remember when the jets were sitting on the runway with the engines exhaust (output) revving up before take off. Heck you would think the darn thing was right next to you. GOOD times... maybe that's why we moved?
  12. D

That is one thing I do not miss (when I lived in Delhi) is the loud airport noise. Especially when the jets took off to the south. Man, that took some getting use to. My wife (from out of state) thought it was nuts!
  13. D

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

Wow what a interesting debate / conversation everybody here is having about what is to take place with the Beacons of Light program. Has anyone here ever looked into a web site called Church Militant. Michael Voris gives a great explanation on how the church has lost its way through scandal...
  14. D

Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

Don't forget about 9-11 not really happening either. ;) It's all good
  15. D

I had my physical a couple of weeks ago and the doctor asked me if I wanted the COVID vaccination which I declined. He was cool about it and said it was my choice. Nothing more to add than that.:)
  16. D

Let's Keep it simple everybody. COVID-19 has a 99.89% recovery rate for people under the age of 70. As long as you do not have any preconditions like diabetes, over weight etc. you are going to recover from this. The advancements in medicines to treat COVID has also help people who are...
  17. D

BINGO! So simply said and yet so true. Can we all just get along...
  18. D

Hey guys two jokes for you all. Why do the Amish people have such low Covid-19 cases? They don't watch TV. :) What do masks, Covid vaccinations and Liberals have in common? None of them work. ;) Please this is all in fun please keep it cool........
  19. D

Horror of Horrors!

What a sad story :(. I really enjoyed all the stories and memories we shared on the "Are you a True West Sider" thread. Hopefully there is some chance to save it.